Ogre spies a Grus Updated

No problem, I started making mods a couple of years ago, when whiterose was around doing his. He helped me with links and advice and what not but I am not very good at it and the soldering was the hardest part for me. So I kinda gave up on it but still have quite a few parts and do dads laying around so if you need a little part and you don’t want to spend 20 bucks then maybe I will have it.

6 Likes

I use to solder motherboards as part time work a long time ago. I was really rusty but found a free soldering clinic at You-do-it-Electronics. Do you have one in your vicinity?

6 Likes

Ah boo. I have a 75W Yihi SX475J laying around waiting for something to do. I don’t have a Grus only because I wasn’t impressed with the board. Grus owners, any chance the Yihi could work? Here’s some specs: (I just got an error code on both these links but you can follow the links.)

http://www.yihiecigar.com/productview/65.html

5 Likes

Would love to do this but with exchange rate and postage it becomes somewhat less worthwhile. Here, the board starts at $88 +$15 post that I can see but with the price of the Grus here that would make the price similar to a brand name DNA mod anyway…

5 Likes

I don’t know but I will check it out. Thanks!

4 Likes

adding my $.02 for the database.

i just check 1 URSA and 2 GRUS. .11 on a Paranormal, .09 on the others. and i just now check on a Vicious Ant mod with a 75c, .09.

so, what is right ?

update. i noticed the 510 on the para was dirty looking. i cleaned it, now .08.

3 Likes

Technically, probably none of them. They are not calibrated/certified milliohm meters. They are a mod. Some variance always exists.

4 Likes

yep. doesn’t make sense to make something that exacting, that is most likely going to be junk/replaced in one year anyway.

4 Likes

Wear and tear after 114,725 puffs…

Front and back are pretty good, only a few marks from my wedding ring etc. Top has minor atty rash, bottom is good. Really, only above and below the wood inserts that are worn finish wise.

Had quite a few mods that were a lot worse after half the usage, but my Dovpo Odin 100 (also black) which I got around the same time and use almost as much is totally unblemished still.

8 Likes

115,000 ? !!! :astonished:

i’m assuming thats a carry rig ?

5 Likes

Every day rotation. One of the main ones.

Bear in mind that I chain Vape too… lol

The mod I got 48 hours ago already has 2042 puffs on it.

4 Likes

well, i’m hoping mine stay nice for a long time. i don’t carry them, i have beaters for that.

4 Likes

I have the same one, still looks brand new :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

do you ever internal charge that thing ? i so, how often ?

4 Likes

Except for the Drag X Plus, these are usually my at home mods. I have 2 Aegis solo mods that I take out usually.

Obviously not using it as much as I am mate… LOL.

Nope, only ever use external battery chargers for any mod with removable batteries. Have around 8 21700’s, 4 20700’s and 12 18650’s.

4 Likes