Newbie Needs Some Base Liquid Advice!

Also, what % juice do you prefer…60VG/40PG…70VG/30PG…???

Here you go, some free Nude Nicotine:
https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/nicotine-sample-request/

I suggest you get a 100mg bottle and dilute it with your PG/VG to the desired base strength. then use your base to make your e juice. Because the 100mg is just as free as the 3mg, so you get more final product. And this is The best Nicotine I have tried, even though I tend to buy from Nicotine River because they are so aggressive on their pricing. Remember to use gloves! And in the end you may find out your bad taste is just from not steeping your ejuice long enough.

2 Likes

Do you want a butter smooth, VG only base liquid throat hit? (This is for a non-nicotine mix)

This needs to be your base:

1% Absolut Vodka
5% Distilled Water
94% Essential Depot VG (Get on Amazon or at Essential Depot)

Your flavorings? Start with the recipes on this site that have over 25 Five Star ratings and use the manufactures flavorings recommended.

Love,

Gramma

The first thing I’d ask is when you were buying juice what was the mix of VG/PG you preferred?

Nicotine River has the smoothest nicotine I’ve ever tried. Their VG is great as well. It really isn’t about where the business is located but who has the product that fits your needs and likes.

1 Like

I like either 50/50 or 60vg/40pg. I do tend to like strong flavors, so I had initially tried the peppermint and the mango at lower percentages but they just tasted weak to me. I’m definitely going to be continuing my research though! Thank you SO much for your notes. This will help a lot with the next batch! You are truly awesome!!!

If you are buying 50/50 and adding flavor to it most flavors are in PG and that’s raising your PG percentage depending on how much flavor is in the mix. I’d suggest getting your PG and VG in separate bottles and mixing from there.

1 Like

Hi @JenP welcome ! what part of FL are you from ?

I’m interested if it’s the base when I started out there were a hand full of vendors and some where definitely better than others but NN it’s good stuff and being your Nicotine is near non-existence @ 3mg I am curious if it’s the blend of 50/50.

Definitely the base! I tried it by itself, and yuck. I also did some more research and I guess some people have had issues with the reliability of NN…double nicotine levels, etc. It may have been that, or I may just not like their nicotine/pg/vg. Either way, I am trying out Wizard and getting all products separately.

3 Likes

Have you used Vienna Cream in every off recipe? I ask because for me, it has kind of a glue or Vaseline taste, even at .5%. This was disappointing to me since so many people really like it and use it. It’s just some odd thing with my taste buds I guess. If your unflavored test turns out good (unflavored is usually just a clean sweet taste), then try making 5mil testers of each single flavor and taste them all individually to see which flavor is off.

1 Like

I have heard of all those things regarding NN. Wizard Labs was terrible stuff back in the day but have heard better things about them here recently. You may look at not getting 50/50 unless you really like Pg more than Vg , Vg is sweeter and isn’t as drying as Pg and 99% of flavors are already in Pg.

Now I am not hating on Pg just bc it hates me ( i’m sensitive to it ) anyhow it is bitter and does have a bite if your taste is something in that neighborhood you may choose to look at a heavier Vg blend. Hope you find what works for you that’s the most important. I’m in Gainesville, Fl btw seen you said you were in FL as well.

Essential Depot is Sebring, Fl I believe trying to recall from memory they have good vg/pg if you decided to buy larger quantities.

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit Vienna Cream off the bottle smells just like finger nail polish to me lol but 4 weeks later different story…delish !

2 Likes

I’ve had Essential Depot VG/PG and it’s lovely. Nude Nic isn’t bad either not too much difference as far as I could tell.

I know, that’s what I was hoping for. Two of my mixes were close to ten weeks old the last time I tried them and still tasted like glue. It’s every mix I’ve used it in even at a really low %. It’s my defective taste buds, lol. Some creams and custards for no good reason, just hit me wrong.

Edit for quote fail, lol.

1 Like

Many ppl have said that about Vienna Cream it’s a funny flavor anyhow…kinda like creamy ice cream with a hint of waffer like sweetness in there. I like it but not fresh at all hee hee.

I just reordered from Essential depot Vg palm derived last week I am going to see if I still like it ,I’ve been using Musim Mas Vg it is very sweet palm derived probably the best vg I’ve ever had. I will compare it w/ E.D’s Vg.

For anyone who wants really really smooth sweet Vg Musim Mas is it available at https://www.nicotineriver.com/products/vegetable-glycerin & https://www.liquidbarn.com/collections/vegetable-glycerin-usp-grade/products/usp-vegetable-glycerin

1 Like

@Mizzz_Z_Hobbit - I think I’m going to try the vienna cream by itself too. The base tasted off, but there may be multiple things at play here because that glue-like/oily description is the closest thing anyone has come to how it tastes! Thank you for the help! I really think they used the dredges of supplies to make the “pre-mixed” order. From now on I will be buying the ingredients separately.

@Amy2 - I’m a little south in Ft. Myers. We don’t have any B&M shops that carry mixing supplies :frowning:

1 Like

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sebring%20fl%20to%20ft.%20myers
1 hour 39 miles

short ride to get some supplies !

http://www.essentialdepot.com/category/4-GALLONS-PG-VG.html

2029 US-27, Sebring, FL 33870

Most B&M won’t have any more supplies as their not allowed to mix anymore dt the regs

1 Like

I think you’re going in the right direction!

I definitely have to second the suggestion that you try Musim Mas (VG), and strongly recommend using NicSelect Nicotine. Both are available quite reasonably (and with free shipping) from one of our leading vendors. @Nicotine_River

Their Nicotine is hands down the best tasteless Nicotine for the money that you’ll find IMO.

Good luck, and nice having you in ELR.

3 Likes