Painters ? Paint help

Thank You everyone for taking the time to guide me in the right direction , i have bought some primerx peel bond primer . The primer is a high build primer , it will allow me to build up to 40ml thick ( pretty nice ) . My first coat is on and the stuff seem to be working …

9 Likes

Oooorah brother Zen !!!

6 Likes

I am curious to find out if you could paint the wall without these bubbles.
I recently renovated my house because it is really old and it needed to be refreshed. I changed the roof, painted the walls, replaced the furniture. I mean, I didn’t paint the walls, the workers from https://www.paintingservicesingapore.sg/ did it.
But I don’t know how I forgot to paint a part of the fence behind the house. The fence is scratched because there was a cabinet in front. I tried sanding it, but it seems that this is not enough. What else can I do?

2 Likes

I’m not a painter but just recently repaintet my garage door. In my case it was possible to sand off the old paint. You really want to get down to the bare wood.
In your case it looks like multiple layers of different paint, my first idea would be a hot air gun and a set of scraper blades on a handle to get the majority off and then sand down to the wood.
Then start with a primer, I’ve used water based paint because it dries quicker than the oil based and you can do 2 coats in one day. Or whatever they recommend in your local store, maybe they have something different, my knowledge is very limited.

If you have the choice between paints you don’t know don’t try to save a few bucks and pay a bit more for the better quality. You may even get away with just one coat if it’s good paint.

3 Likes

Oh dear, have I answered a 2 year old question?
I guess you must have some results by now? How did it go?

3 Likes

You are not alone. I didn’t notice the date and gave a few “likes”. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes