Mouth To Lung Tanks / RTA's, Damn it, I Want One

Yes I agree. I am definitely a mouth-to-lung vaper, and the Cthulhu v1 and the v2 are both excellent rebuildable tanks with very good flavor.

A round up of what I’m enjoying lately:
I have been enjoying a SMOK Baby Beast tank. I’m running it on Pico and it has the .4 ohm stock coil in it that has lasted several months so far. I got more .4 ohm replacement coils and an RBA deck for it, but I haven’t used them yet. Besides that, I like my Aromamizers,v1, a Goliath, a Zypherus, and some SMOK tanks like the G4 and RDTA (s). If I found some sales, I might buy another Baby Beast or more Cthulhu v2 tanks. I’m online today to buy more 18650 batteries, some silica wick and small square bottles. Recently I got 2 Council of Vapor “MiniVolt” mods because they do not have temp control, and I’m hoping that ‘simple’ is longer lasting. They are very tiny and have a longer battery life than the ‘Nugget’ mod. I really like my Wismec Precia and the Alien mod that both have large-print screens for which I do not need glasses to see.
I got some Walt’s Real Flavors concentrates a couple of weeks ago and I give them all a big 'THUMBS UP The Apple is better than any others I’ve tried including Fugi Apple.

But please tell me where to send your money, Dr.Santa. Wee, you sure how to please a lady :wink: :princess: I have no problems getting coils to it rather quick.

Bwahahaha…not only is Santa REALLY busy this time of year, but allow Santa to be Santa.
If we all start sending money to Santa how would that screw things up…and then all the elfs
would demand some handouts, eh?
Bollocks, just let it be.

[you have proven to be a sweetheart in this community, not weird, wacky, flaky, pushy, or menstrual, etc ]
And you bring knowledge along with your loveliness…please don’t try to change Santa…just leave him out
some goro’s, krumkake, seven sorts,…and some gjetost and fresh cream milk…just…

1 Like

Naaaw, that is SO sweet of you, @ozo thank you! Although my family most definetly will say I’m weird (and I guess I am, lol, I even enjoy being weird) For a while back my youngest son got a girlfriend and was happy to tell me that she had a weird mum too. :raising_hand:

I virtually send you all the seven sorts :cookie: and maybe even some rice porridge with sugar, butter and cinnamon waiting for you in the barn.

Merry Christmas, Ozo :christmas_tree: and thank you for your kind words.

1 Like

Yes. I think the reason it is believed that there are not that many MTL’ers out there is that that population is less likely, generally speaking, to become a vape hobbiest/forum member/squeaky wheel. Not in all cases, of course, but I believe in many. They just want something that will provide a substitute for smoking analogs and after initial education and purchasing of the appropriate device/liquids that fits their need they (we) quietly and happily go on our merry way.

3 Likes

I started with a justfog q16, but would destroy te coils in a couple of drags an went DL after that. But lately i have been leaning back to mtl for a couple of reasons. Mainly to save battery life (hate hauling around a big mod or extra 18650’s) and i don’t like throwing out big clouds (especially in public) because i find it obnoxious and not very good for vapers reputation.
So i tried a couple of things.
The endura t18 by innokin i didn’t like. The airflow was to restrictive for me and non adjustable. But the biggest problem was the taste, i found it very bland and switching took forever on those big coils.
The cubis pro with the lvc 1.5 claptons. I like this one beter for flavor and airflow and doesn’t look to shabby on my istick pico.
And yesterday the vaporesso drizzle kit came in. Lovely piece of kit. The thing is so tiny its almost funny, 10.3 cm in height (including drip tip) and 18mm across. The tank is removable but the drip tip is not 510, top adjustable airflow. I found the flavor on the ceramic coils to be outstanding. I will definitely order some more as they are great to take on outings and hell it may even replace the cubis on my pico, to bad there isn’t a 22 mm version.

1 Like

I wonder if the screws are stainless steel. If they’re not you could magnetise the screwdriver

Drilled a 1.3mm hole in my Digiflavor Siren 22 at the AFC closed position and it’s gorgeous! Closest draw to a loose/medium rollie with a filter yet (as opposed to a loose, medium, or tight roll). Can’t close off the AFC now, but why would I want to? It beats both the Bellus and Ubertoot UTA2 for flavour, which are both a bit too airy anyway, so the Siren is my now my ADV. Only one major problem - the flavour is so good I chain-vape even more than before on this recipe where I can actually taste all of the elements with this tank

The hunt for the perfect MTL tank for me has been a long and expensive hunt. I’m definitely a MTL vaper sometimes I like a good lung hit but MTL is life. I found my 2 RTA of choice and I’m ordering one per month till I have 5 of each. The Serpent Mini is excellent and let’s mention it takes you straight to Flavor Town. It has never leaked on me, easy to build but lacks the size I need… so I chose the Serpent Mini 25 it suffers from a little bit of flavor reduction compared to the original but the tradeoff for size is good enough for me. The second tank that is good with a tight MTL option and single coil is the Merlin. My #3 choice is good is the Goblin Mini V3 with the extension but it is #3 for a few reasons; the extension lessens my flavor below the flavor of the Serpent 25 and it’s taller but not wider. I prefer a fat short stumpy tank like me lol. :joy:

2 Likes

If you havent tried the Merlin Mini you are truly missing out. This thing does it ALL. The only con is juice capacity. You want big clouds and flavor? Use the dual coil deck. You want great flavor and use less juice? Use the single coil deck with open airflow. Now to the part thats on subject. It comes with 2 inserts for the airflow to restrict it down really tight. One insert has a 2mm airflow and the other insert is 1.5mm i believe (dont quote me on that!). Point is, its a fantastic mtl vape and the tank looks freakin nice on everything. Wicking is amazingly easy. You just trim your wicks and stuff em in the slots. If they just came out with an extension to make the tank bigger

1 Like

Oh i wanted to add that the Mi One from Smoking Vapor (yea stupid name i know!) is my next must have purchase. They did have them at efun.top for like $15 but its suddenly vanished from their site. Every review I’ve seen said its a great mtl device. Anyone know where to get one for a good deal?

The original Merlin is bigger but slimmer. Do you happen to know how they compare flavourwise?

Purged. Excessive forum moderation.

This was the tank that finally got me completely away from cigarettes. It looked funky as hell on the top of my Innokin VV3, but it was so much better than the 16D atomizer! I never liked the Aspire Nautilus though-everything I ran through it just tasted like cardboard to my tongue.

Surprised that the Billow V2 hasn’t been mentioned in this thread. I’ve been using my trusty Billow V2 for well over a year now, and it’s blown every other hyped 'flavor’tank I’ve tried. Merlin? The Billow blows it out of the water. Serpent Mini? No comparison. I get a great tasting open MTL/restrictive DTL draw from my Billow, and it’s almost like it was built for TC. I’ve been running simple 26 gauge 316L spaced coils and it’s the perfect vape for me! Ah-There’s the rub, though. Vaping is such a subjective arena. There’s no real “Best” other than what’s best for the user. That being said, if you’ve not tried the V2, give it a whirl. It just might surprise you.

Ive heard from other people that the merlin mini has a touch better flavor than its big brother, mostly because your mouth is closer to the coils. Im sure the vape is a little warmer too. You can literally look down the drip tip and see your coil/ coils right there. Ive had zero leaking, hardly any condensation, and the chimney is super conical so all the flavor goes right to your mouth hole. I can go on and on. I have a bunch of rta’s and the merlin mini is my go to. As stated above, everyone’s vape experience is different. Mine with this tank is heavenly

1 Like

Now available for preorder the Nautilus 2

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/tank-series/tank396.html

2 Likes

My latest MTL set up. Absolutely love this combo, flavour is on point and so easy to use.
The kayfun v3 mini with the EHpro 101 tube mod.
Fires down to 0.1 and fires up to 50w. Does tc in ni, ss and ti.
This is a great vape for mtl. Kayfun v5 looks good on it too.

9 Likes

That is one sweet looking setup…

2 Likes