Mouth To Lung Tanks / RTA's, Damn it, I Want One

I love my subtank plus
Hard to find now but I build them at .7ohms
MTL for me I have 3 subtank mini’s
In drawer couldn’t quite get them right the plus wicks better I just replace the cotton every few days after chain vaping
I made these extra large drip tips with .030 dia holes in side it works great am machinist so no problem
Makes lot of difference on heat perfect

Plenty flavor and clouds for me
I don’t like fire in my mouth
80/20 high vg never dry hit just wicks better than the mini
I guess the liquid to air does it

2 Likes

Hi there! I just found and then proceeded to read through this whole thread looking for some info. I’ve been debating getting an old school Nautilus (I need the large tank size) and am very curious about using it with the Triton MINI Clapton’s.@d_fabes did you ever end up trying out those Triton MINI’s in your Nautilus Mini? Are those Triton MINI coils compatible with the bigger Nautilus?

I just picked up 2 Joytech TRON-S they take the CLR-ONE coil easy 1.0 MTL hit very clean. You also can rebuild these coil I have not done that yet but the R on the CLR stands for rebuild-able.

Available at http://www.litecigusa.net/Joye-TRON-S-4ml-Tank-Cyan-p/joye-trons-tank-cyan.htm
for 11.95 $ on sale holds 4 mls of juice very very clean tank that has not leaked once and have been vaping on my two hard core for days and just changed the coils this morning because it was getting muted not because of burnt. WOW what a nice MTL hit off the 1.0 ohm coil as well.

3 Likes

Yes I did try them in the Nautilus Mini and they work. This means they will also work with the big Nautilus. Truth be told I wound up doing just the opposite of a Nautilus with Triton coil. I found that I liked the Triton Mini with the Nautilus coil much better. This wouldn’t help you with more capacity though…

2 Likes

Triton V2 is a mouth to lung tank. I liked it so much I bought the clone as back up from Fast tech for $9 and it just as good. Get the RDA also for $6 and your on your way. If your interested I can get the link to both.

1 Like

No, I haven’t tried anything except the Aspire BVC coils in my Nautilus Mini. I just received two of the Kabuki RBAs for it though, but haven’t had a chance to try a build on them yet. I decided I didn’t want to go the prebuilt coil route, on any of my tanks. I’m really hoping the RBAs work out because I really like the Mini.

1 Like

Thats great news, Amy. I love my Tron S. It’s my main tank. I ended up stocking up on them, and have five total. I think I have five or six packs of the CLR rebuildable coils. I’ve been using the same CLR coil now for five months, and it’s still working fine. I just rebuild it every few days.

My rebuilt coils come out at 1.6 to 1.7 ohms every time. That’s perfect for me. I wind the wire on a screw (spaced), put it in the CLR housing, thread some rayon through it, thread on the top cap, prime it, and it’s ready to go. I did have one leaking issue, after five months of every day use. It was an o ring that had worn out. I located a source for replacement o rings and they are $6 or $7 for 100 of them, if I remember correctly. Changing it was a breeze.

Hit me up for CLR tips, when you start using / building the coils for it. I’ll be more than happy to help!

1 Like

I would be interested in hearing how the RBA works out. I have been considering ordering them and get away from these Nautilus coils. I rarely get more than 5 days out of a Nautilus coil and THAT is getting tiresome…

1 Like

I’m anxious to try the RBA out, myself. I’m just waiting until it’s time to switch out the BVC that’s presently in the Mini. I figured that for the price of 2 packs of the BVC coils, I’d order 2 of the RBAs and take a gamble. I decided I wasn’t going to try and stock up on the BVC coils. As much as I like the Mini, trying to stock up for the long term is pointless. I have my fingers crossed that I can make the RBAs work at a satisfactory level.

I concentrated my efforts on 3 rebuildable tanks that work well for me presently. The Tron-S mentioned above, with the CLR coils, the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, and the Subtank Mini with the RBA. The Tron & the Kayfun are working really well for me. They both hit my MTL sweet spot. I recounted my CLR stock, and I have 9 packs. That’s 45 mini RBAs, the way I look at it…lol. Since I’ve been on the same one for 5 months, they should last longer than I will. I pick up a few packs here and there, when I saw them on sale.

The Kayfun was a little tight, air-wise, for me. So I drilled out the air tube on 4 of them, and it’s perfect now. I have 4 more that are still stock.

The STM is a little airy for me, even on the small air hole setting. I saw someone selling replacement air tubes for it, that were a smaller diameter, somewhere. I’ll have to find that vendor again, and get some, if the price isn’t too high. If I can’t get those, I’ll come up with some other solution to tighten it up. Even though the STM isn’t perfect on the draw for me, it’s such a workhorse, and I have some spare parts for it, I will make it work.

I told @Alisa I’d let her know how the Kabuki RBA’s worked out, in another thread, also. Hopefully I’ll have a verdict soon!

1 Like

So if I understand this correctly you guys are enjoying the Triton mini using the regular Nautilus coil verses the Triton coil with Clapton coils ? I will have to try it, I went the other way with it and it’s ok but never thought to swap it around. Kewl !

1 Like

Got it! Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: … Yes capacity is a big deal for me since I travel quite a bit and there’s times where I may need to go a few days without having to refill. I think I’m going to give the Nautilus with the Triton coils a shot. Out of curiosity, what did you find the Triton with Nautilus coils did better? (better performance in terms of no gurgling/spitting, longer life, better taste, better vapor?)

Yes I believe that’s what @ringling is up to. Either way, it’s damn nice that the coils have ended up interchangeable like this so we can pick and choose whatever works best for us :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey thanks for this, but the Triton V2 won’t work for me because of the 3ml capacity vs. the Nautilus’s 5ml… Other issue for me is that I’m currently traveling abroad so ordering from Fast Tech becomes an issue, takes a long time and I might be somewhere else by the time they can get me something. Really a bummer because I end up having to scrounge local online shops and the cost for everything goes up by at least double due to import duties etc. Sucks!

@d_fabes Gotcha… For the same reason I need bigger capacity, I also need to stick with prebuilt coils. I’ll give the Aspire BVC’s a shot alongside the Triton MINI Clapton’s, sounds pretty promising that I’ll find a winning combo in one of them…

REALLY, REALLY glad I found this thread as this info has been a huge help for me! Thanks everyone!!

2 Likes

Yes, please let me know as well. I truly like my Triton Mini but need something I can build that will last longer than 5 days. I did take advantage of the closeout sale of the Kanger Subtanks for $9.99. Bought 10 of them. I have learned to rebuild the stock coil and have been stockpiling used coils when I run across them. Now if only I can find a way to rebuild coils for the Triton Mini / Nautilus, I’d be set up for a long time to come…

1 Like

Yes, I found I get a little more battery life using the Nautilus coil. I also didn’t like that with the Triton coil even running it the slightest bit dry would fry the coil. The Triton clapton coil did a bit of spitting as well. That got old real fast. The Nautilus coil isn’t a lot better but at least it can take a couple of slight dry hits. For me this is essential since I often am too busy to notice I’m running out of juice…

1 Like

If you go this route I suggest the 1.2 ohm coil with a 2 battery mod. This coil has a little less spitting but drains battery power…

I’m hopeing we start seeing the 5ml bulging glass replacements for some of the other Aspire tanks like they made for the Cleito. That would boost the capacity on any stock Aspire tank…

2 Likes

The Kabuki has landed.

I am vaping on my first Nautilus Mini RBA build. Some things to report, for you & @Alisa.

Up for a challenge? LOL

Without a doubt, the tiniest deck I’ve ever built on. The screws are microscopic. From the time I took the RBA out of it’s USC bath, to priming it, and putting some juice in the tank was almost exactly one hour. There’s no instructions with the RBA. I found 2 youtube videos that give some half assed instructions, but they really don’t have step by step instructions. They show the vertical & horiz builds, but no clear details. I just had to figure it out, for the most part. It was actually fun, but I’m a mutant that way.

I chose the vertical option. 5 1/2 wraps of 30 kanthal, on a 2 mm screwdriver. 5 1/2 because the coil ends end up 180 degrees apart, pointing in opposite directions. I went with a spaced coil, just because, no real reason other than I had to pick something. It turned out to be a bulls eye. 1.6 ohms, right in my wheelhouse, for what I like.

I primed it, and added a little juice to the tank and screwed it together. The tank sealed to the base fine, no leaks (so far). I put in a single flavor tobacco (Hangsen Highway) because I’m very familiar with how it tastes.

I was very very impressed with how good the taste was. I actually couldn’t believe how well it was working.

I didn’t want to push it too hard, and after vaping on it for a bit, at low power (9 watts) I started to detect a hint of dry hit. Just a hint. Now, I was having a bit of difficulty, wicking it, with my usual rayon wick, on the vertical build. The rayon wanted to just slide between the coils. I decided to use cotton instead. I thought that might hold it’s ‘flat pad’ profile better, bending around the outside of the coil, and it did. That took care of one half. Getting another piece of cotton around the other half of the coil was more difficult. The negative leg was in the way. I decided to just stuff rayon on that side of the coil, to just have some wick back there. So, the wick is cotton on one side, and rayon on the other.

Being my first attempt, I really didn’t know how dense to make the ends that get tucked into the juice wells. I just cut off the wick, leaving it long enough to stuff it in it’s place, and took off. I think it needs less density in the wick ends. Maybe it’s stuffed in there a little tight. I’ve been letting it sit, as I type, and just taking an occasional hit off it, and that helps, so I think the wick just isn’t able to keep up, in it’s present config. That’s on me, but I needed to start somewhere. I’m sure it’s just a matter of finding the sweet spot for the wick.

Over all, I think this RBA has potential, to make the Nautilus & Mini use-able, going down the road. It’s just going to be a matter of experimenting with it, I think. I’m going to try a horiz build on it, next. I’ve never had much luck with vertical builds. The wicking always seems to be the hang up.

One thing I really like, is being able to pull the wick, and do a dry burn, to clean the coil. BIG plus in my book. You’re not trapping the wires behind a rubber / silicone insulator. They’re screwed down. In theory, I don’t see why a coil wouldn’t last quite a while.

It takes good eyes, or in my case, a good, magnified desk lamp, and some time, but it’s a very doable RBA. When it was first primed it had excellent flavor. I think it was very close to BVC flavor quality, in my opinion. I think it’s just a matter of experimenting and learning the preferred wicking method. I’m looking forward to the horiz & rayon combination.

All in all, I think it was a good $20 investment, for 2 of them. I think it may keep the Mini from being ‘retired’ due to coils being unavailable.

3 Likes

Yes, always the hard part, the wicking. Once you perfect your method be sure you pass it on. There’s no hurry, I know these things take time. Thanks for the update…

1 Like

It’s actually doing better now. Maybe the wick needed to get seated & broken in a little. No hints of dry hits now.

So far, so good.

1 Like