Menthol Flavors, The Good The Bad

You should be well asleep by now young lady.

Absolutely true. I do find that ws23 has a chemical back note that tends to dissipate after a few days while Koolada for me is just horrid no matter how long I leave it. I have not tried ws-5 at all as I have never wanted a total brain freeze in a recipe.

They are not interchangeable with menthol (unless it is only the fresh cooling effect you are chasing).

4 Likes

I should be in bed… but woke up, hit my vape and yeah…
I needed a new flavor… imagine that! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

3 Likes

Crazy in-depth read man! Nice find!

Also interesting to read about WS-12. Colder still, and they’re talking 1-10ppm. :flushed:
(…really dropped my jaw when I saw one mentioned about being used at 200ppb)

Really puts things in perspective as to how pissant our ‘meanderings’ are (by comparison). :laughing:

2 Likes

ya it is super interesting and ya 200ppb would be liquid nitrogen juice lol

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly the only upside to koolada it works well as an insect repellent so at least I can use it for something.

3 Likes

Menthol is more of a flavor to me than anything. Has cooling properties but WS-23 just has a bad chemical taste to me no matter how I use it and gives me a headache. So Maybe just MAYBE menthol is what I am chasing or a natural cooling effect from a mint flavor might be what I want. I could always combine a mint and slight menthol as I doubt I will use my koolada more often.

2 Likes

Well that solves the use problem for my WS-23. Stuff is like a chemical burn to me. All I get is horrid taste and a headache from vaping it. I only use it at 0.25-0.5% and it mucks things up for me.

3 Likes