NEW NomNomz Super Concentrates (Super Charged) Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Ooooooooh.

ROAR !!!

4 Likes

Vanilla Cupcake (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-5-24) – Trying to explain or define a “cupcake” is quite hard, and I’m sure making one is equally hard. This one had a great vanilla overtone with SOME cupcake-y undertones. It was def. not cake-y, and much more cupcake-y. No baking soda notes, or frosting that I could pick up on, but it was still tatsty. While somewhat creamy, it was not a vanilla cream, and if the “cupcake” could have been a bit higher, I think it would have worked a little better. Sweetness was about mid-level, and no off-notes, baby powder or otherwise (long story) present. Maybe increasing it a bit might help, but I suspect as far as the cupcake, it was, where it was. Very tasty, and not off-target, and the somewhat softened vanilla was damned good, just not 100% sold on the (you guessed it), cupcake. At times, I got light almost “batter” notes, which I think helped it out a bit. No “bakery” notes, which worked, as that would have pulled it into a cake instead. Good, tasty, vanilla-y, just needed a little more cupcake-ry. Leaving this tasty one at a 7.5/10.

12 Likes

Got it …I have only cracked open 2 that i alresdy have , I bought this bc i like caps Sweet Currant but it never wowed me.

3 Likes

Im curious…When you test Cupcakes what are you looking for to say Yep its a cupcake? Is it frosting or something else that makes it different from a cake flavor? I think of cupcake as i do a cake , i cant get it out of my head that they are just smaller cakes

7 Likes

I’ll be very curious to hear what you think of that RC. It ticked ALL the boxes for me.

5 Likes

That’s a tough one to explain. Ultimately, to a large degree, they ARE just smaller cakes. Yeah, sometimes it can just be, “Yeah, that’s a cupcake”, but it’s like if you compared this one, or maybe TPA’s VC, to say FW Yellow Cake, there’s a certain amount of "bakery’ if you will, that is in the cake, that’s absent in the cupcakes. More grainy texture(s) in cakes than cupcakes. Maybe you could even say to my tastes (maybe not everyone’s), cupcakes have more of a battery smoothness to them if that makes sense.

4 Likes

Pineapple (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-6-24) – This one smelled great, and tasted great. A bright, juicy, yellow pineapple. It tasted fairly sweet, at about mid-level with no “candied” notes, and overall it tasted like a 50/50 mix of a fresh sliced pineapple, and a slightly baked pineapple. It was not browned, singed, or sauteed but just baked. Now at 1.5% it wasn’t an “in your face” flavor. The initial on-rush was quite intense, but it fell off somewhat quickly. I tried increasing it slowly to see it it would “bloom” a little more, but it stayed fairly consistent until I pushed it too high into muting. The muting was entirely expected, as it was doubled at that point. 1.5% seemed to be the sweet spot. No off-notes, no florals, and at about mid-level sweet. The somewhat noticeable fall off appears to be “baked in” as it were. I would have rated much higher it it had stayed consistent all the way through. Now, even with all of that said, it WAS a juicy, flavorful pineapple, that could be used a lot, but lacked some of the brighter “punch” that might be required. It’s probable that the “baked”-ed-ness might have been responsible. All in, a tasty, juicy one, but might need a little boosting. What I did get, was too flavorful to down-rate too much, and I decided on a 7.0/10. Good, just not the star of the show.

12 Likes

So with another Pineapple sounds like this may be pretty good for bakery type recipes ???

4 Likes

Yes, I think as is, it works, or would work better in bakery type mixes. If you needed more brightness, or punch, maybe adding another would help expand it’s uses.

3 Likes

I really liked this one! I got mainly a fresh authentic juicy pineapple, no “baked” but was a little drying on my pallet after.

6 Likes

Pinapples like right off the tree lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Lynda_Marie that was the interesting part.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: I died a little :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Why are you amused? Is it because pineapples grow on the ground?

4 Likes

Apparently pineapples don’t grow on trees, like I thought. I said it Monday night during the stream and people got a kick out of me thinking they grew on trees…who knew :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

I had a picture in my head of a tropical palm like tree that dropped sharp pinapples on peoples heads instead of coconuts. Beware of the deadly pinapple tree

3 Likes

I actually have two pineapple plants on my patio. They are little so it will take awhile to get a full grown pineapple.
IMG_0891

7 Likes

Raspberry Custard (SC) (Nomz) 1.5% (3-7-24) – With this being one of my favorite profiles, I was anxious to dive into it. As always, your definitions of Custards or Puddings may vary. This one plain worked for my tastes, BUT, yours might be different, so READ on. The Raspberry notes were on point, and were very evenly paired with the Custard making it hard to pick it out completely, but it still had some sharp punchy notes helping it shine through. It also had some light jammie-ness, which also helped it to stand out a little. The Custard was much more like an American Pudding, as some of the heavier, egg-ier notes were absent. They were there, just not in a heavy handed fashiot, so if you need the Eggy-iest of eggy custards, this may not be Custardy enough. The “custard” (pudding) was sweet, creamy, and smooth, with some great Vanilla accents, which favored a Madagascar.

The pairing of the two was very nicely done, leaving them both playing center stage. Beyond that great taste, and perfect ratios, the interesting thing was the Custard, and Raspberries stayed seperated enough that they did seem like two different elements, as opposed to a blurry mashup if the two, if that makes sense. The reason why I think this flavor (and other’s like it) are so valuable is that they can easily be push/pulled into YOUR favorite profile. Need more RB, add it, need mo egg, add it. I suspect there are going to be a LOT of people, who might just solo this silly as is. Plenty full at 1.5%, sweetness was at mid-level, and I had NO complaints, issues, or off-notes. I literally bled the third tester dry, before finally giving up, and writing this. A very good RB Custard that ticks most of the boxes, and can easily be tailored to any specific needs. Not perfect, but MAN, it was close. 9.8/10.

12 Likes

Since FA Whiskey seems to be no more, I was wondering if you could make a comparison (the whiskey only) with Nomz and FA? I have to have a good whiskey in my stash.

4 Likes

There are many on here I must try. Red Currant is tempting.

2 Likes