Lemon Meringue Tart (VTA)

I’m carping about flavor names again. Lemon Meringue Tart (VTA) is definitely not “one shot”, but in the flavor list it is designated as such. Please make a correction.

3 Likes

Before or even during your carping on, it would be most helpful to post the manufacturer link for named concentrate. :+1:

Methinks I’ll be waiting. :pray:

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s a oneshot… loads of flavour loads of character, too complex for a concentrate

4 Likes

Session will link you to his essay on it in a bit

3 Likes

I have to humbly apologize: on the manufacturer’s site it is really “One Shot”. I’m buying from NonNonmz and they list it asa flavor concentrate. I didn’t check further. My bad.

5 Likes

Lemon Meringue Tart (VTA) 5% (5-17-20) – We can start this one off by saying this SHOULD be a must have from the VTA line. Your personal mileage may vary depending on your tastes, but this presents as a new, and unique take on a LMP/LMT. Being a longtime CAP LMP user, this one was a breath of fresh air. It’s not that CAP’s isn’t good, as it is, and it’s my go to, BUT, this one shakes things up a bit. The lemon in this one is perfect, sweet, tart, pronounced, but not overbearing. The meringue, while lower in the mix, works well here, and perhaps the crust is much different than CAP’s. I’ve seen this paired many times (as I have done as well) WF’s Flapper Pie, and they work perfectly together. This one might not be as “generic” as CAP’s, but that’s what makes it unique. Maybe some buttery undertones in there, sweetness mid level, and as a single flavor, it honestly doesn’t need a lot of fixing right out of the bottle. Now, you can always tweak to your needs, but as a solo, pretty damned good. On a short 2 week steep, the lemon longevity cannot be determined, but @ 5%, this was a great LMP/LMT vape. I can’t 100% define the tart vs. pie issue, but I suspect more of a biscuit, than a graham base. I will have to further test in some of my Looper mixes to see how it compares/contrasts to CAP’s. All in, damned nice offering from VTA, that doesn’t really need much help. 9.9/10.

4 Likes

No worries, I run it solo at around 6% and it tastes like a commercial juice pretty punchy

If you see his reviews pay attention in the future, he grabs 30mls in his hand like wine connoisseur squirts a few MLS in his mouth and spits it out and everything. I was like whoa man wtf

5 Likes

No worries my good man, it’s just part of the issue we all suffer with due to vendors either changing names, or rebottler’s using short forms, or whatever.

I should’ve been nicer, and i apologize. :pray:

4 Likes

@kamanza when I SFT’d that one 2 years ago, I didn’t even know it was billed as a One Shot, BUT, it appears as if it is.

https://www.vapetrain.com.au/shop/one-shots/lemon-meringue-tart-one-shot-concentrate-for-e-liquid-recipes/

5 Likes

Had to mix up a bottle, fuck man do I ever enjoy this flavour. I added some Like cold press and a touch of biscuit… Good enough for me

4 Likes

@kamanza obviously all of our tastes differ, and despite not knowing VTA had tagged the LMT as a One-Shot flavor, what were your thoughts on it ? Too weak ? Needed to much help ?

2 Likes

Just like their cinnamon donut is not a one shot. It does need a little help. I have had to keep changing the recipe because my partner decided after 200ml she doesnt like it anymore or it tastes funny. So i change it a little. Then after 200ml i go back to a previous version :rofl::rofl::rofl: she always says she likes the previous ones when she gets to the last 100ml. So tastes change and she is proof positive of it :rofl::rofl::rofl: this is why i only mix 200ml at a time.

5 Likes

VTA Lemon Meringue Tart is pretty much the the only one of Vape Trains one shot concentrates that is even close to being a one shot. They are all good but I’ve found that most are great base flavors to build upon.

4 Likes