NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Richard wouldn’t know. Lynda, NN are just a shop. They buy canisters of flavors and they re-bottle them and sell them under their own name (i seriously doubt that a parent company would grant shops their recipes of flavors so they could mix by themselves).

Flavors named NomNomz SuperCharged are rebranded flavors of some mature French company (that is not some new company that makes them; so ofc it makes sense they make European versions of things since they are selling to European markets for years, maybe decades.

It would be absurd if a French company would be naming their culinary products to suit other markets and confuse domestic market by doing that; French are too proud on their culinary). You were perfectly right about what Irish Coffee is in a show; Irish whiskey, coffee and cream (no, there is no Kahlua in there in any Irish Coffee anywhere in Europe - why would be a coffee with a Mexican liqueur called Irish Coffee then? And no, there’s no Irish Cream in Irish Coffee either).

Before the most recent Nomnomz SC line, the shop was re-bottling CCW and some other company and selling those under their own name as Nomnomz Treatz, plus they also had several lines of oneshots from other manufacturers using their own name NN.

5 Likes

Thank you for that information. I just thought he might know what the brownie flavor is actually meant to be, chocolate brownie or blonde. I love a good Irish coffee. They even just taste better in Ireland :four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Sweet Lime (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-1-24)Cold Pressed, or Distilled, I have no clue, BUT, it tasted pretty limey to me. It was not the strongest Lime I’ve tried, or at least a 1.5%, and it felt like it might have needed about 25% more “oomph”. It was sweetened, but not in an overpowering way, and it landed at about mid-level sweet. Depending if you wanted/needed more sweetener in your mix(es) may, or may not include/exclude this one because of that. As far as the actual lime to sweet ratio, I might put it as high as 55% Lime / 45% sweet to better explain it. What was interesting was the sweetness offset any tart or sour to it, which left it as a rather “smooth” or “not sharp” lime, which again might, or might not be what you were looking for, depending. Taste wise, it was accurate, and fairly natural, and there were no off-notes, but I have to admit to missing some of the mouth pucking tart-ed-ness that limes can often times bring. Even with da sweetz, I could see tons of tea, drink, even desert uses for this one. All in, it simply tasted like 75%-80% of the way there, and I decided to leave it squarely at a 7.5/10. Very tasty, just slightly subdued by some of the sweet.

12 Likes

Sounds good I may need to try that one.

2 Likes

Lemon Meringue Pie (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-1-24) – This one smelled great in the bottle, and couldn’t wait to test it. Out of the gate, it had all of the big 3, crust, lemon, and meringue. The crust was fairly present, accurate, and good. The meringue tasted below the crust and lemon in the mix, and while nowhere near dominant, managed to somehow stay alive in the mix. The lemon seemed to really accurately portray the lemon filling. Now I wish it had just a bit more “punch”, but trying to keep lemons punching has always proven difficult to say the least. As a whole, no mistaking it was a LMP, and the ratios were well done with just enough of each. Sweetness was a tick or two above mid-level, and that worked here. No off-notes, or anything out of place. As I worked through the 3 testers (as I often do), I kept thinking, “What would I add”. I might add a smidge of INW Biscuit, and just a touch of a bright Lemon to add some punch, and a little more “bite”, as overall it was a smooth flavor overall, and a little “zing” would help it pop a little. As a whole it worked, and was better than many LMP’s out there, with no real complaints, but only two minor “might adds” for my own tastes. Leaving this one higher, and finally settled on a 9.0/10.

13 Likes

Toffee (Butter) (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-2-24) – Right out of the gate, there was no confusing this for anything other than a Toffee. Buttery, sweet, and much darker than a caramel, which was exactly what a Toffee cooked to the higher temp “Hard Crack” stage should taste like. I got hints of butter, but much more of the buttery smoothness. Obviously not as creamy as a caramel, but it still had a creamy-ness to it. Continuing to test this one, just revealed even more buttery-ness, and rich darker notes. I didn’t get any overt chocolate or nuts, but that was a NON issue because this one was that tasty, AND, a blank slate, if you wanted either of the two. As far as off-notes, there were none, and it was just a tick above mid-level sweet. VERY hard to put down. Overall, it covered a fairly full spectrum of Toffees with some light, more mid-dark, and even more DARK-dark notes. At times I thought I caught a hint of burnt in the darkness, and instead of that being a negative, it just worked to sell it’s authenticity even more. If you like Toffee, you will like this one. At the end of the third tester, I was convinced, it was perfect as is, with no choco or nuts, and was easily be run as a solo. Just short of perfect IMO, and leaving it at a sky high 9.9/10.

14 Likes

As always, I don’t read other reviews before I at least get MY thoughts down. I looked at the OG Chefs Butter Toffee, and Sascha nailed it, and I wish I’d thought of this comparison …

Sascha Alexandra Oh my god. How is this not in everyone’s stash? It is so good. It’s like the skor bar without the chocolate. 1 2 3 4 5

3 Likes

Whatttttt ! Screw you SD. Toffee butter gets a 10. A fking 10. Id give it a 20 if i could. 9.9 my ass lol

Now go make my butter toffee recipe. Its delish

6 Likes

Nomz toffee candy is the skor bar. Butter toffee is the rich buttery toffee chewy candy or werthers type hard candy. So spot on and sweet delicious

4 Likes

You have no idea how happy I was when you first mentioned recently that I could still get my Toffee Butter. I was down to my last drops from my first bottle I bought about 3 years ago. Then Chef’s closed. Got myself really stocked back up on this one. So glad you like it as well! :star_struck:

4 Likes

I think its my fav flavor ever. Its that good

5 Likes

Hehe, I know, I know. I’m trying to NOT overuse the Kraken. I could have already thrice I think. Trying to keep my powder dry. BUT, … 0.1 off ??

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, hehe, that’s going on the, “Wait, you guys only sell 30ml bottles” ?? !!! list.

3 Likes

3 Likes

The toffee candy is also very good

2 Likes

Did you publish your butter toffee recipe? I have the toffee and want to try it😁

2 Likes

I have it on atf but ill copy it to elr

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing!:facepunch:

3 Likes

Here you go.Its def one of my fav recipes iv ever made

5 Likes

Sounds delish, just missing the butter raw damn🥲

2 Likes