Private Recipe Sneak Peek (WIPs) Part 1

Just curious about users private recipe stash. I constantly bounce potential recipe ideas off myself. Most users only want to post completed, tried and true recipes. I’d like to see and hear potential recipe ideas. I think this is a good opportunity to get feedback, suggestions, collaborations and ideas about recipes before you commit to making them. I probably have about 50-60 recipes in limbo because I’d like them to be right the first time. Any thoughts on this. It’s like a WIPs only thread.

19 Likes

I just looked thru mine and have nothing exciting to share. Most of mine are just flavor brand substitution adaptations or slight tweaks of others’ recipes and places for me to take notes. I’m not very original! :blush:

But this thread seems like a good idea, and I’ll be sure to post here if I come up with anything worth sharing.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need to find your inspiration. I know some peruse actual recipes and recreate them. Some of my favorites were created this way.

I found inspiration in these a few days ago…

WIPs

I have dozens like this that haven’t committed to making yet.

4 Likes

Yeah, great idea Pro_Vapes!
I’ve got quite a few in limbo - about 2 pages worth… feed-back would be good (…& I reckon I’ve probably got another page worth that no amount of feed-back could help! LOL).
I’ve got a feeling it’ll be a popular idea so I’ll keep an eye out for the thread!

2 Likes

Good idea. I have a few WIP’s I will share when I get my lazy ass out of bed.

2 Likes

Been thinking on this one for a couple of days, going to give it ago later today

Pears in Caramel Sauce

Ingredient %
Pear (MF) 1.5
Caramel (MF) 0.75
Vanillla (MF) 0.5
Milk & Honey (Flavorah) 2
Brown Sugar Extra (TPA) 1 drop

Flavor total: 4.75%

8 Likes

A couple Bread Pudding recipes in the works.

Bread Zeppelin

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.25
Almond (FA) 2
Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.2
Butterscotch (Flavorah) 1.8
Caramel (Flavorah) 2
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 6
Milk and Honey (Flavorah) 0.5
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.3
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 2.5
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 1.5

Flavor total: 18.05%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Bread Nugent

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.25
Brown Sugar (TPA) 2
French Toast (CAP) 3
Milk and Honey (Flavorah) 0.5
Nugat (INAWERA) 1.25
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah) 0.3
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 2.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 4
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 1

Flavor total: 14.8%

10 Likes

@Pro_Vapes - Glad to see you are using Pyure too now. It’s slowly being incorporated into a lot of recipes lately and I think it’s a great addition to our arsenal of additives.

Nice looking WIP’s there. A little different than I am used to seeing you post. More nutty and dessertish than I remember you posting. Do you like Crunch Cereal much? I haven’t used it very much yet and was thinking I need to start playing around with that one more.

2 Likes

It works very good with MF Flavors.

These are my first with Crunch Cereal. Still in the testing phase.

3 Likes

A couple I’ve got on the state at the mo’…

Bourbon Brownie

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 1
Caramel Candy (TPA) 2
Chocolate Fudge Brownie (CAP) 1
Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) 3
Marshmallow (TPA) 1.5
Milk Chocloate (INAWERA) 4
Sweet Cream (TPA) 2
Vanilla Bourbon (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 16.5%

Trouble in Paradise 1.1

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 1
Coconut Extra (TPA) 1
Double Chocolate (Dark) (TPA) 1.5
Graham Cracker (TPA) 3.5
Milk Chocolate (INAWERA) 3
Vanilla Bourbon (TPA) 4

Flavor total: 14%

Suggestions most definitely welcome!

1 Like

I have this flavor but I haven’t tried it yet. The reviews I read says it’s really good after a long steep. How do you like it?

1 Like

I’ve only ever tried 1 other, & thats TPA. Its been a while since I used the TPA, but from memory, I’d agree with the reviews about the INW. Much better IMO. Yeah it need a good long steep- 2 weeks min,no, more like 3 to get the joy - sweet n smooth chocolate

2 Likes

I always like to see what’s behind the curtains. I must admit that I am not super creative. But I think I am doing pretty ok adapting recipies…sorta…still building up my flavor stash, but it’s tough since I really want to avoid certain additives/chemicals.

5 Likes

Medicine Flower should appeal to you… All Organic Extracts!

5 Likes

Milk Chocolate (INW) is an awesome flavor. Mixed with a touch of Cocoa (FA) it really can take on a rich milk chocolate flavor like in candy bars. Try my Twixted Revisited and Twixted Nut Revisited recipes. They both use that flavor and it’s pretty amazing what that flavor can do.

7 Likes

Wip 2nd attempt

Butterscotch Cookie

Butterscotch (MF) 1.25%
Biscuit (INA) 3%
Sugar Cookie (Cap) 2%
White Chocoloate (TPA) 1%

2 Likes

I have about 10 or so done up in here ready to play around with once i get my stuff to start up, i can share a few and see what you guys think, if you’d like. I mean, any tips or advice on changes would be a great help, as these are just uneducated, and untried guesses for myself at the moment…

Cotton Candy & Popsicles v1

Ingredient %
Banana Cream (TPA) 2
Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy (CAP) 4
Koolada 10% (TPA) 1
Orange (FA) 1
Orange Creamsicle (CAP) 5
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 2

Flavor total: 15%

Tunnel of Love v1

Ingredient %
Acai Berry (TPA) 1
Blueberry Extra (TPA) 1
Cucumber (CAP) 4
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 0.75
Golden Pineapple (CAP) 4
Harvest Berry (CAP) 1
Rasberry (Sweet) (TPA) 1
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 1

Flavor total: 13.75%

Cherry Pie v1

Ingredient %
Black Cherry (TPA) 2
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 1
Horchata Smooth (TPA) 3
Pie Crust (FW) 1
Pomegranate Deluxe (TPA) 2
Wild Cherry (FW) 2

Flavor total: 11%

Rusty Ax v1

Ingredient %
Cinnamon Danish Swirl v2 (CAP) 2
Dragonfruit (TPA) 4
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 2
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 1
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 12%

5 Likes

Don’t get stuck on all TPA, CAP and FW. They sometimes don’t taste as described. I see you posted you’re just starting, so try some premium flavors too. Your Rusty Ax looks good.

Something to consider when you buy more flavors.

2 Likes

I am not stuck on any brand in particular, I chose those flavors after comparing between notes and comments on here of other brands of same or similar flavors, the ones I picked just had the better comments comparatively. for example i might look up a flavor and check the notes, and see people say it is weak or not authentic tasting, maybe off somehow, then another brand saying it is great, so logically I would choose what ever one has the better flavors. I also based my choices of brands off what the top few most used brands are on here, search flavor then click recipe tab to bump the listed flavor in most recipes first order so i know which ones tend to be chosen more often…to show you what i mean, here is a screen shot of part of my shopping list of flavors, Flavor West, Flavorah, Flavor Art, TFA/TPA shown here, off screen on my list are also a couple other brands (OnestopDIY, Capella) thrown in that had better reviews also compared to other brands… Also I hear Medicine Flower is great, I just haven’t heard much else about them specific to flavors other than that.

3 Likes

But, like I said, if you have any suggestions I am open to hear your input, also. If you see a flavor, you know is not as good, and have a better suggestion for a substitution, I would love to know :slight_smile: and thanks for looking, like I mentioned, these are just some rough guesstimates for once i do have my diy stuff so i can jump right in the deep end :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes