New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

this started off as a recipe for my Queen “Yams for the Queen” when she asked for a recipe for the yams we have during holiday season. when i made a bottle for myself, i added the cardamom and thought it added a little character to the mix. this is a very simple recipe and can be made with or without the cardamom…
the vape trail from this mix is pretty convincing: there must be someone downstairs cooking holiday yams!

Yams for the King 30/3

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 1
Cardamom 10% 2
Maple Syrup (FA) 1
Nut Mix (FA) 1
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA) 2
Yam (TPA) 6

Flavor total: 13%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

Sounds tasty! I would recommend a few ingredients to use for variations.

Walnut
Toasted Almond
Pineapple
Pie crust/cookie/biscuit (as in those little souffle cups…maybe even graham)
Cinnamon (light!)
Apple Pie

Dude you have me thinking!

1 Like

Good stuff, brother!

Up yer butty

Ingredient %
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 4
Butterscotch (TPA) 8
Caramel (TPA) 2
Sweet Cream (TPA) 2
Vanilla Custard (TPA) 5

Flavor total: 21%

Before I even began mixing, I knew I was going to have a stab at something similar to Claim your throne - but I also knew I wanted it to be sweeter, and have a more caramel edge. CYT has brown sugar in the mix afaik, and the butterscotch is a little weak. I’m liking this one, if you have ever had wether’s original candy? this tastes very like that. A warm, creamy butterscotch with a caramel after taste :slight_smile: I’m happy with it thus far anyway, I think it’ll age well too. I might even ramp the butterscotch and caramel a little next time.

2 Likes

Just trying some cappuccino flavors with what I have left. Open to possible improvements on this! Let it steep for about a week and the cappuccino taste is quite pleasant.

Cinnamon Cappuccino
7% Cappuccino (CAP)
4% Cinnamon Danish Swirl (CAP)
3% Sweet Cream (CAP)
3% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (FW)

Flavor total: 17%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/3TWr

Did not post here in a while been sick all of last week couldn’t taste anything. If you have a cold and you face feels like a clogged drain try this its pretty strong but after 2-3 days it mellows down and works entirely better than cough drops!!

Ohm’s Fisherman Friend

3% 10% Menthol
1.5% Anise (FA)
5% Cool Mint (CAP)
3% Creamy Yogurt (CAP)
1.5% Honey (FA)
2% Juicy Lemon (CAP)
3% Sweet Cream (TPA)
1.5% Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA)

Flavor total: 20.5%

Notes

I don’t think this is for everyone, but it’s good for me. I’ve been working on this for about 4 months. I finally got to something good. Much better than my earlier versions.

Sweet Nutty Honey Caramel.

If you want a lighter version try adding Butter Cream or a Sweet Cream. I overloaded my earlier versions , so I dropped some flavors and lowered some %s. I’m happy with this now.

Steep a minimum of 1 month. It take time for the honey to turn from cat piss to sweet. No shortcuts here. I think it will get even better with further steeping.

Bit-O-Honey v3 Gmix

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 1.5
Caramel (Original) (TPA) 4
Honey (INAWERA) 0.25
Nut Mix (FA) 0.75
Peanut Butter (Flavorah) 2
Torrone (FA) 2

Flavor total: 10.5%

3 Likes

Looks good. I’m one of the few that really loved that candy as a kid.

2 Likes

Me too… It is one of my favorites. The nut blend in this recipe is awesome. I think with a bit of tweaking you can get several nutty candy bar recipes from this mix.

Do you think FA caramel would work instead of TPA? I also have Capella’s or Flavorwest

Caramel is one of the main notes in this recipe. I’m really not sure which one to recommend. I have Cap and FA, but I prefer TPA. Use whichever is your favorite at about 3/4 single flavor strength. Don’t make a lot until you see how you like tho.

Well I made 20ml with 1.75% FA caramel now to wait lol.

1 Like

Long gone day

Ingredient %
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 3
Greek Yogurt (TPA) 7
Peaches and Cream (CAP) 4
Tropical Mango (Molinberry) 4
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 21%

This turned out a lot better than I expected. It’s really moreish. And I’m not a big peach juice fan in general. It was my partner requested a peach ice cream, which I made for her [with more peach and VBIC, no cheesecake and less Mango with a hint of strawberry], and decided to try a yogurt version. Happy with that :slight_smile:

I just ordered nic from nicotine river it’s been good so far. I got the cheaper nic I couldn’t pay $300 a gallon for the best they have,

Here is a dandy. This tastes pretty darn good for just tossing it together.

Walnut Pie

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5
Butter Cream (CAP) 1.5
Caramel (Flavorah) 1.75
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.75
Maple Syrup (FA) 1
Pie Crust (TPA) 2.5
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 2.5
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA) 2
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 2
Walnut (FA) 2.5

Flavor total: 18%

1 Like

Here is a variation on the poptart recipe I made a while back:

PopTart Blueberry

Blueberry Extra (TPA) 3%
Blueberry FW 3%
Cookie (FA) .8%
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2.5%
Custard (FA) 2.5%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) .8%
Meringue (FA) 1.5%
Sweetener 2%
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.5%

Give this a month to steep. Or, if you have a different Almond you want to sub for the MF - steep time would be more or less dependent on that flavor. I say a month due to the MF Almond, otherwise it would really be more a SNV. This is some good stuff.

Bach Luvah (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Almond (MF) 0.7
Biscuit (INAWERA) 2
Butter (CAP) 0.7
Cinnamon Roll (FW) 2.5
Honey Bee (Flavorah) 0.25
Marshmallow (TPA) 2
Marzipan (FA) 1
Nut Mix (FA) 2

Flavor total: 11.15%

6 Likes

That looks great. Are you finding that Honey Bee to be some wicked strong stuff too? I have some recipes I made to test it when I first started using it and I was at 1%. Oh my lol.

Be ye not deceived…Honey Bee is very strong. Now in my recipe above it could actually use a tad more. Maybe 0.4 or so. Baklava is pretty rich with honey so there’s room to make it more honey-er :slight_smile:

Also I want to say that the recipe above is kind of a WIP. I want to try and nail the essence of Baklava, although there’s a texture thing that will never be replicated in liquid form. So while this doesn’t necessarily taste a lot like Baklava (hence the spelling) it’s still a damn good juice. I’m wondering…does anyone make a good Croissant flavoring? That might work better for the pastry portion. Certainly nothing doughy or even bready…not a pie crust or cake. I’m on the hunt.

More to come.

2 Likes

I am not sure how you would replicate a croissant flavor. Maybe TPA Rice Crunchies would be a start? Try that with Joy maybe. Just taking stabs at something here. Croissant is such a light flavor, and another one of those breads that is more texture than flavor. One thing I do that may sound silly is if a texture is getting in the way of flavor, eliminate the texture. So if you smash a croissant down until it is a flat bread and taste it you will have a better idea of the flavor. Sounds silly I know. But hey, it works for me.