Lightning Vapes wire

@paingawd how is the NEW, new house treating you guys ?

5 Likes

Iā€™m glad you are hanging in there brother and Iā€™m glad you posted!!

6 Likes

Yes indeed mate. Itā€™s good practice to clean your wire if making them from rolls. Gets rid of any impurities and coatings that may be there. I always do it as part of my coiling, just second nature now and only takes a minute to do. :grin:

5 Likes

Really well! Of course, the cats are still trying to figure out their places so we get the occasional squabbles. Nothing a steady routine of claw trimming and judicious application of the squirt bottle canā€™t handle!

Itā€™s a beautiful house, itā€™s just not feeling like ā€œhomeā€ yet. I canā€™t quite put my finger on the reason, but then again weā€™ve only hung one picture. Weā€™ll get there. We finally had some people over for the missusā€™ birthday last month. It was great to have laughter and conversation in the house again! Plus, I did up a slew of barrel chicken that absolutely disappeared, so progress! (Before anyone eyes go all wonky trying to figure out what the hell barrel chicken is- Iā€™ve got a 50 gallon barrel converted into a bbq/smoker. It will hold 6-7 whole chickens that are lovingly marinated in Basque ambrosia. Takes about 1.5 hours to cook to an internal temp of 165. Itā€™s bangin!)

Long story longer, weā€™re moving forward. Sometimes at a pace that makes the snails wonder why weā€™re taking so damn long, but forward! Hoping to maybe take a little time in the next couple of months to go somewhere. Monterrey Bay Aquarium has been on my mind lately. Gotta go squeal at the sea otters. Of course, our friend in Idaho just got a second camel so we might be heading north to meet the little bugger. If the missus ever gets some time off, maybe weā€™ll do both-Weā€™ve earned it!

Howā€™s life in the Carolinas?

8 Likes

This is exactly what I noticed too, and they seemed to remove some wire, maybe just for package transitioning.

4 Likes

So whatā€™s the other, possibly better wire Co now that avs is gone?

2 Likes

Hmmm interesting. I hope they havenā€™t reduced the amount of wire on the spools.

2 Likes

I use the Master of Clouds brand as well as Wire Optim. Priced about the same. Unfortunately Master of Clouds doesnā€™t have 27g, as far as Iā€™ve searched,which I use a lot. But quality for price is pretty good. Coil Clout wire is another good one too.

There are some great higher priced wires out there, Twisted Messes for example, but I make too many mistakes to pay that cost lol.

3 Likes

I have been a big proponent of odd size wire. I love both 27 and 29! Iā€™m just getting into a forgotten roll of lightening vapes 27 so itā€™s good to know of places aside from zivipf (who have increased their prices substantially (at least for Clapton) - though their wires are outstanding and can be had in just about any configuration.

Do you happen to have any experience with 27guage nife in a contact coil for tc?

Also when I said removed some wire I meant options not spool sizes. Sorry.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have never used TC mode. I stay on VV or VW for ease of use.

No problem! Thanks for clearing that up.

3 Likes

This is where I get mine and a lot of other people too

https://temcoindustrial.com/electrical/wire/resistance-wire/

6 Likes

Do you find you have to clean that wire? That was my feeling / experience when I used it way back in the day, but maybe itā€™s changed or I was wrong I suppose I should be cleaning all wire. Time to order the little alcohol swabs used before shots etc.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using LV for at least 8 yrsā€¦ Was very loyal ā€¦ But Iā€™ve noticed prices are a bit higher and wire isnā€™t the sameā€¦ Gunking up quickerā€¦
And not as cleanā€¦ Imo spools seem to be less wireā€¦ But I did not measure, test or weighā€¦ Just no time for thatā€¦ Iā€™ve only used N80 for a few yrs now ā€¦it is my wire preference.
I picked up several spools from coil clout on a sale and am happy with what Iā€™ve tried so farā€¦
Thereā€™s also kidney puncher ā€¦ I think Iā€™ve bought from them once or twice and was satisfied with the wire but prices seemed higher then other places ā€¦ But they all seem to be raising prices up a bit now anyway. Still cheaper and better then pre-mades imo thoā€¦
I only buy certain gauges ā€¦ Found what I like and just stick with thatā€¦ Not a fancy builder, just claptons, fused claptons, and on occasion Aliens. I figure if ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix itā€¦ And these coils work for meā€¦lol

4 Likes

LV WO also used to have a few sales throughout the year for 30% off. I havenā€™t seen that in a while. I was expecting a sale on Memorial Day but it just came and went.

5 Likes

Ya but it was back in the day too.

I would clean my cores and if I was wrapping I would clean it after I finished it.

4 Likes