Just a plug, to begin mixing by weight!

Does the scales on the site allow for varying nic levels, and whether you’re using PG/VG base? Sorry if it’s already been asked. I’m new to this, and will be starting using %, with syringes. But the idea of mixing by weight is more appealing. Might consider getting a wee scales.

You don’t need much. A 500g scale is pretty cheap and that’s what everyone uses. The calculator will let you put in the nic you have and how much PG/VG is in your nic base and then how much nic you want your finished liquid to be and what you want your finished PG/VG ratio to be. I strongly suggest checking out scales. Don’t even bother with syringes and volume. Scales are easier, quicker, and more accurate. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Yeah looking at some vids atm on mixing by weight, looks so much easier :slight_smile: I will have to start off using the syringes for now though, just spent all my spare cash on start up kit and concentrates for this week :smiley:

1 Like

The PG/VG-ratio in the nicotine is taken into account, but currently it doesn’t take nicotine itself into account, so the weight is ever so slightly off (but we’re talking really small amounts here). It shouldn’t really matter much, but I will probably change it to take the nic into account as well at some point :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Good to know, cheers :slight_smile: I was curious mainly because the nic I’ve ordered, is 50mg/VG - where I see alot of others use PG base.

Ah yes, you should be fine, just specifying it being VG-based :slightly_smiling:

To illustrate: I assume your 50 mg/ml 100% VG base weighs 1.261 g/ml but it really weighs 1.248 g/ml - let’s put that in perspective: Mixing a 10ml 3mg juice ELR says you should use 0.76 g nic base, but the “correct” number would be 0.75g :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Good enough for me :slight_smile: watching some of the vids on mixing by weight, and they all state that being off by 0.01 or so is insignificant :slight_smile:

And if you really want to be that precise, you should probably get a scale that is precise to 0.001g :smiley: heheh

EDIT: When I am sloppy (which I ususally am), I am often off by more than 0.01g :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m good with anything between 3 - 6mg [depending on the juice] in general so I don’t really need ultra-ultra precision, so long as it’s in-around bang on :smiley:

What sort of voodoo do you recommend to get the drops to come out in 1/1000’s of a gram? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Monotone incantations over a fire under a full moon in a fairy ring. Duh. I thought everyone knew that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sounds like how my relations make poítin! :smiley:

1 Like