Properly storing nicotine

:laughing: dudes usually donā€™t care about give their age, women, not so much.
if your under 60, your not older than dirt, maybe mud, but not dirt :rofl:

4 Likes

Iā€™m ordering a gallon of regular 100mg/PG nic and a liter of 100mg/PG salt nic in the next couple of days. Going to be storing in a rarely accessed chest freezer. Would these bottles work for breaking them down?

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Amber-Boston-Round-Black/dp/B08FTJ3R36/ref=sr_1_13?crid=1JASCZ81DJ2VR&dchild=1&keywords=4+oz+glass+bottles+with+lids&qid=1615179794&sprefix=4oz+glass+bottle%2Caps%2C204&sr=8-13

3 Likes

Same same @HawaiianVaporTraiz, welcome TO the preppinā€™ party.

2 Likes

Not a problem at all. Itā€™s something I saw another mixer doing, and I started doing it. Itā€™s white electrical tape. Itā€™s not manditory, but an added layer of security. Keeps the lids snuggly secure after tightening.

2 Likes

@Wings4Life yes, those bottles are fine, and I have used GBO (via Amazon) for years. Lately I started having issues with the caps cracking/breaking, and have since switched to Wheaton bottles. Both the glass, threads, and caps are FAR superior to any/every Glass Bottle Outlet from Amazon, JUST in case you are wanting an upgrade.

https://www.amazon.com/Wheaton-Capacity-Phenolic-Poly-Seal-Diameter/dp/B003G2ZWZC/

3 Likes

newbee here for because of ban coming got to 2 liters of 60 mg 100 vg should i break down all or can i freeze one in shipping bottle and break down other
thanks in advance

2 Likes

@jack72 break it ALL down, into smaller glass.

2 Likes

Welcome! I freeze right in the shippers bottleā€™s. I remove the cap to make sure the shipper put the foil seal on the bottle. I have bought nicotine that was not sealed and had to break the nic down immediately. If sealed though I put it in the freezer as is.
I break down into 60ml (2 oz) bottleā€™s because I donā€™t go thru it fast enough sitting on my desk before it starts to oxide.

3 Likes

I broke mine down using different size bottles using 2 and 4 ox bottles. I can use the 2oz bottles when needed without breaking down further. The 4oz Iā€™ll break down again when my 2 oz are empty. Eliminates the need for me opening as many bottles as necessary. I labeled them so my hoomans donā€™t mess with them and also with a date so I know when I stuck them in the freezer.

8 Likes

Good readā€¦

https://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/26523/nicotine-degradation-myths

5 Likes

Yeah theyā€™re some neatly arranged little bottles there.

Iā€™m feeling the strong urge to finish off those bottle caps though, with a strip of plumberā€™s tape to seal the seal airtightā€¦

3 Likes

I just havenā€™t done it yet, Iā€™m not quite finished with all my storage as I need to split my nic salts up I just got in the mail.

3 Likes

And same here @HawaiianVaporTraizā€¦ I think there are more of us than you realise in this age bracket and older mate.

8 Likes

With the nic base Iā€™m planning on getting (2-liters), freezer space is going to run out fast. Iā€™m lucky sheā€™s allowing me the luxury of buying vape stuff I really need,but I think sheā€™ll draw the line when it comes to freezer space.

Any ideas where I can find a small and affordable freezer?

4 Likes

Any home improvement store in your area. Here is a example.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-5-0-cu-ft-Chest-Freezer-in-White-HMCF5W4/311895690

5 Likes

Yep, tell me about it. I always told myself that 70 was old, now I donā€™t believe it anymore :rofl:

7 Likes

Well, I shoulda listened to SessionDrummer. I ordered some on Amazon from GBO for my upcoming nic order. Decided to save some money. Not the cleanest bottles at allā€¦makes me wonder if they may have been used. No worries, ran them through the dishwasher. Ended up setting 4 of the 12 to the side as they have something inside. Also, some of the caps seem to not fit well and shed plastic pieces. Lesson learned. I think they will be fine but will order the Wheaton next time.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about that @scifoc. Having used Amazon (Glass Bottle Outlet) for years, and realizing the bottles just get cleaned, loaded, and frozen, and not constantly used, except for working bottles, Iā€™m trying to remember when I started noticing problems. Maybe in the last 6 months. Iā€™d just gotten used to the somewhat thin caps, and loosing a few every time I used a batch of them. Seemed like the caps just got cheaper/thinner maybe ? I think when I was PRE-prepping about a month or so ago, and lost a few more caps when tightening them on, I knew I had to change up.

The Wheatonā€™s while not amber, and slightly more expensive, are clearly far superior, and appear to be made for the scientific community, as opposed to Amazon weekend warriors. The glass is clearly thicker, the threads on the bottles are much thicker, and the caps are MUCH better. You can feel it every time you open one up. Hopefully you donā€™t have any more issues, before your deep freeze, but bookmark the Wheatonā€™s so you have it handy, and ready to go.

2 Likes

I would of returned them for that reason. Amazon is great with returns. They will ship you a replacement immediately. Even before you return the old ones.

3 Likes

So the smallest size I can order at LNW now is a liter. Does anyone have 4 of the nice 250ml or 2 500ml Wheaton bottles that they would be willing to sell me? Can venmo payment and shipping. Donā€™t really have a need to buy a whole case.

4 Likes