Glazed Doughnut
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
French Vanilla
Juicy Lemon
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Sugar Cookie
Super Sweet

3 Likes

I just ordered apple snacks yesterday, can’t comment on that just yet. But capella was never a brand I jumped too, while I got lots of their flavors I mostly used other brands because cap never gets anything tasting like the description or label lol

However I do love that silver line, I don’t know what it is with that line but call me impressed. My absolute favorite are the fruit circles, don’t know if you tried them. Its apparently difficult to get fruit loops and pepples right, but while its not perfect, best pebbles I’ve ever worked with.

Hope the AS is that amazing as well.

4 Likes

yes i have tried the silverline fruit circles and like to mix it with FW fruit rings the fruit circles is the reason i was excited to see them come out with apple snax

2 Likes

Ditto on Cinnamon Danish Swirl! It’s the start or a standalone of any good pastry vape! It’s in my top ten of all time.

3 Likes

How would you compare the butter to FA’s? And, of course, I’m gonna ask the same about the Whipped Cream as soon as you have an opinion. Just as I’m getting situated as a newb FA pulls 2 important flavors from the US market. I’m just in the shit cycle lately!

1 Like

I just got the French Vanilla and haven’t single tested it yet. I’m a vanilla freak and have been looking forward to this one. Hope it’s as good as some people say.

1 Like

I would love a good cucumber (and a reasonable price). How do you like it?

1 Like

This is encouraging news. One because the price is reasonable and BCV carries it. Still praying for one stop shopping…never going to happen!

2 Likes

@muth - The FA Butter is spot on for a butter flavoring in any mix. It’s very strong, so you don’t need much at all. The Whipped Cream is really just a rich sweetener to in my opinion.

3 Likes

French Vanilla is an ice cream just like VBIC, but instead of a light commercial tub-like cheap ice cream, it’s more like a home made ice cream packed with a lot more vanilla flavor.
It can be heavy and overpowering if you’re not careful. Just like everything else, start on the low side and work your way up to find your sweet spot.

3 Likes

The only cucumber I have is FA. I do like this flavor and it’s really spot on cucumber. My favorite way to use it though is not so much for giving a cucumber taste, but rather to augment melon flavors as it tends to add that rind note so often missing. It also works in other fruit and/or beverage mixes by aiding the impression of moistness. Used in very low quantities (0.2 to 0.4) it will aid in juiciness to many fruit mixes - although I personally wouldn’t try it with citrus or really tart types of fruit, and certainly nothing tobacco, bakery, coffee etc. It may work nicely with some teas but I have not experimented there.

4 Likes

Seems to pair with lime though
http://www.ingredientpairings.com/?i=cucumber

I’ve got TPA’s cucumber, might just give it a try with FA’s lime. Cucumber is definitely a refreshing flavor, pairing very well with melons indeed, like they’re made for each other.
There are far too few recipes using it. I just recently got this flavor and I’m certainly going to try a few other brands as well. Very pleasantly surprised by it :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right…lime an cuke may go very well together. My personal thoughts when I typed that were of Orange, Lemon, Mango, etc. But if someone were to recommend a combination of them I probably would have to try it, I just can’t imagine it being very good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One of my old mixes that I haven’t made for quite sometime. I may just try a v2 now that I have Cucumber FA and MF…

2 Likes

That’s what I hear about FA Butter, too. What will you be doing when the US stock is off the shelves? Is it that worth it to you to ship from Italy or, IYO, is there a good substitute?

I agree wholeheartedly. Now however, I’m kind of bewildered because I just picked up Baker’s Touch from LB (sorry, I know this is a CAP thread…don’t shoot!) and to me this is a very alluring flavor. It may work as a single flavor, but I’m thinking it’s a wonderful foundation to build on for many a cake, pie, cookie, custard or ice cream. Of course that cinnamon note limits its versatility, but so far I’m intrigued.

Ahem…why am I just now trying this one. It’s not like I started DIY last week :slight_smile:

1 Like

I yet have to try it too, but I’m afraid lol. Cap cinnamon danish swirl has for me that extreme burning peppery cinnamon harshness at any percentage. Flv rich cinnamon isn’t better, so I’m looking at bakers touch, but nobody can tell me what the cinnamon intensity is. Or if its more of a sweeter cinnamon, like cinnamon sugar. I know its subjective, but its just like with spicy food, you could always say, its not as spicy or its mild etc. At least than I would dare getting it lol. Hope you enjoy it tho.

This is how I always used FA whipped cream, as a sweetener really low like .08-.17% but after reading @fidalgo_vapes reviews i now find it can add a nice mouthfeel and “non buytric” milkiness if you push it to 0.5%-0.75%. When i first started DIY i made a 250ml batch at 3% lol right? Well yes but actually no because after 3-4months that stuff was liquid gold! Lol

3 Likes

for me the cream whipped FA can be used so many ways in conjunction with a lot of things ,

.25 to .5 - sweetener , light sweet cream

.5 to 1 i get a thicker actual whipped cream , mixes well with heavier cream at this range

1 to 1.5. at this range i start to get a thick butter cream or lighter custard

i have taken it to 2 percent with cap sweet cream at .5 to 1 and it makes a nice ice cream no vanilla notes

imo /ime this flavor is so versatile im mixing it with FLV frosting to see how the two interact …

your description is perfect at that range

4 Likes

This combo comes cross like that filling inside twinkies.

5 Likes