Pugsley's Long and Girthy Review of the Dovpo Topside Dual SE & Carbon Mods

Battery retaining door only has 2 retaining points, I dropped device from under one foot and broke off both points. Not designed very well and now hold door closed with a zip tie, lol. I would not recommend buying the dual device.

2 Likes

In itsā€™ defense, many mods suffer ill effects when dropped from various heights. I know my once-beloved iPV8 had a terribly accident-prone battery door that even when used with care still managed to pop open at inconvenient times. Bummer that your mounting points broke, but that sounds as much as the ā€˜perfectā€™ angle of impact as anything, unfortunately.

I have not dropped my first-edition Topside Dual (you know, the boring monotone green one) but itā€™s been hearty in all aspects for nearly a year now. In fact, it is by far the most robust finish I have ever encountered. 11 months of daily use, hundreds of draws a day, and the finish is still pristine save for the mandatory bottom rub. All of the green and the entire top area look as new and I am frankly shocked by that. Itā€™s not just been a house mod. It travels in the van with me as well as in the boat on fishing trips so it is no trailer queen.

So, sorry the door mounts broke but I donā€™t know if itā€™s an inherent weakness or bad design, just bad luck.

GOAT review, @Steampugs.

2 Likes

You know, I never knew that was a thing until I read your review this morning. I tried it on mine and Iā€™ll be damned. It works. Not that setting it upside down on a table was all that much a bother, but thereā€™s definitely been times I wish I knew about this. Face, meet palm. Better late to learn than never, and RTFM once in a while I suppose.

2 Likes

LMAOā€¦I donā€™t think a lot of people know about it, it wasnā€™t really touted, and to be honestā€¦Iā€™m not 100% sure if it was completely intentional either lol :wink:

2 Likes