Mod upgrades... Tank upgrades... Flavor stash upgrades?

I’m not trying to draw attention to anyone in particular. This is a random post I grabbed just to show my thoughts on certain brands and why I choose not venture too deep into their flavor line. This really holds true for any flavor company, but less often with premium brands.

Hi. This is my first post. I’ve been lurking for a few weeks now since finding this website. I’m been making my own e juice for a year or more now. The longest time I would just do one flavor. Nothing extravagant. Until I started making juice for a buddy. He likes the fancy ejuice flavors out there.

So recently I’ve been trying different flavors out there and mixing them, trying different recipes. I found one on here called krankberry. It consist of…

Blue raspberry cotton candy -10%
Blueberry wild- 2%
Cranberry - 1%
Raspberry - 1%

So I mixed up a batch. Let it steep for a few days and went to try it. Didn’t really taste much. I’m using my old billow v2 tank. Fresh cotton and coils.

So I tried it and it was bland. So I uped the cotton candy to 15% and it taste a little better. Just not what I was expecting. BTW the flavoring is all CAP.

Any ideas to make the flavor pop?

I think this isn’t a problem with a flavor line but a questionable recipie. Who uses 1% cap on anything. And I’m not sure but isn’t the primary piece of cotton candy mixes EM…resulting in muted flavor profiles of other concentrates.

So the real problem is fail to research. If I was a flavor hoarder like some of the folks and I had everything…I would either bump up the rassberry and cranberry or just simply swap out for rassberry FA and up the blueberry. And I’m sure the mix would sing so much more.

But that’s all a guess because technically all I have of cap is custard v2, bannana (yay for laffy taffy banana), and sweet strawberry. And maybe 2 others. That’s it. But my picks of cap were heavily researched and that’s the real point. Research. Every flavor line has their special flavors they have hit. For example banana FA is a very real flavor…but it’s a lot of work to get sweet banana, hence banana cap.

I agree with the wrong use of flavors. This forum is littered with these type of errors and questionable flavor purchases. That used to be me.

Haha that was all of us at one point. Some just more recent then others (mine only linked just a few 6 months ago).

I guess really the way to push this convo is when will venders go from labels of primium to labels of “improved safety and quality”? And of course actually mean that.

That is what I am most interest and hopeful for. I think companies anre jumping onto and into better concentrates. I think many have realized if you want a wider audience you can’t just market fruit loops and lolipops.

Now if the remaining part of the audience can join that venture is a whole other thing…because every one out of ten mixes I like some god awfull sweet.

1 Like

I ran across this about Nicotine River pricing. Not too bad for FLAVOURART…

Here’s my order from NR -
3-60ml Capella. @ $7.50/60ml bottle that works out to 12.5 cents per ml
7-60ml FA @ $6.50/60ml bottle that works out to 10.8 cents per ml

On top of them being less expensive you only use 1/4 to 1/2 as much flavor.

2 Likes

I’ll continue buying the ones that stand out for me as I go along. If that ends up being all Cap with 1-2 of the others mixed in, so be it. I go by flavour first, value second. So far only a few FA jump out at me. Where Cap/TFA versions of the rest to me feel as good if not better.

As for questionable recipes, the site is fairly chock full of them, was having a right good search yesterday and was wowed by some of them. Not in a good way. I may not be mixing long, but I’m vaping over 3 years and was a “premium juice” hog for most of that. I know what I want, and I have fair ideas on how to achieve it. So when I check some recipes I just know … ‘that aint working’ without having to try them.

On the other hand, there’s some great ideas here too, [and I mean on the actual e-lr recipe creator site of course] and I’ll find myself going “Aha! I’m stealing that idea!” :smiley:

Oh … and using Cap raspberry is a mistake to begin with. It’s so bloody bland :confused: I was hugely disappointed with it. Maybe I’ll make it work yet …

2 Likes

Maureenie, I invested in MF and many of the flavors I can’t seem to use. I’m still trying. Some of the flavors are excellent, and I use them regularly, and I even bought more of them - stocking up. But most of them, well I can’t figure out how to use them in a good way. Even the Vanilla MF. It just doesn’t seem to have enough flavor or flavor I like. You would think I’d be replacing it in everything where I use Vanilla Swirl TPA or something like that. I really like Inawara fruits. Yes, you must use a lot less and give it a steep, but you do end up with a true, nice flavor. Capella is always good and they offer so many flavors, but I hesitate to pay the same and you must use 20%. That’s just too much. Reguardless of the prices, it’s still a lot cheaper than buying pre-made ejuice. I’m really glad I started out with a large sampler of TPA. I think it was 140 flavors for $170. That gave me a good start. Now I have about 300 flavors total.

3 Likes

That’s really good information Joy, thank you, and I appreciate that. My situation right now is that I went completely nuts over the last year (like a kid in a candy store with my dads visa card) and I have so many flavors and volume of some of the Capella flavoring it’s ridiculous. I have to stop being a greedy flavor nut and mix the stuff I have before I spend any more money.

There’s days I look at what I have and say to myself “Good Lord what was I thinking when I bought that?”

There’s so much of it I don’t like the favor of (Like FW Bubble Gum… and couple of coffee flavors as examples)…but I hesitate to dump it because there might be a recipe that calls for a “drop” of it in the recipe where it may end up being wonderful. I know on my next buy spree I have to expand my horizons!

3 Likes

Oh, I know exactly how you are feeling. I have a pile of vape equiptment that I retired and it’s just too much work to try to sell it. I have a 10 foot x 10 foot pile of stuff for a yard sale in the garage, and I need help to move it for a yard sale. For over a year I’ve been asking people if they wanted to help me do it and I’d give them half the profits. But, no body has moved to help. I’m really glad that I got the 140 TPA flavors for about $170 to start out mixing. That gave me bubble gum and all those odd flavors so I have them if needed for a recipe. I’ve got my concentrates pretty well condensed down into 3 plastic storage containers, and recently I got a cart on wheels that is just right. I can wheel it on into the office and back out when I want to mix juice. Organizing your stuff is part of the hobby, and you’ve got to be comfortable with ‘where’ everything is so you can find it and use it. I have a separate container for ‘Refills’. Concentrates that are large bottles I use to refill the other, smaller bottles.
I like these particular square plastic bottles in 10 ml and 30 ml {link to photo: https://www.fasttech.com/p/2317300 ) that I keep my single flavor steeps in. I can fit more of them in my little cupboard (handy on my coffee table). I refuse to expand further. I do have my Medicine Flower single flavor steeps on a different table that is handy. Right now, I have run out of space in my little cupboard on my coffee table with the square bottles (too many flavors) and I’ll have to eliminate down to only 2 or 3 strawberry brands in there. Right now there are 5. That is how I will make more space.
Perhaps you might decide to move some of your flavors to smaller bottles and stick the larger containers away. Would that help your situation?
I like to buy more stuff but if I don’t get rid of the old stuff I’ll start to look like a hoarder or a maniac.

WEll, I’m rambling on. I should take photos for you all. I AM big organizer. Prior to vaping, I made jewelry. You couldn’t even imagine how many beads I have, and they are all organized. I can find anything right away. Actually they are right in my livingroom mostly in a large desk and you’d never know it.

I feel like we definitely touched bases well and hope we can keep in touch. Rather than buying, maybe you would like to do some trading. I’m just searching for someone to collaborate with very badly. Maybe i’ll have some good ideas for you or something that will help.

1 Like

Yep, gear hoarding! I’m also a hoarder of small electronics and power tools. I work with wood. That’s so funny you sound just like me!

I have always known I would just love to work with wood. Like if I had (oh can’t remember what you call it.) One of those large table tools that spins wood to make bowls or pens. A lathe. sp? I have done a lot of furniture refinishing. Most of the furniture I have in my home is stuff I bought used and refinished. It’s hard to do with pets and their hairs though… a battle. So, what have you been working on lately, and what pieces have you done in the past? I should be more adept at taking photos rather than just describing things. It stems from being a perfectionist, and I don’t want to take the time to take photos. For example with my jewelry making. If you ever have a need for a particular bead or a dream of a particular necklace or an idea, let me know. I probably have the materials you’d need… The clasp, wire or findings you’d need. I’ve been thinking how great it would be to make some drip tips out of some large beads that I have. What about an amethyst drip tip? I love my jade drip tips that I got from Fasttech. They are so smooth and lovely on the lips. I’ve got some large mood beads, onyx and you name it. I’ve also made knotted pearl necklaces in quality better than the ones you’d pay hundreds for. I used to wake up every morning at 4 or 5 am and bead for about 4 hours. I did that every single day for about 6 years. But for the last year, I haven’t been doing it. My granddaughter is living with us, and I just get interrupted too much, so I gave up. It’s as if when I started vaping, I quit beading.

Oh wow, cool! I get the kid thing in house - it’s hard. I always bought my kids a lot of craft stuff so they would stay busy. Now that we have the internet you can even tell them to go watch a youtube video to learn how to do things. (I make my husband do that and I give him projects- keeps him out of my hair too lol)

My new thing is getting plans for making pallet furniture for the lawn. I want to make a couch and some adirondacks out of pallets.

You have to make sure the pallets haven’t been treated with pesticides to use them but I’m only going to use them in the yard and I found a place my husband used to work with that will let me take all their used pallets. Doesn’t this stuff look fun?

http://palletfurnitureplans.com/pallet-sofa/20-cozy-diy-pallet-couch-ideas/

3 Likes

Really good. I love stuff that costs nothing. It’s 10x better. Yea my granddaughter who’s 9 goes online and get instructions on how to make all kinds of things. And she’ll ask me… YOu got this? I always have what she needs. Pipe cleaner = check, Glue gun = check. Glitter glue = check. It’s hilarious. Anything she’s asked for, I have it. I’ve got these bushes out back that make the best fat, strong and long vines. If you cut them fresh or soaked them, you could bend them easily and make anything. I should make furniture with them. You can find instructions for anything on the internet.

2 Likes

Having a kid around to do things with keeps you young. That’s awesome!:sparkling_heart: