Need help with a good ry4 d recipe

I’m using 18-12 nic % an I got liq barn 100% nic

Thanks for the info it she save me alot of money I just started mixing an I’m ordering tabacco after tabacco trying every one trying to copy my vape shops nic with no luck I think my flavor % r to high I was trying to make my over all flavor around 20% the vape stores mix is really sweet an has a heavy caramel candy taste I just can’t seem to match it

1 Like

Steep time is a must for Ry4d if you are looking to get a little of that burnt or dirty tobacco flavor! It takes 30 days to get that if indeed it is what you are looking for. Ry4d will give you some different profiles @ different%. Example, @2% with a dash of fa caramel I get something similar to Halo’s Tribeca, but @ 5% it will give me some burnt or dirty tobacco but only after 30 days. The highest I have used it is 7% but for me 5% is as high as I need to go with it.

1 Like

This is one of my favs. I steep it for two weeks. Its fantastic !!!

Candybeca

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.30
Cotton Candy (10% EM/Ethyl Maltol) (TPA) 0.50
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 1.50
RY4 Double (TPA) 10.00

Flavor total: 12.3%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

I always meant to ask, is this the same as RY4 (FA), because there are both RY4(FA) (2216) and RY4 Legend (FA) (34) in the flavor list. The one without Legend is used in a lot more recipes and you see both mentioned on a lot of different sites.
Yet I only see RY4 Legend for sale.

1 Like

I never could taste any caramel until I vaped my version of the following recipe. I pretty sure I’m cursed with poor taste buds.
See original:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/101809?
My version:
TFA RY4 Double 12%
TFA Graham Cracker 4%
TFA Acetyl Pyrazine 2%
TFA Caramel 2% –-------------was CA
TFA Brown Sugar 1%–------------- was TFA Cotton Candy 1%

5 Likes

Maybe 8% of the Ry4D, 2.5% of FW Caramel Candy, and 1.5% Sweetener might be close? FW Caramel Candy is a very sweet but delicious candy, and like mentioned earlier, most vendors load up on sweetener. Most mixes from vendors tend to be simple 2-3 flavor mixes for the most part.

I want to try Hangsen RY4 as I’ve heard good rumors on it. But I love TFA RY4D. Ry4 is the only flavor I would vape for my first year off the stinkies, and gets the credit for doing it. Very good choice!!! :slight_smile:

What’s important is to find a mix you like a lot, and it probably won’t taste exactly like what you have been buying. But sometimes it might even end up better, and definitely a lot cheaper.

4 Likes

You may be onto something here. I think I have some Hangsen RY4 in my stash. If so, I’m going to give that a try, and add some vanilla & caramel candy background notes to it, and see how it turns out.

Good idea!

2 Likes

I’ve been stuck on Wayne Walker’s “New Pistachio RY4” as an ADV for over a month now (it does require a couple week steep to achieve full flavor enhancement but is good after 48 hours. That recipe can be found here (it is awesome): https://diyordievaping.com/2016/03/04/the-new-pistachio-ry4u-recipe/

I finished my last couple ml’s of it yesterday and unfortunately am out of FW Butterscotch Ripple and found myself between flavoring orders (hate when that happens). So I decided to whack/hack at it with concentrates on hand. The result is good and may actually be a suitable ADV go to; the jury is out and I will decide in a couple weeks after steeping. It is however fulfilling my craving at the moment after an overnight rest. You might want to cut back on the vanilla’s (slightly) and sweetener by a touch if you are against utilizing them. I’m a big fan of vanilla and RY4 together hence the addition of Shisha Vanilla; it is not definitely necessary. Here is what I came up with, mixed at 70/30 vg/pg …and at 3.5mg/ml:

TPA Brown Sugar 1%, FW Butterscotch Natural .75%, TPA (DX) Caramel Original 1.5%, TPA Pistachio 2%, TPA RY4 Double 3%, Sucralose (10%) .5%, CAP Sugar Cookie 4%, INW Vanilla Shisha 1%, TPA Vanilla Swirl 2%

1 Like

I’ll have to give it a try I just started mixing it seems like my mix’s either come out with a chemical taste or I can’t really taste anything my ry4 don’t really taste like tabacco at all I went from 10 up 15% just to see how it tastes alone I got desert ship an Virginia an they taste really peppery I just want to come up with a nice EDV I’m wasted a ton of juice just dumping them out I’m using an Nautilus 2 tank don’t know if that has anything to do with it I have about 15 bottles Of all dif flavors steeping I guess only time will tell

2 Likes

I went through a couple tough months chasing flavor. Most juices were horrible to me, or I couldn’t taste anything after a few hits. Or I would like something for a few hours then, never want to taste it again.
I ended up being happy enough with desert ship at 4% mixed with vape wizard at 1%. I eventually added fa ry4 at 1%. And fa Fuji apple at 1%.
YMMV.
That’s with 60vg/40pg and sub ohm tanks. What % are you mixing desert ship at? It can get real spicy if you mix it to strong.

1 Like

I tried d ship at three % just thought it was peppery I just can’t find a tabacco I like iv got joy ,555, cowboy,Maxx blend ,Soho, Western on the way I guess I’ll give them a try I just thought after everything I read on ry4 d it would be better I can’t really taste any tabacco in it it just tastes mute after a day or to an I don’t think I can get vape tongue that fast

1 Like

You have my curiosity piqued. Who’s Desert Ship are you using, that tastes peppery? I’ve been using Hangsen DS for a couple of years, and it’s one of the smoothest, most mild mannered, and easiest to mix with, tobaccos I use. I’ve always found it very forgiving with percentages, in a mix.

It’s the only DS I’ve ever used, so I’m not familiar with others.

Thanks

1 Like

It’s flavor art ds

1 Like

The notes in the flavor list seem to be all over the map. It sounds like a potent flavoring. A few people mentioned spicy. Wonder if that’s your peppery taste.

1 Like

I mixed my free sample of Nude nic up to 12% and that was peppery!!! (i know now your not supposed to do that with certain nic and nothing against nude for that, I’m sure it was exactly like it’s supposed to be)

It had a really close taste… like black pepper.

2 Likes

Check out this one, the flavoring needs are minimal, I am a direct lung hitter and I use 40w+ on my subtank mini @ 0.5 ohm.

So I can’t do too much flavorings. This recipe I made is like a vanilla cigar or something, the taste is the same as the smell of those vanilla cigars. But everything is a personal preference, I really liked this one! And it’s way cheap :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi. You can try http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1415693/Goofy's%20Juice

5 Likes

:open_mouth: I presume you meant 12mg/ml. 12% is enough to put you in hospital (or worse…) if I’m not mistaken :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, 1.2 % nicotine or 12mg

1 Like