N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

Hey !

Yea I went nic free as I usually do while it’s steeping.

As a mix I use it at 10% and it smells out of this world delish It could be bc I put all the labor into it or could be that it is sooo good we’ll see !

Here’s a peek of one I just made and will now steep this lil gem another month if I can keep my hands off it! 30 mls made

Amy's Zingerberry NET mix

Ingredient %
Amy's Zingerberry NET 10
Blueberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 2.25
Orange Citrus (Flavorah) 0.25
Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.75
Yumberry (SC) (Real Flavors) 1.8

Flavor total: 16.06%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Real Flavor SC are the raw extracts binder free,

5 Likes

Just curious? Have you mixed your tea extract as a stand alone flavor?

In my tobacco NET ventures, I have found that almost all of the extracts which I’ve made can be vaped and enjoyed as stand alone mixes. My wife enjoys many of my tobacco NET extracts sans other flavors; there are a couple she wants me to tout up with an RY4 style background note…she loves her caramel and nut tobacco combo.

Just wanted everyone to know I am still alive just been EXTREMLEY busy.

Thanks to @Kinnikinnick for getting me started in the world of N.E.T I have finally found a way to enjoy vaping once again.

Many of you already know I became so sensitive to PG that I ended up not being able to vape at all.

The combination of PG sensitivity and the death of 3 of the dearest people in my life in less than 2 months it was very easy to return to smoking and give up vaping altogether.

Over the last several months I have been thru a lot including a health scare of my own that landed me in the hospital. I am much better now and as promised my first post is going to be about my journey into N.E.T.

It all started with a very kind offer of some 100% VG BASE N.E.T. being sent to me by none other than @Kinnikinnick. Thank you so much my friend you saved me from full time smoking again.

Here is the equipment I invested in to get started.

After receiving the above items and seeing first hand how large to funnel was I then ordered this smaller funnel not realizing it had a permanent filter built in.

I will not bore you with my first few attempts ( it was a learning process for sure) but over the next day or 2 I will show you the latest try that I am filtering as I am posting this.

My first step in this run started on 9/28/16

16g of Wildhorse pipe tobacco

210g VG

Pictured after a good hard shaking and letting it settle for a couple hours.

This picture is at about 3 weeks

This is yesterday before starting the filtering.

All I did was added the tobacco and VG and let it sit in a cool dark place, no heat, no shaking. About once a week I would flip the jar over but nothing else. Started 9/28/16 and first filtering on 12/11/16

In the picture below you see the results after just letting it filter thru a regular coffee filter by gravity alone. I did not press or squeeze out the wet tobacco. Approximately 90ml of liquid.

I am off for now to finish the filtering and will post my final results for this run soon.

8 Likes

Wow I’m so glad to see you back @wvsanta I have missed you :grinning:

And Way cool of you @Kinnikinnick

7 Likes

Just a few more pics of the first filtering.

The reason I went after vacuum assisted filtering was I already had the large electric powered vacuum pump for working on automotive air conditioning systems.

So here is what I got out of the wet tobacco after gravity filtering thru a coffe filter for 24hrs.

Jar on the left is from gravity filtering only, approximately 90ml and on the right after squeezing the liquid from the tobacco approximately 40ml.

Squeezed by hand in the coffee filter

Fresh filter and vacuum applied to speed things up

Now I did it this way so I could tell if the liquid that just drained by gravity alone would produce a final liquid that does not gunk coils as bad. I am thinking that the act of forcing the liquid from the tobacco may possibly lead to more sever coil gunning no matter how fine a filter you run it thru.

Time will tell if this helped or not.

8 Likes

Glad I was finally able to find the time to get back on here. It is still very hectic but will try my best to pop in from time to time. Settling the Father-In-Laws estate has been and will be very time consuming. We are only about half way done so far.

4 Likes

Well God Bless you and your Family and I hope everything works out. :grinning:

5 Likes

Welcome back! Good to see you again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you are well @wvsanta and glad you are continuing down the NET road for your vaping pleasure.

Please do! I like to hear about folks endeavors in the NET realm. ; )

5 Likes

Nice to meet you. I too love a great net. I like your setup.

2 Likes

Meant for you. Sorry. Glad you are better.

4 Likes

Thanks @JoJo and @Kinnikinnick glad to be back really missed this place but for the near future anyway it will be in and out still very busy.

Glad to meet you as well @Skullblade789

I will post the last part with pictures of the final steps in filtering ASAP still need to sort thru the pics.

6 Likes

OK here is the second filtering. This is the first time I have used this funnel with the built in glass filter and it worked good in my opinion. Now is also the first time in this process that I used any heat at all. This was done only to thin the 100%VG solution to aid in filtering faster.

Start to finish for about 90ml was around 3 min.

Now on to the third filtering. This is using the large Buchner funnel and grade 103 slow filter paper. I also heated the solution just a little to thin it for faster filtering.

This is applying VG to the underside of the filter paper to get it to stick to the funnel

Filter paper applied to the funnel and the vacuum started.

Now as you can see below the vacuum pulls the center of the funnel down enough that the liquid pools in the center which allows it to filter thru the paper without leaking around the outside edge of the filter paper.

Start to finish time on this step was just about 5min. Below is what it looked like after both the 90ml and 40ml jars were done.

This was the best close-up pic I could get of the filter paper after I was done.

Here you see the finished product. The jar on the right is the almost 90ml that was allowed to past thru a coffee filter by gravity alone and no liquid pressed out of the tobacco itself. The one on the right is the almost 40ml that I pressed out of the tobacco.

I am still comparing the final results of the 2 methods but it sure seems to me that the extract that was squeezed out of the tobacco definitely gunks coils faster.

4 Likes

Way cool I like your set up where did you get your vacuum pump ?

1 Like

Did you find your NET flavorful as a stand alone vape?

Most all of mine need no touting up with other flavorings; saves a lot of time and guess work when mixing. 99% of the time it is 15% NET in the mix and I’m done.

1 Like

I purchased mine from a friend used many years ago but there are several models on ebay similar looking and not super expensive.

This should work fine for our use.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-Stage-1-4HP-3CFM-Rotary-Vane-Deep-Vacuum-Pump-HVAC-AC-Air-Tool-R134-R410a-/172409403777?hash=item282466b981:g:8Z8AAOSwNRdX9zTV

Yes I did and to me that is the true beauty of NET.

I like this cold extraction in 100% VG at 12%. I am vaping it now in my Kayfun V5 on my VT133 at 460f 24g SS316L 6 wrap spaced coil and this final mix is 100%VG no PG or PDO at all. I just open the juice flow to a full 3 turns instead of the recommended 2 turns. I can chain vape with no dry hits and I can leave it laying on it’s side or sitting upright overnight with no flooding issues.

This is my third extraction but the first time doing it without any heat before the final 2 filtering stages. I think this helps reduce the coil gunk factor as well as giving you a much smoother yet richer flavor if that makes sense. This is the closest vape to replicating the flavor and experience of actually smoking a real cigarette that I have ever had to date. As most of you already know I had recently returned to smoking but this has made quitting again VERY easy.

Thank you @Kinnikinnick for guiding me down this path in my vaping journey. Without your help I would have never tired a 100% VG NET.

5 Likes

Well, knowing your back story, you seemed like the perfect candidate for experiencing the joy of NET. For folks that love the flavor of tobacco, there’s nothing out there in a synthetic version which can match or exceed the flavor of NET.

Plus, it is extremely satisfying to know that you’re “off the grid”, so to speak, when it comes to creating your own tobacco mixes. I won’t say the possibilities are endless or limitless, but, I don’t see the sale of tobacco ending any time soon and there are scads of tobaccos out there from which to choose.

When you get a chance, you should get your hands on some Daughters & Ryan Picayune; very nice ADV; one which I return to on a regular basis due to the wonderful blend of burley, oriental, Virginia and perique combination of tobaccos.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/pipe-tobacco/72686/daughters-ryan-picayune-tin-bag-bulk/

4 Likes

Yes I have noticed that opening the juice flow up more does help A LOT on the Kayfun 5
I did 2 1/2 and I will try 3 … Good Share :+1: Wow better flavor at 3 full turns :smiley: air flow at 2 dots

1 Like

hi @Kinnikinnick
can you please assist me I have cigars but will take a picture of the make tonight I got them when I travel the Netherlands. I don’t know the exact amount I have added but think it was 2 chopped up Cigars and filled the jar to the cigars and a bit more. The base I used was PG.
I would like to know can you do a heat steep on them and if so will it also be on 150C or would it be less.
it has been steeped in the closet for about 1 month and what is the steeping time for them

1 Like

That maceration is just getting started. Cigars are much different than your other tobacco blends. They require a much longer steep time than anything else. A small amount of heat steep is good to initiate the process, but the cool closet steep will need to continue for a few months; yes… months. Four to six months would be the optimum time for a cigar. In the meantime, try your hand at a quicker steeping pipe tobacco or an RYO cigarette tobacco which can be purchased by the ounce. These are usually great with a little heat steep and a month in a cool dark closet.

4 Likes