Issues with Koolada?

I can pass on the hard shell critters myself. Carbs, probably why I’m not as trim and slim as I used to be, they jump on me like fleas on a dog…lol

1 Like

Hope you weren’t planning on ordered from Bull City, i purchased all they had in stock about an hour ago. :frowning:

Vaperstek has it in stock tho.

you turd , :wink: stole our stash. Lol I am just kidding. I did however just order from them and their nic was out ugh then a day later it’s back in eeerrrrhhhh

1 Like

I purchase direct from Vaperstek for their nic. Thats the one thing you want to be as fresh as possible. After using the Carolina Xtract nic i may not be purchasing from Vaperstek at all anymore. BullCity has cheaper shipping than VT and a larger selection of flavorings.

Sowwy.

1 Like

Isn’t vaperstek out of the country ? UK ? Something to that effect ? And hmm what’s this Carolina xtract your keeping to yourself ? I’m pretty much sold if it bets VT . I don’t have any problem w/ VT in fact I compared it up side nude and it destroyed it. Now Carolina xtract are they that much better - pricing shipping and bottling ?

Thanks Ken now I’ve got some researching to do. But would like your opinion.

1 Like

Well now what am I going to do? No koolada and no mentholyptus! :pensive: Just kidding, I wasn’t planning on ordering yet anyway. Hopefully once I am ready it will be back in stock. :wink:

1 Like

VT is in the US but their nicotine is UK sourced.

@JoJo They still have some at Veperstek. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Ken they look good.

1 Like

The nic is fantastic and can be traced to the exact plot the tobacco was grown on. Sadly i havent vaped nicotine in over a week now so the majority of my nicotine will be vaped by other people, except this stuff. Ill save this stuff for me should i decide i need some nicotine. I shouldnt so no nicotine as i used 1% in my last batches just so i could achieve the lovely coloration that nicotine provides.

Carolina Xtract is just as high quality as anything of the other top brands and cheaper. 14.99/120ml is cheaper than both NN and VT. And somehow they are able to accept Paypal…

1 Like

Wow you went nic free ??? Congratulations are in order !!!

Thank you for the info. I seen the 14.99 but it confused me Bc it said sampler ? It was also worded weirdly 100mg/1000ml in a 120 ml bottle I believe I thought odd of the labeling. So this is the size you speaking of , ok. Well kewl I will check them out they sound really good.

1 Like

Well, i just wanted to see if there was any addiction left since id been vaping at 3mg. Nope, no Mr Cranky Pants this time.

I agree with wording is a bit odd, 100mg/1000ml? No idea what thats all about but it seems to tbe the same strength as the other 100mg nic i have. I usually order my nic in 120ml bottles for easier storage in the deep freezer as i also put the bottles in vacuum sealed bags and this fit perfect.

3 Likes

Did you try vaping the same recipe without the koolada in it? Or did I miss the part??

I didn’t, but I have a Tiger’s blood that’s pretty much exactly the same without the koolada. I did switch to a different recipe for most of the day, then tried the one with koolada again and it was almost immediate. The best way I can describe it is that my throat felt sticky…like throat congestion. Weirdest thing I’ve ever experienced. Nothing else in the mix has caused a reaction in any other mix. I think I’m gonna give it one more go with the iced latte just to be 100% sure.

1 Like

Check this price on nic, CLICK

2 Likes

I think I know what you are describing. Sometimes if I drink something like grape juice before going to bed, I will wake up hours later feeling like I have 1/2" of sticky mucus coating my throat. I can’t make it move off my throat unless I drink a lot of water. It kind of makes me feel like I can’t swallow and it’s hard to breathe.

I notice it happens more during allergy season. It’s a very uncomfortable feeling! I don’t remember what vapes I was using at the time. It happens off and on. I’ll try to remember what flavor I’m using next time it happens.

1 Like

That’s some seriously good prices ! I have heard good things about them but never tried them ? going to get order from Carolina xtract I think next time.

1 Like

Hey JoJo. I urge anyone experiencing these or other symptoms from Koolada laced fluids to contact AEMSA (American E-Liquid Manufacture Standards Association) with their concerns. If enough people report it they may look into it. I have been avoiding cooled products entirely on the basis that I switched to vape to ensure I inhale less chemicals and adding one more in seemed inappropriate. I recently purchased a flavour from Zeus E-Juice (LOVE EM) that I didn’t realise contained Koolada (Methyl Menthyl Lactate). Upon noticing the cooling effect I checked and found that Koolada was present, and after several hours vaping I had my first asthma attack (only mild) in several years. Till now I have only had 2-3 attacks in 16 years. I had the flu at the time, but still thought I should look into what Koolada is and any scientific data available on possible intolerances or allergies. I found next to nothing. The only info I have found has been anecdotal stories like your own. Anyway, as I was waiting on a delivery of Kanthal wire, I couldn’t clean out and rebuild my vape deck so I switched back to weak cigarettes for a day, but as I ran out at night while with friends I went back to the vape. Sure enough a couple of hours later I have had another reaction, this time in a mild rash, somewhat like what my house mate gets when exposed to seafood. At this point I can only assume that the Koolada is to blame as I have never had an allergic reaction to anything before, and I have been vaping for years now so I’m pretty sure I can rule out a PG intolerance altogether. I hope this helps you in some way.

I don’t know that I’d go so far as to report it to anyone. I do think it should be declared, but we’re actually vaping quite a few molecular compounds that we don’t take into consideration with any flavor added to e-liquid. Koolada has it’s place for people who use it and don’t have a reaction. I would have gladly continued using it had I not had a reaction. Win some you lose some. From what it sounds like, reactions aren’t really that common. Like I said, juice manufacturers should probably declare when it’s used in a liquid, but I bought it and used it myself so I’m the only one responsible had I continued to use it knowingly.

Oh I agree totally, but if there is a small segment of the community that may have an anaphylactic reaction to Koolada, I think AEMSA (a non government, vape friendly organisation) would be the people to look into it and if there is an issue, notify manufacturers of the need to label products for not only public safety but also for the safety of vaping all together. We don’t need to give the anti smoking lobby more ammo and the law about labelling consumables with allergens is pretty clear.

1 Like