Missing PM reaction emojis

Eh, no biggie. I’ll probably live…maybe…

3 Likes

Fun guy? :tada:

3 Likes

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/A6VUFv2YHrE/maxresdefault.jpg

4 Likes

And then a pic response too?
gasp/horror/shock

Careful. You know there’s someone out there going:

CeBruxZWoAA6RhZ

/on topic:
Same issue, have cleared cache and tried multiple browsers. Only PM’s affected.

4 Likes

Pfft, I made the list after about 4 posts here.

And on topic, it does seem localized since not everyone is afflicted with the issue (I am not).

This tends to make me think that there are several databases in play here, and depending on which one you’re served, you’re hit with the bug. Of course I know nothing of the back end infrastructure so this is merely conjecture. For Me, Windows 10 and Android not affected.

3 Likes

Everyone knows that I don’t give a flying fuck about my threads staying on topic…right? :joy: Just FTR… I’ll never get pissed off by a derail. :wink:

5 Likes

I suppose you could test that and try your luck with maybe hitting a different DB by logging out totally, clearing the caches, and trying to log on again. I would anyway.

2 Likes

Of course, I could be wrong about multiple databases. And of course, even if so the user data may be statically assigned to the same database in which case your forked.

1 Like

Well… call me forked cuz I tried again, logged completely out, cleared everything, and still no PM emojis.

1 Like
1 Like

Sounds unpleasant…

1 Like

Dependent upon multiple factors of course.

1 Like

Number of prongs…? I’d imagine that could factor in.

1 Like

If you can imagine it, we’re already halfway there.

1 Like

You know, I’m actually trying not to imagine it…

1 Like

Seems to be working fine here…

1 Like

Frankly I didn’t think I’d get you nearly that far. I am new here still, after all.

So I have been scouring the user prefs and I see nothing about disabling emojis in PM’s that may trigger something. I do suspect this is a backend fix that is needed. All I could find was ‘use the same theme across all devices’ but I believe that is only relative to the colors of the screen.

Ya the emojis work just not the reaction emoji - for me anyhow.

4 Likes

yeah, sorry if I wasn’t clear. The regular emojis work, but like woftam said, it’s just the reaction emojis that are usually down under the message.

4 Likes

I misunderstood as well. In that case, count me in as affected. I thought it was all emojis too.

2 Likes