Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

Okay, 3 (and a half) day steep on the French Vanilla Cappucinno (RF) and VaporBase mixture… here goes:

Wow… just wow - very smooth, a little harsh (but I think this is because of the 12% use, I’m sure if I back it down to 10% this will be even better), but it definitely has that French Vanilla exhale, more than it did three days ago. It’s still a little… dry, but once again, this may be according to the short steep time overall.

I really have some high hopes, I spoke to a few fellow DIY’ers and they were saying to get that flavor is usually about a week to two.

@VaporBase you now have a confirmed believer here… now take my money! Big order coming up on the next CFO approved (yes, gotta check with the Mrs.) pay period.

6 Likes

Watching this closely. Thanks for the short window of testing, very meaningful.

3 Likes

Oh and yeah. I’m really looking forward to telling my wife aall about Medicine Flower extracts :cold_sweat:

@BoDarc any recommendations to give a little moisture, or am I not giving the steep long enough? I’m open for suggestions…

The base is literally smooth as silk, no throat irritation, not even a hitch… this stuff is great.

1 Like

that’s a typical sign of not enough step time, but I have zero experience with Real Flavors. Hang in there …me? I have zero patience, so appreciating yours. Strangely smooth…like if you took out all objectionable flavors. I’m really fascinated by this experiment. Last night dripping 6mg was like having a cigar with no respiratory effect.

1 Like

Ok, tried my test mix with the more complex recipe Pistachio Fluff Ambrosia. Usually this takes a month to steep as a lot of flavors to blend, including pineapple and mandarin which are steepers for the acidity normally. At 6 days I’m going to say the flavor is on par with a 3-4 week steep, but the creamy thick mouth feel isn’t there yet. So the flavor is definitely steeping much faster, but to get that true yummy whipped cream in the mouth feel it’s still not quite there. I will try it in another week.

I’m starting to wonder if I could have successfully reduced the flavors by 30% and still been fine? I reduced it by 20%, and strength is really good…might try even more reduction next time.

I noticed the lack of mouth feel on the custard test yesterday as well, so I’m wondering if that is something that will still require steep time with creams anyway, or even if maybe I won’t get that feel at all with the Vapor Base. Only time will tell, way too early to know. I do think it will develop that aspect though as the PDO is so close to PG.

I have also noticed that when I make a mix using 15% of PG flavorings and the rest with Vapor Base, it is much thinner than my normal 30/70. So just the Vapor Base itself is similar to 30/70, a little bit thinner. But it becomes very obvious once flavoring is added. Not as notable with the VG Flavors. The test mixes with the PG flavoring still produces good vapor, but slightly reduced and not quite as dense. To me anyway. But still plenty enough vapor production for me, as I’m a flavor chaser. And the flavors are certainly enhanced with this Base…loving it so far!

5 Likes

I’ve noticed too about the consistency as well, to be honest the only reason why I cared was for the PG content and how much my throat was going feel like it was sanded with 80 grit sandpaper.

The beautiful thing about vapor base is the flavors (PG and VG) are sharp and vibrant with less used and some shorter times and there is no (or little) throat hit that sours the experience for me.

This base hasn’t disappointed yet and like I said before, I’m sold.

6 Likes

@dwdh586 I like how this is progressing, many thanks. I’m trying to not have unreasonable hopes (steep times), but if this works out it solves two of my worst complaints/issues with DIY …steep times and storing high% nicotine in the house.

In your picture of your personal setup I see you bought the 3% base. I plan on mixing in an additional 50% VG post-steep to the 6% nic VB, as I DTL and like the clouds and flavor. I will trade the main convenience and aim of the current VaporBase to make mixing have fewer steps, and clearly see why their current product is what it is.

Simply put, it gives more options and clarifies what it is in fact that you are purchasing. If they begin selling PDO+VG premix it might save me a step but I think it may dilute the whole concept of VaporBase, and not give everyone the opportunity to validate that in fact it’s a solid product NOW (vaping unflavored VaporBase) and you can add VG if you desire or not.

Hmm I getting way ahead of my chores today and may steal some time tonight to mix 50/50 and drip some flavorless 6mg PDO/VG tonight. (3mg nic). Ha! I’m going to be out of my sample before I add any flavors …let’s see if we can add some clouds!

3 Likes

I agree, this is very smooth, and the throat irritations I usually get from my sensitivity to PG are absent with the Vapor Base. The only downside for some might be if they are cloud chasers, and/or if they have temperamental RDA’s that have leaking issues with thinner liquids.

I use tanks, but the mixes made with PG flavorings are similar to the thinness of a 50/50 blend, which can be positive for some people with those notorious small wicking holes that don’t keep up with thicker liquids. And the vapor production and density is also very similar to 50/50. I personally like my clouds a little more dense, maybe that is why I’m not getting that thick mouth feel I keep referring to? I think I may try some testing with using 90% Vapor Base and 10% VG with mixes using pg flavoring and see how that ends up.

But it’s a trade off I’m willing to make for the reduced steeping times and irritation, as well as the enhanced flavor.

Come on…take a minute extra and add a little flavoring too. You know you want to, and this is really amazing stuff with the flavors :wink:

5 Likes

I got a chance to make up a recipe last night using the Liquid Labs vapor base , here are my preliminary findings.
At first I was planning on reducing my flavoring percentage by 20% as I have seen others do but I elected to go with the same recipe that I have used in the past as I am familiar with it.
The recipe was @Ken_O_Where original alpha Bread Pudding mix that consisted of the following:
Real Flavors
Bread Pudding 12%
Cinnamon Custard 2%
Vanilla Custard 2%
I purchased a gallon of the VB in 3mg and just mixed using the calculator set on Max VG.I did shake the bejesus out of all the flavorings before mixing.I then frothed the mix until it was completely foamy (3 minutes) and then ran the mix in the Ultra Sonic Cleaner at 50 degrees Celsius for a 15 minute cycle.
This was done about 12 hours ago and I have tested in both a Bo’Son rda and a Boreas tank and am happy thus far with the results.I am running both on @Pro_Vapes Deep Water build using 22 Ga. Titanium and running them in the 45-55 watt range.
I am very pleased that I am finding the Real Flavors with the Vapor Base to be a very pleasant vape.I feel that the recipe is a touch sweeter than when using my original method.I am not getting any harshness in fact I do feel that the mix has already surpassed the smoothness of a two week steep.I do feel that I should mention that I have always used all my Real Flavors as a shake and vape .I will of course update as time passes but so far I am very happy!
In my original mixes I was using the following so please take this in consideration.
Nicotine -My Freedom Smokes 100mg in a 50/50 blend
VG - Essential Depot
Edit:I keep forgetting that some are Cloud Chasers ! I have no problem filling the room with thick clouds using my setup.I can’t honestly say that I can see a difference but I must admit clouds are not my main focus.

10 Likes

Very good info and review, thank you for sharing your testing results. Very similar to what I have experienced with reduced steeping times and enhanced flavorings. I didn’t notice any difference in cloud production or density when using the VG based flavorings either. I think I’m going to have to order a gallon and give in. Almost out and still testing.

Loving the smoothness too, I can honestly say I’m not getting the throat problems I was having with PG. Might wait until next weekend and see if they offer any Father’s Day Sales. Or July 4th. Vape budget is non existent for a couple months while I recover from daughters Prom and Graduation and Father’s Day :wink:

I’ll be back to it soon though. Meanwhile, I look forward to more reviews. Thank you all for taking the time :smiley:

4 Likes

Ok I am reporting back 6 day steep 1/2 VB 1/2 VG in a 6/94 blend no additional nic was added just the 3 mg from the VB I didn’t want to confuse myself any further with mathematical garb I just wanted to see how it treated me .
No problems whatsoever after a little steep woo hooo ! I knew not to give up on it ! Now I am going to finish vaping this and perhaps will move onto a full batch of VB sans Pg flavors.

I also want to report that even thou the overall batch is 15.5 flavoring I honestly think I’ll have to cut it down ! wow super tasty thou !

3 Likes

@Amy2 forgive me for asking, I’m a bit confused… is there a reason why you are still using the VG since the VaporBase is PG free? I do remember earlier posts saying you were PG sensitive (so am I, so I feel your pain), and I have been forgoing any other materials and it’s extremely smooth and the steep time seems (so far) to be shorter and more forgiving.

1 Like

That’s perfectly fine to ask. I am very sensitive to pg. I can only use tops 15 % and under and I rarely use all pg flavorings any more because of this. I used the " Hybrid " approach so that if I did react it wasn’t going to be as strong. I tried VB as a SnV well let me be honest I put 2 drops in a batch that had steeped and tried it after shaking it up and with just those 2 drops I had a reaction which is chest burning like a cold and sore throat that feels sticky. So on the test run I decided to cut it in half and give it a week to steep and it worked.

Correction- If I go up to 15 % I tend to not use all pg flavors I still use them just can’t use any additional for fillers. Nic is Vg based as well.

3 Likes

How much experience have you had with VG flavorings? I’m really enjoying the Real Flavors line, and they seem to hit the spot for the flavors as a single flavor vape (still trying to figure out how to combine them).

2 Likes

Been using them since the fall last year became Pg sensitive late last summer was a 30/70 kinda girl previously.

You can PM me if you have questions I also have plenty of recipes you more than welcome to adapt and use just go under Amy*** and type in Real Flavors or Northwest Flavors ( NWF is RF ) NWF is rebottled and sold at ECX but fo sho they’re RF.

2 Likes

Woooooo Hooooo! So excited for you Amy, was hoping it would work. I know it’s helping me, but your allergy is much worse than mine. Crossing my finger that the full mix does good for you too :upside_down:

3 Likes

Thank Ya I’m doin the same thing :smile:

1 Like

So I wasn’t able to read and reply to everything over the weekend as planned due to some web fixes taking way longer than expected. But I am here and I will get back to everyone! This week for sure.

BTW, I want to send a sample batch to someone on this forum who can accurately weigh VaporBase in every Nic concentration we offer. Our lab weighs by volume, so they didn’t have a scale on hand that was accurate enough.

Does anyone on here have a scale that goes to three decimal places? If you have the time and would be willing to measure some liquid and report the results, we’ll ship the sample batch to you and hook you up with a healthy discount code or some product for helping out.

2 Likes

I am sure that @Amy2 or @MysticRose should be able to hook you up with that.

2 Likes