Issues with Koolada?

Anyone here have any kind of allergic reaction to koolada?

Last night I was trying out the Iced Melonberry I made last week, and it felt like I may have been having a slight reaction. Not sure how to describe it…drainage and throat closing up/having trouble swallowing, I guess? It’s possible that my allergies are flaring up (stupid summer in the South!) and I need to start taking allergy pills. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had something like this happen before? It seems to be better today, but not gone. Guess I should switch tanks and see if it goes away…if so, no more koolada for me! :cry:

1 Like

My be both I hope ur ok! Have u ever used it before?

Koolada above 0.5% always feels weird to me… Can’t really describe it.

1 Like

@quitter1 I tasted it, but haven’t used it in a mix yet. I’m fine, not a serious reaction or anything…just weird like @daath said. I only did a couple drops in 10ml, 0.5%. The experiment continues…I’ll report back. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m gonna be really bummed if I can’t use it for myself. I’m not a menthol fan, but I love the Koolada cooling effect. I’ve got an iced latte in the drawer that I am gonna be really ticked if I can’t use. LoL

same here Jojo … I hate menthol but i do like Koolada. However, I never experienced any reactions from it …

Sad day. I think it definitely is the Koolada. I used a diff tank and juice all day, just switched back to the koolada and almost instantly started getting tight, itchy, irritated throat. :sob: After looking around, it looks like it’s not entirely unheard of. In a VU thread, HiC mentioned his SO had issues also and using FW Extreme Ice instead didn’t cause them. Guess I will try that. I’m gonna give these mixes to my sister and see if she likes them. Maybe her or hubby won’t have problems with it. I’m gutted…I was so looking forward to these. Live and learn.

1 Like

Well thats a bummer JoJo, i lubs Koolada. Extreme Ice is pretty dern tasty, a mixture of mints and menthol yet i find i need it colder so i generally mix it with menthol and or Koolada. Eucalyptus is awesome too. I got a bottle of Melonlyptus from BleuX, 30ml gone in two days, well there is 2ml left in my Subtank… Now im trying to figure out what company he purchased the flavoring from, im thinking INW.

As a seasonal allergy sufferer this juice has been awesome.

1 Like

Jojo, if I remember correctly, those symptoms do indeed sound like a allergic reaction. Perhaps giving them to your sister is best. I hate like heck to say this but you can try menthol instead. Problem with that is it adds flavor to the blend where koolada does not. But, when in a pinch and need some coolness…

Agreed to all of the above. I have some menthol crystals I dissolved in PG. I’ll try some mixes and see if I can come up with something. I don’t HATE menthol, I smoked Camel Crushes for awhile, but making my juices taste like toothpaste is not one of my favorite ideas. Oh well. Maybe I can use the Koolada in water since eating it didn’t seem to cause an issue. LoL

1 Like

You may love Extreme Ice then. I mix it anyways from 5%, in mixes, up to 20% standalone. Until i had tried eucalyptus EI (FW) was my favorite mint. If you dont want to pay FW shipping rates on a single bottle grab it from MtBaker Vapor. Their 15ml bottles are so full that you get appx 18ml. I cant find a card from them but they have a permanent 10% off code.Its only 2.99/15ml.

2 Likes

Speaking of menthol, I feel I gotta tell you about Decadent Vapours “Mentholyptus”. I have some friends who only smoked menthol analogues, then they started vaping and wasn’t very satisfied with anything. Until I mixed up a batch of mentholyptus for them - single flavor. They were blown away. They’ve vaped that almost exclusively for a couple of years.

4 Likes

Damn, 11 dollars shipping. Id love to try it but 28 bucks for a 50ml is a bit out of reach for me. Searched for it on Liberty Flights US warehouse but it returned no results.

Bull City has FW flavors, also. 1.75/10 ml I think. I’m planning an order with them anyway, so I’ll probably grab some then. I hadn’t really checked out Mt Baker Vapor much…did we ever come to a conclusion whether or not they are using FW flavors? Or is that a can of worms that doesn’t need to be opened again? LoL I was going to add them to my price list but wasn’t sure.

@daath Do you know of a good place to get DV flavors in the US? <---- Never mind, I guess. Ken beat me to it. LOL

1 Like

Uh bummers. I hope your all better. well your sister could very well have the same reaction just let her know obviously. Anaphylaxis is a serious life threatening concern this is what your describing… Ah so no more koolada ! I am allergic to shellfish and have this reaction plus violent nausea and projectile vomiting ewh but the shortness of breath and throat tighten is the worst! Epinephrine ( epi-pen) for anaphylaxis or you can just avoid it ( I hope you know I’m teasing about the epi pen koolada is good but not that good ) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I soooo feel for you. I think I would die without a shrimp or crab fix once in a while. Hopefully you’ve found other goodies to sub…

1 Like

Yes everyone always feel sorry for me. I went fishing today we caught a rainbow trout wished I’d caught more than one we could of had a fish fry but maybe Tom. I am vegetarian but I eat fish on occasion. I’m sure your being from Texas can not imagine having no beef. :weary:

1 Like

I was bummed enough that it actually crossed my mind. LOL. I have not had any type of allergic reaction to something like this before other than seasonal. I will definitely let her know what’s up. :smile:

@Ken_O_Where And @daath I saw inawera had a mint eucalyptus. I’m gonna give it a go in my next order. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Hey if you do not like menthol but do like mint ? Cap’s cool mint is very good as well as FW candy cane peppermint is very good cool and lightly minty. Good luck on the search.

So, someone who is allergic to shellfish can still eat fish. I had no idea. Truth be told, if I was from Indiana I’d still want my beef, however if I was a richer man I would eat a lot more shrimp, crab, and lobster than beef. I wasn’t kidding when I said I got to have my fix now and then. Bet the fishing was fun! Vegetarian, I’d be a thinner man but I think I’d starve…lol

1 Like

Eh you know I’m thinking veggies get a bad wrap but it’s the dang gum carbohydrates those suckers jump on ya and you pick up the lbs. ! Yes shellfish being crustations ( sp.?) are the issue with the allergy not fish a lot of ppl don’t realize it. I am advised to not even eat clams oysters mussels so anything with a shell. Stinky

1 Like