NEW 2024 Flavor Art Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

@Ken_O_Where I hate to ask, but someone already entered this one into the db, but it’s all lowercase, and my OCD won’t let me NOT ask. Any way to capitalize the B, and R in this one >> ?? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At least they spelled it correctly

3 Likes

@Pastorfuzz LOL, because I DID think that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grape Juicy (Flavor Art) 2.5% (8-4-24) – First thought was, “Wow, this is a GREAT grape”. Full stop. At first I felt like it was more of a green, but as the test continued, I did seem to get some purple grape in there. Not a concord though. To my tastes, it was 2/3’rds green grape, and 1/3rd purple grape for a comparison. Not candied in any way, and I think, maybe the MOST natural tasting grape I have ever tried. I didn’t get a lot of skin, but it was like Flavor Art peeled two green, and one purple grape, and pureed them up, and threw them in the bottle. No seeds or stems though LOL. It was also plenty JUICY. Very realistic, bordering on hyper realistic, and no off-notes to be found. Sweetness was just at mid-level sweet, and it finished with a light, crisp tartness that really helped sell it’s authenticity.

Now because I didn’t get a FULL on Concord Purple, it might not be your first choice for a PB&J, but you could surely use it, and for almost about any other natural grape use. Clean, accurate, natural, and yes, juicy. Very hard to put down. Very full at 2.5%, and I couldn’t find a single complaint or improvement. Because it straddled both a green and purple, it could be used across even more mixes. About the only thing keeping it from perfect, would be a hint of skin, but even that, was a matter of opinion. 9.9/10.

8 Likes

Gonna try to afford these or at least the flavors down my alley. Really sad how inflated FA is but they make some good flavors, sometimes. Probably get all the fruity ones and that frappe intrigues me

3 Likes

@DanielTheVapeMan, so far, only the Black Soul has bombed for me. I’m testing the Killa Vanilla right now, so we’ll see about that one.

Lychees always seem to miss and that one i was curious on its potential. Not surprised by soapy notes. Curious if id perceive those as floral but not curious enough to finacially risk it lol

2 Likes

I really can’t believe it, figured out the other day most of my ice cream and frostings are nearly gone not to be had again.

2 Likes

Ehhhh, grab a 10ml and see what YOU think. I’d be curious to hear @muth.

2 Likes

@marsh8 I’m hoping that is a temporary situation.

2 Likes

Isnt their 10mls around $4-5? Not worth of the risk to me lol

2 Likes

I think they’re 2.95 at BCF, will have to check what Nomz is.

1 Like

Wait these alllll are coming to bcf? I assumed only like 2 lol

1 Like

Hehe, well that’s up to you. I’m dropping the reviews as fast as I can, so maybe that will help you out.

1 Like

I asked @BullCityFlavors which ones they would be carrying, and it wasn’t set in stone yet. Maybe @wllmc has an update ?

2 Likes

Thx @SessionDrummer I just never cared for the BR flavors in anything whether it be beverages, candy, flavorings, but I may try this one.

2 Likes

@muth I’ve used BRB’s in mixes, but like you, I don’t personally care for them. Some people love’m though. Because of that, is why the FA one was a VERY interestingly NEW(er) approach to the profile.

1 Like

Who is able to order flavors in your country? Do you have to be a corporate food and beverage company? I have an Italian shop down the street that sells flavor concentrates. They told me that their customers buy them for their beverage concoctions. You mean to tell me that you can’t even have something like that? What if you are a soap and massage oil maker, candy maker, for instance. Where would you purchase your aromas? How does this ban work (or not work) anyhow?

2 Likes

I could see making a cotton candy with that flavor maybe.

2 Likes

oops wrong threat!

2 Likes