Public Health England says 95% less harmful than analogue cigarettes

Here’s a little link for anyone who’s interested that says its 95% less harmful so far in testing to use an ecig than to smoke the icky sticks.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/19/public-health-england-e-cigarettes-safer-than-smoking

3 Likes

The report:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e-cigarettes-an-evidence-update

Awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

The only issue is to move to be a medicine.

Licensing etc.

Which unfortunately may bite us in the backside but it’s at least a step in the right direction somewhat.

CMJ

Yes, I was more focused on the fact that a government arm admits that it’s less harmful and works as a cessation tool :smile:

2 Likes

It’s saying it’s almost harmless so I don’t see why they would try a band of some sort. You can you buy patches and gum in stores , right?

2 Likes

Yes you can but they’re licensed which from the article sounds like how they may want to progress with ecigs which means probably a lot more restrictions on vaping gear, similar to HB2058 is it that you guys are facing in the USA?

I’m all for regulations but I’m also all for choice.

I want to be able to buy more stuff that allows me to Vape “my way” not a licensed way.

CMJ

I think the psycho-visual conditioning plays a large part in the reluctance to accept the industry. People refuse to see it as anything other than smoking regardless of what the benefits are. It doesn’t help that big tobacco has the deep pockets to enforce that belief through back-door propaganda and political influence. Big tobacco will always have a negative face, but without an alternative, they would also still have a profit and power to influence politics
We need to put a face on the alternative that the common person can understand - the medical and science professionals, the economists and those in the health insurance industry that can attest to the health and financial benefits to vaping as an alternative to smoking. As more and more countries are turning towards socialized healthcare, we need to see that the costs of treating smoking related illnesses (of which there are so many) are costing billions per year and lining the pockets of the tobacco industry by just as much. This is what Joe Taxpayer needs to see, not the hipsters with the tattoos and piercings blowing massive clouds and the give-a-shit attitude that is so often portrayed.
Unfortunately, I don’t think vapers and the vaping industry have it all together enough to assemble a force to do this effectively. We need to prepare for a financial fight to battle Goliath, and do it with the best mainstream face we can put on it. I’m afraid that by the time we figure it out, it will be too late.

1 Like

Sorry, don’t know where that came from. Must have found a marble…

1 Like

100% agree. A tough fight ahead. STOCK UP!!!