New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

Great idea for a post. Being new to this I don’t have the mixologist mindset yet. Going through the recipes can be frustrating when you see the same things posted multiple times. It’s even more frustrating when you have all these flavors and don’t know what to do with them. Looking forward to seeing what you creative people come up with!
Thanks in advance for sharing.

4 Likes

Yep I know but when I say it most ppl are confused you stated it nicely.

3 Likes

When you get time to just play don’t try to worry about it coming out awesome start to get to know your flavors some ppl do a shot glass and a drop of flavor swish ( like your a wine taster ) I use pg/VG and a my flavor and taste it make small batches 3 mls and go from there add 2 flavors next time and so on that way it doesn’t seem overwhelming with Choices ! Have fun ! And btw I still do this when I’m unsure if a combo before I make a decision in my batch if I’m really unsure most of the time I’ve already worked with the flavor thou. Hope this helps

6 Likes

I usually say it’s TPA’s signature line but yes rebranded is a much clearer way to say it.

4 Likes

I did this for the first time last night and it does work. You really get the sense of exactly what flavor notes are in the flavor.

3 Likes

That’s how I do it.

I start with 2mls of water and 1 drop flavouring.

If flavouring is too strong I go for 4mls water.

Then add other flavours by drops to build a recipe.

Cuts down on the use of your flavours until you’re ready to build a 5ml sample.

J

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Amy2. Just to be sure I got this right: swish a shot glass of water with a drop of flavoring to see what it’s like or a shot glass of PG/VG with flavoring?
(I need to know these things or I’ll just fill the glass with vodka and everything will start to taste wonderful)

11 Likes

Start with 2mls of water and 1 drop flavouring.

If you’re combining flavours for a recipe then have a few shot glasses each with 2mls of water.

Shot glass 1 your base flavour. For eg.

Shot glass 1 - 1 drop banana
Swish around the shot glass then into your mouth. Swish around your mouth and then spit it out into a spittoon.

Taste the residual in your mouth.

Shot glass 2. 1 drop banana and 1 drop custard.

Swish around and then into the mouth. Swish around and spit out.

Notice how the flavours interact with each other.

If custard is too strong but banana is ok then
Shot glass 3
4mls water. 2 drops banana 1 drop custard.

Repeat swishing etc.

This if ok then gives you a 2:1 ratio for banana to custard.

J

20 Likes

Thanks @Jondamon! This helps out immensely.

3 Likes

I like ur sense of humur!!! Ha-ha

2 Likes

Thank you. It makes life a little easier if you find a little humor in everything. Just have to balance the sarcasm/wit ratios.

3 Likes

In the words of the artist-critic Clive James:
“Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing. Those who lack humor are without judgment and should be trusted with nothing.”

9 Likes

Lmao @Jondamon has it right !

4 Likes

Hi Amy, I taste tested the caramel pie tonight and it’s much better. Was lacking a little caramel, so I did a small side batch version 3. Your suggestions worked out well.

2 Likes

Glad I could help ! V3 I’ll have to be on the look out for it !

1 Like

Ive added a few recipes, some of my first and a couple newer. Some of them ive never posted anywhere so feedback would be great. My two favorites are the new Blueberry Custard and an old favorite Strawvarian Cream.

I cracked open a bottle of 6 month old, today, Strawvarian Cream, it is absolutely delicious. The blueberry Custard is my 5th try and im pretty happy with it, very creamy. Both require some curing time, i say a minimum of 2 weeks but prefer them at a month or more.

Hope all y’all enjoy if you try them.

9 Likes

Thanks for cracking open the recipe book @Ken_O_Where. I really consider this to be an honor. I’m making them both tonight. I checked on ELR, I see you’re really feeling generous today. Thanks again buddy.

5 Likes

Ill be adding more, this was just some of my custard/creams. Thank you kindly for the compliment, im glad to be able to share the honor with everyone here. This is seriously a great group of people, of all the vape communities i post to this one has the friendliest and kind people and i feel it an honor to be part of such a group.

I figured it is about time i share some of these recipes with such good people.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing Ken.

2 Likes

Ken you must be feeling generous ! I’m still steeping that strawnana custard have not tried it cuz I want it to be primo :kissing_heart::ok_hand: I like custards at least 1&1/2 -2 weeks out and longer ! Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes