OFRF nexMESH SS316L mesh review by Mjag. Good TC for mesh?

@Letitia beat me to it. I forgot the name but will probably remember it now. I saw it at the Fasttech Styled Digest site.

4 Likes

I watched most of that. That waterfall squonk action is impressive. Looks like ā€œFor advanced usersā€ again haha. I like to fiddle with things so Iā€™ll probably get one of those. Even with regular coils it looks good.

4 Likes

I can rarely hang with dual builds and havenā€™t jumped on the rebuildable mesh train so didnā€™t watch. I only know about it from some at ecf chatting about it.

4 Likes

Excellent review!.. and a discovery for me too! I havenā€™t keep up on mesh but per my knowledge TC was just not viable with it. This is exciting to know. I love both my Therion 75C and Drone 250C as I get a VW experience with the TC dry hit protection. This makes mesh a real option for me. I always have enjoyed the flavor produced from mesh on the subs Iā€™ve tested, but ya, Iā€™m an RBA snob. Once tested they go in a can to be given away to someone who wants a sub. This is groove sir! Thank you for writing this one up!!!

5 Likes

Great review brother :wink: I havenā€™t tried mine yet but this has me intrigued

4 Likes

Looks interesting, he kept on mentioning how fragile the N80 coils were, I wonder how many he brokeā€¦lol. Thanks for the vid :grin:

@INOIROC I am not crazy about the guy who designed it but at least this time it looks like an original design :wink: I laughed when he went through the different airflow options on the prototypes and said, no, not this one as such and such has it. He has been getting a lot of flack for copying designs lately.

@SmilingOgre thanks Walt! Yeah, this one works better with Replay than the VV 200 does. The ramp up on mesh is just so instant that I think TC canā€™t react fast enough depending on your settings. On a DNA C mod I just have to make sure I turn off the boost and keep the watts reasonable, that helps a lot.

@Steampugs thank you brother, definitely let me know what you think :+1:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s every coil for me. I must run them right against the wall of going dry. Anytime I get boost involved a long draw will go dry on me. Especially replay is funny that way. If you push to hard before saving the DNA will say ok, if thatā€™s what you want and deliver some pretty nasty flavor.

5 Likes

Hey brother, any chance you have the dimensions on those SS strips? I just bought the Doom Mesh RTA and was wondering if those strips would work sizewise.

EDIT: Nevermind. Theyā€™ll fit. :+1:

4 Likes

I thought that might be the case but glad you found out already. Got the Doom showing up Monday, 2 actually so might try the VV in one and the OFRF in the other to compare.

3 Likes

Mine will show up about midweek. The SS should arrive at the same time (I hope). Really looking forward to it. Vaping with Vic had a great review on the Doom.

3 Likes

I have been hearing nothing but good things about the Doom, excited to try it. Wasnā€™t planning on ordering 2 but forgot to clear the cart before checkout, at least that is what my subconscious is telling me :wink:

I ordered a second Kylin M too, this time matter black for my Mirage DNA75C.

At 430f and 60 watts with the boost turned off it is a fantastic vape. I love me a good single 21700 mod and mesh RTAā€™S are a great match, doesnā€™t need much power so the battery lasts me most of the day.

5 Likes

@mjag
Thanks for the review. I also use VV 200 SS and the spitting has always annoyed me. Sometimes itā€™s worse than others and even my wife said something about it recently, and she rarely says anything about my vaping after 3 years.

I also like the idea of running TC on my DNAs.

One question. What ohm are they at on your Profile?

3 Likes

Should have listed that, thought it was in the specs I posted. It is marked as 0.15 ohms on the packaging and reads as 0.16 on my DNA. Does need a lot of power though like most mesh, 45 to 65 watts is all good.

3 Likes

I just wanted it verified. Thanks.

3 Likes