Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

Tonight on Discovery … All 3 shows

https://youtu.be/hge2aLJj29o

2 Likes

Yeah I’m lookin forward to that, it’s on Friday night here :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I watched the first two episodes But tonight they will be playing all three episodes :+1:
Real Good Show

1 Like

Hey I’m rewatching newsroom too Love it, fast paced dialogue and bilt on real events. Great Stuff.

Last thing I watched was 1st 4 seasons of Bates Motel, That kid is seriously creepy, but compelling at the same time !
I’m always amazed how many British actors put on American accents and take lead roles … WTF is that all about ?

2 Likes

Yeah, it is actually quite amazing to me! Especially Andrew Lincoln from The Walking Dead…I did not know he was not an American, and then I heard him talk for real, it was amazing to me because I had no clue, he does the American accent extremely well! Oh and also Hugh Grant from House…These guys are good!

oops it’s Hugh Laurie… better watch it, you’ll draw the wrath of Dr. House :slight_smile: A good many of the walking Dead cast are British too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Jason Statham…exception to every rule I guess…

Oh wow…I can’t believe I made that typo…I knew it was Laurie and not Grant, I actually thought that is what I was typing, but I guess my fingers were thinking Grant…oops! My bad!

2 Likes

The one that I didn’t find out about till the last season was Charlie Hunnam who played Jax on Sons of Anarchy. I detected a weird sounding word here and there throughout the season but chalked it up to maybe some type of speech issue or whatever. When I found out he was British it wasn’t like oh yeah, now I see. It was more say whaaaat? :slight_smile:

You think it may be their work ethic? It’s something. Because I’ve enjoyed a good many British programs over the years and it’s not due to a superior script or production, it’s the acting. And speaking of British actors, I fell in love with Olivia Colman in Broadchurch. I see they have a season 3 coming out next year! :slight_smile:

Yeah I first saw him as a teenager in ‘Queer as folk’ , an English comedy/drama about the gay scene in Manchester…he played a very different part in that lol but it’s well worth a watch it’s really well written and very funny, along with Aiden Gillan (little finger GOT)

1 Like

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:472, topic:34768, full:true”]
You think it may be their work ethic? It’s something. Because I’ve enjoyed a good many British programs over the years and it’s not due to a superior script or production, it’s the acting.[/quote]
I Don’t know why I was never blown away by Andrew Lincoln’s American accent. Maybe because I knew him as Simon from Teachers or Felix from Human Traffic.
Though I knew Hugh Laurie as Bertie Wooster, Prince George and Lieutenant The Hon. George Colthurst St. Barleigh first I thought he totally NAILED House !

I think sometimes it’s imperfections that makes someone more perfect, sometimes polish takes away character.
I Started watching a series called the Returned, and about halfway through the first episode my GF said, naah, this is ok, but we need to watch the original, so I downloaded the whole of Les Revenants, the French original, and we watched it. The actors had the odd crooked tooth, some had frizzier hair, a mole here or there, perhaps a wonky nose and on the whole seemed more real in the French version. but in the American cast everyone was perfect … TOO perfect, children that had been taken to auditions all their lives, agents that had shaped and polished their charges, mums that had cosmetically enhanced their looks and shapes, and dads with perfect pecs. And somewhere along the way they lost sight of their character.

3 Likes

I’ve always loved Tyler Perry and his Madea movies. Looking forward to this one.

Day 5 was quite good.

An unexplainable epidemic has swept across the globe affecting every human being. People are frantically searching for answers because if you fall asleep… You die. How long can people stay awake?

1 Like

I will have to check that one out, sounds like something I would like :slight_smile:

1 Like

For an unheard of network, for me, and mostly no-name actors it was very good, i was hooked about 30 minutes in.

1 Like

Who’s planning to watch Timeless?

1 Like

Sometimes a Great Notion [Never give a inch]
Paul Newman Henry Fonda Lee Remick

This guy is!

1 Like

Westworld (HBO) is much better than i had anticipated, some really good actors/actresses doing what they do best.

I watched the first episode of Aftermath (SyFy). I did not find it enjoyable.

2 Likes

loved thst show

1 Like