New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

Disregard if you already knew this, and call me the Flavor Stash Nazi, but I can’t see that list and not say something. The recipe looks nothing short of amazing, but half your flavors are named incorrectly. People will be able to find your recipes better and you’ll be able to take full advantage of the site’s search functions (what can I make and search by flavor stash) if you make sure your flavors are all named as Flavor Name (Company/Abbreviation). Like Greek Yogurt (TPA). When you add a flavor to your stash, make sure you start with the flavor name and then pick the one thats formatted right and has the most recipes (green number).

6 Likes

Attracted to all the fractional %s Looks like some work went into this one! Appreciating the control on the sugar and AP …adding a couple flavors to my wishlist (Kettle Corn/Brown Sugar) Thanks!

1 Like

Ok I will incorporate this rule, I never even thought of it, thanks…

2 Likes

@JoJo JoJo some of the flavors that have the most recipes have the company/abbreviation at the front and some have at the back. I’m guessing you mean for me to pick flavor with the most recipes right?

1 Like

@JoJo he is correct. I just posted a recipe and the top popular flavor choices some have the Vendor first.

1 Like

Technically they should (and eventually will) all be Flavor Name (Company). As @daath works his way through the duplicates they should get merged. The “correct” way to do it is name first, then company. More people means more adding them the ‘wrong’ way I guess. Oh well. C’est la vie! :stuck_out_tongue:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/dupecheck if you wanna help out. :wink:

4 Likes

I wondered about the different selections, I just picked one and moved on never even thinking another thought about it as my only concern was to record my recipe. Also, it did not occur to me that selecting the right one was important for others who use the “what can I make” tool and I myself have never even used it.

I have noted that if I end up adding a new flavor, although rare, I will be sure to put flavor first and then company/abbreviation.

2 Likes

Uh this needs to be a thread @JoJo we could all help as we list recipes and see a flipped “Most Popular” …whittle it down over time. You see newbs (raising hand) posting about this daily and it sounds too daunting for one/two people. We could at least be targeting the major offenders

5 Likes

There is a thread, but it’s probably at the bottom of the beginners thread somewhere…

6 Likes

Something i am working on that isnt quite finished yet, this is the 6th version:

Royal Strawberry Blizzard

Ingredient %
Cheesecake (LA) 1
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.5
Strawberry (MF) 0.25
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 4
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 1.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 1.5
Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) 6

Flavor total: 14.75%

Based off of the Royal Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard at Dairy Queen, sans the cheesecake. Small bit of plain Cheesecake (LA) for mouthfeel, doesnt add flavor.

8 Likes

My latest concoction. Just got torrone, so will be interesting to see how it develops, but initial flavor testing seems promising. Light, fluffy, lemony, sweet thus far, the torrone adding a hint of nougat in the backdrop.

Sticky Sicilian

Ingredient %
Brown Sugar (TPA) 0.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Lemon Sicily (FA) 3.5
Meringue (FA) 2
Nonna's Cake (FA) 2
Torrone (FA) 1.5
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.5

Flavor total: 12%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

Notes
Made 5-4-16

Test 6-16-16
It really reminds me of a slightly sour melon bubblegum with just a little sweet to it. The melons are pretty much balanced with lemon and citrus hints peeking through. You would think anise @ 1.2% would be very prominent in this mix, but is not. It’s creating the bubblegum/candy effect I’m getting… anise also adds a little sweetness.
Overall, I’m really enjoying this mix and it’s definitely ADV worthy.

Steep 30 days… use no heat.

Sweet n Sour Melons Gmix

Ingredient %
Anise (FA) 1.2
Cantaloupe (MF) 0.8
Honeydew Melon (MF) 0.8
Lemon (MF) 0.5
Pink Guava (Flavorah) 0.7
Pyure 0.5
Sour Wizard (FA) 0.5
Watermelon (MF) 0.7

Flavor total: 5.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

Here is one I am buttoning up,

4 Likes

Dang @Beaufort_Batches I’m braintasting this one …impressive …adding a couple flavors to the Wishlist …which I’m pretty sure the CEO of BullCity is waiting to go in my cart so he can take that Hawaiian vacation

3 Likes

Well thanks @BoDarc, over the past several months my business had my hands tied a lot and I got my straps tightened up this spring so more lab time. I’ve got a few more going and I have another Blackberry Raspberry recipe ready and it’s a perfect summer vape , I tested it a little while ago,

2 Likes

@BoDarc, this one may interest you as well and although I’m not done playing with it, so far it does pretty much what I’m trying for. Been on this for quite some time but not quite ready to post it public yet… Although this pretty much is doing that here right…:wink:

3 Likes

thx! copied to my Doc. heh of course now I need Chocolate Fudge Brownie (CAP) :wink:

2 Likes

Do you have FW Brownie? That one works too…

1 Like

I read from somewhere that if u add some peppermint it makes the “oreo” effect come out. Now granted I’ve never tried it but it’s definitely on my to do list!

Not sure if this will post correctly…but here it goes. Here is my first posted recipie.

2 Likes