Lathe and CNC geekery - Driptips!

Love the way that color finishes up! Don’t think I’ve run across that combo at any vape shop I’ve been to yet.

Damn I love that color. No you need to send your designs to a shop with Swiss machines and have them whip out 500 a day :wink:

1 Like

Ya, that piece has more stuff going on in it than a Bangkok whore house.
Swiss machines? Then they would lose there “crafted by a peckerwood in the hills” appeal. LOL

4 Likes

I am getting tooled up for limited production of this stuff. I got my tool posts all lined out today, boring bars and some “method of madness” for some resemblance of work flow. The next several I make should go fairly quickly now.

3 Likes

. . .does it count that I was going to call dibs on one of the blue ones before you ever cut it. That stock looked sick, the tip is nuts.

1 Like

No reason to call “dibs”. Here is the deal. I am making them for $25.00 a piece. Half of that goes to Lars (daath) as a donation to e-liquid-recipes.com in the purchasers name to help maintain and pay for this wonderful website that we all love so much. I can take payment via PayPal only.
So see, for my time and effort and material I actually get very little.
My reason for doing this is for those that wish can have a cool drip tip for the Aromamizer, or any 510 drip tip hole out there. AND (this is the biggest reason) to help Lars keep this site up, running and improving.

10 Likes

Dude, this is just awesome! If you still have stock in a couple weeks I’ll take one. Need to wait for another paycheck though after holidays.

2 Likes

The material is easy for me to order in. I will keep you a piece back Benny. It is you who pointed the Blue Bronze color out to me. As long as people want these things, I will use this as a method to fund raise for the site.

4 Likes

Sweet!! :+1:

1 Like

If you have enough left over…well that would make a great second one.

Great job on those brother. I hope people order these from you like mad. And I’m sure each person who has never experiences the pleasure of using an acrylic drip trip are in for the shock of their vapelife.

3 Likes

Works for me. I think you should put some kind of logo. . .somewhere. You could be the next JayBo. Maybe a serial number at minimum. . .just what you need, more work.

I for one see this as voluntary on your part and am not holding you to anything. BUT, if you have a tip for an Aromamizer that you don’t mind parting with I’m here with a paypal account. . .I prefer PP, less detectable by the wife. I just bought a USC and one of those shaking mixers (both wrists broken twice, shaking SUX). . .oh, and $75 worth of whole leaf tobacco. . .and an impending ECX order from hell. Yeah, going off the rails over here, but let me know.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really awesome of you. They’re beautiful and I’d love to buy one if/when you get ready to sell them. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

I guess I need to start a new topic for selling them. I’m taking orders now.
So far I only have 2 colors, the Lime Mesh and the Blue Bronze. I have some others on order. If you want a specific color
you can go to http://www.exoticblanks.com/blanks-by-color/ and PM me the item number and what you want and I can get the material ordered. It takes 3-5 days for it to be delivered to me, and I can really only make them on the weekends. Maybe a couple of evenings through the week. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to make a Delrin insert and the drip tip itself. It is fairly labor intensive as all I have to work with is a very old manual lathe. I don’t mind it, if I was doing it only for the money I’d go broke. But this site, and the people in it are good enough cause for me. :smiley:

5 Likes

Done! I will go ahead it make it tomorrow for you and it will be ready to go as soon as the red material comes in for the other one.

2 Likes

I like the blue bronze just fine!

3 Likes

I just let out a squeal like a little girl who was just picked for the junior cheerleading team. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That image of you …will forever be burned into my virtual retina LOL

3 Likes

Please PM me to place orders. I will respect your personal information, and I expect the same. As soon as payment is received, I will order the blank if needed, and make the 50% donation to Lars/daath/ELR on your behalf. I will also give you a lead time on when I should have it finished. SrthnMixer placed the first order for 2 last night. This is how it was handled and it seemed to work very well for both parties.

1 Like

I have a black aromamizer and I usually put it on my black dovpo. I love the lime one. Green is my favorite color and I think it’d look pretty snazzy with that combo. Don’t rush for me though, it’ll be a couple weeks before school funds are released. :wink:

3 Likes

I have the following colors on order:

The Black Forest looks like it will POP! on the darker side of POP that is.

4 Likes