Proper single flavor testing

Well I live in Canada and just finally got my second order from bcf and my 1st from chefs sndnit cost me probably at least 100 to get them both shipped to me on top of my actual order … and the exchange rates are stupid so idk what it would cost me to even phantom an order from jungle flavors but I would if I could. …im a flavor junkie I got some of the weirdest flavors that im just sitting on until I get good enough to lol :laughing: know what I’m doing with them…my latest is zesty Lemongrass (MB) its great the sft was super but what to mix it with…I have no fuckin clue…but I def can cook and def a potato. :potato: I call my cat a floofy potato. He is 21lbs his name is bear :bear:

Now he is a floofy potato :potato:

6 Likes

I hope there is no correlation between these two statements mate… :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl: floofy potato!

Luna is only 9 pounds. We call her “that little turd,” most of the time. Occasionally she’s “sweetheart” but that’s only when she wants something… :smirk:

9 Likes

note to self . when at ladycrooks’ and eating Chinese dishes that begin with tiger. check and see if bear is asleep on the couch … :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Lol yeah lemon grass is a tough one lol…ive never tried it but maybe a tea or something light maybe cucumber or pear

3 Likes

Lol I try…if someones struggling with single flav testing i felt it best to know what your gonna do with them after all that,well have some idea .Otherwise they may not be ready to be goin thru all that just yet :grinning: its tedious enough as it is

3 Likes

I know I get stuck on one thing and that’s it. Until more multiple fails …like my last one strawberry green (FA)and watermelon yellow (sc) (WF)
But im not completely done with that there has got to be a way somehow but I just can’t keep trying with that rn. Couldn’t just do something normal that I know will probably work like idk mabye kiwi or normal watermelon. Nope has to be the weird yellow one. Cuz I think it will work. Really I don’t have a fucking clue if it does on a good day…lol

3 Likes

fuck I got stuck on jungle flavors for about a good hour after I read that…lol thx for that one. But I was strong and convinced myself I do not need anymore I have like 250 now and your right barely touched them cuz I have no fuckin clue what to do with almost all of them. I’ve wasted a ton of product just finally convinced myself to not put nic in them unless they’ve already been mixed, by a reputable mixer…ive learned that mistake too and mixed someone else’s fails also. Lol anyway I just aquied 248 flavors recently and I have another 100 coming from @Wombatred26 in the mail. Its 5lbs of fluid coming here too the customs duty fees should be stupid but thats a while another trip im on. Lol

4 Likes

:grinning:Ah how bad can it be…4% Watermelon 6% Strawberry 1% Super sweet…im prob just very non fussy n can vape anything if I can taste watermelon n strawberry n its mildly sweet…are you adding the sweetner? Some are pre sweetened but if their not can seem bland.I add a couple drops of ws23 or koolada to brighten fruits too but not to ice it out

5 Likes

:joy: I’ve never even tried jungle flavors n been there a hundred times.I mean I’ve bought flavors there but never used their concentrates.If in mashing two fruits together that sounds like it would work i tend to always use a little lemon or apple on the front end cause they pretty much mold with any fruit and seems to pull them together for me.Like a page out of Reds idea n i like Reds juice.Apple Apple,Apple strawberry,Apple Peach,Apple guave Apple grape etc…I know Wayne’s water Malone watermelon one shot he said he used apple to make it taste as much like a real wmelon as possible n less candied …so I do that n even do the same idea with lemon which good lemon is hard to find but VT lemon or Inw ill use 1% or if I go with apple ill use a lot of FA Fuji apple at about 2% Idk whatever my Lil brain can dream up but if in making desserts like cheesecake,custard or cookie etc I don’t use that theory but really just in a few fruit mashups recipes or fruit ice etc

6 Likes

that is interesting I am going to try this theory out. this lemon or apple idea…

7 Likes

I’m a simple guy, but I learned quickly that my taste buds are different than everyone else’s

9 Likes

I would say a large percentage of users on the recipe side fall into this category. Myself included (maybe) (sometimes) (ok, rarely). :expressionless:

5 Likes

@katekk0101

Joined 12 hours ago

Despite joining ELR 12 hours ago, I am already impressed by your posts. #Impressive.

4 Likes

Yep. Taste can be so subjective. And it is great to see you jumping into various conversations on the forum. It makes is so much more fun to participate.

3 Likes