[Local] Industry [is a] Scam

Thank you, mainly fruity flavors but my friends and I like them…

So you found good (inexpensive) places to buy things. This is great.

What does this mean ? You won’t hunt for cheaper things at other stores/locations ?

So you feel you got ripped off at some stores, but found other stores with the same things at a cheaper price. I don’t understand why you would think this is an “industry scam” You can always find shit cheaper if you look, but it’s on you to look for them.

I can go to the corner laundry store and pay $3 for a small 100g package of laundry soap, or I can buy 1000g from Amazon for $10, or I can buy the raw ingredients for $30 and make 10000g of home made laundry soap that works even better. So the corner laundry is a scam too ? It’s just soap in a cheap $0.02 plastic bag.

Be smart, shop smart, (I want to say quit your bitching, but you may take it personally)

Every corporation in every industry does this. It’s called making a profit. Some screw over the consumer way more than your experience with the vaping world. Look at Martin Shkreli – 1000% increase for a generic drug ? – now look at what the rest of the pharmaceutical industry is doing, they may not be raising prices by 1000%, but they’re going up 200-600% and don’t care about the people that NEED these drugs – it’s about THEIR profits – fuck what you think, those poor underpaid CEOs need their new 20,000sq ft vacation home that they use 2 days out of the year.

I’m poor, but I understand what some businesses do. It may not be “right”, but it’s what they do. The shitty businesses close, the “good” businesses stay open. Don’t blame the entire industry on what some shitty stores do. Businesses… not Corporations. Corporations suck.

5 Likes

And that justifies a 700% markup?

1 Like

I’m tempted to give you 2 words too, one of them is “off” but I won’t do that either…

1 Like

LOL, not a problem man. It’s all good, nothing personal.
Quit shopping at that store and go find (if you can) other places that give better deals.
Hopefully karma will kick in and the lady with the 700% markup will close because SHE is ripping off her customers… not the industry, HER.

4 Likes

That’s what I did Mr Davedave…

1 Like

read the thread its not only the cost of VG , PG nic and flaves that go in to the pricing of a commercial juice , then you have the manufacturers cost , the the distributors cost then the retailers cost then the consumer gets it at their cost so for example the Mfr sells it to the distributor for say 5 $ the. the distributor sells it to the retailer for 10 bucks then the retailer sells it to the consumer for 17.99 for 60ml see how it works ???

2 Likes

Here’s an example, a Voopoo cost me 1600 ZAR. Where you folks live you get them for $45. Translated into ZAR, that’s 450 ZAR. But as was pointed out, stores don’t pay list price so you can prolly half that to about $22.50 which equates to 220 ZAR and they are not shipping them 1 at a time… My new store’s price was 890 ZAR. That. my friend is why I’m bitching as you so eloquently put it.

do me a favor and im being serious go to moleculelabs.com and look at their video check out the set up and imagine the cost , look at the employees , check out the machines it takes then after your done watching the video come back and tell me what you think

2 Likes

Another example is the price of batteries, the old store charged 180 ZAR, my new store charges 79 ZAR.

i never said your bitching , not once have i said anything that could be considered rude or inappropriate, plain and simple for gear here i. the states a BnM has apprx a 50pct margin they dont buy direct from mfr they buy from distributors , so for example an alien kit cost the retailer apprx 40dollars they sell it for 80 thats fair and understandable

2 Likes

Yes dear man, but check the example I gave you for a Voopoo, I really had to scratch to find an honest trader.

never mind i give up , your right the industry screws everyone they can and ejuice mfrs have no additional cost that diyers dont have

2 Likes

Petulance doesn’t help…

No, it doesnt.

2 Likes

im not sulking , or behaving like a child im just giving up , however you are correct and should take your own advice i wish you the best and hope you can find a seller that can meet your standards

2 Likes

17 Likes

Can someone please explain what “a muffin pooping festival” is? I’m all for muffins AND festivals, but not poop.

11 Likes

And i dont filly disagree, @filledb, i dont remember the last time i walked into a B&M and bought any gear or juice. A lot of big juice companies have their liquids made by third party labs which reduces their costs as well.

Best thing you or I can do is it inform people of the crappy retailers and avoid them, let the free market sort it all out. Since i have been vaping i have seen more crappy retailers fold than i can remember.

Yeah, thats still got me gigglin, hehehe.

8 Likes

OMG, when I saw that I laughed so load and long, the whole family came to see what was so funny.

Brilliant

8 Likes