Pyure - Testing What it does for Fruits and Harshness

I have been using Pyure liquid sweetener for a month or so now. I have noticed as @Mofogger has that it can make fruity vapes less harsh. Especially flavors like Orange and Cactus (INW) for me anyway. But I never really tested this by making a recipe I knew would be hard for me to vape and then adding Pyure to see if it really made a noticeable difference. Until now.

I saw @daath posted a perfect recipe to test this with today. So I mixed two 10ml bottles but in one recipe you will notice I added .5% Pyure to the mix. Here are the recipes:

Orange Cactus Water

Ingredient %
Cactus (INAWERA) 1.2
Orange (FA) 0.8
Orange Cream (TPA) 2.75
Red Summer (Watermelon) (FA) 2.5

Flavor total: 7.25%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Lars' Orange Cactus Water with Pyure

Ingredient %
Cactus (INAWERA) 1.2
Orange (FA) 0.8
Orange Cream (TPA) 2.75
Pyure 0.5
Red Summer (Watermelon) (FA) 2.5

Flavor total: 7.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I vaped both of these recipes on my Tugboat DNA200 with the Alliance V2 RDA.

The build is a dual Ti build. 6.5 wraps on 3.5mm rod clocking in at .12 ohms. Temp is at 450 degrees with a preheat at 150w and wattage set to 100w. I have been using Rayon for wicking lately which was sent to me by @Whiterose0818 (thanks man!).

The results:
I put 10 drops or so on the coils and fired the mod a few times while blowing across the coils to make sure everything looked good. Then I re-juiced and put the chimney back on and braced myself for a massive throat hit. Vaping this without the Pyure wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. But after 4 or 5 draws on my RDA I was beginning to cough. I tried turning the temp up to 470 degrees and took another draw. I was done after that. The Orange and Watermelon tasted juicy and delicious. It wasn’t a really strong or overly sweet flavor. But it was a very nice vape aside from the throat hit I was getting. I really love Orange vapes, but have not been able to vape it much because of my wussy throat. If I could handle it, I might raise the FA Orange ever so slightly. And I could see myself vaping this after work while watching some tube and drinking some Maker’s Mark and enjoying the hell out of a nice relaxing vape.

For the second recipe test I pulled the chimney and fired until I got as much of the juice out of the wick as I could. I re-juiced this time with the juice with the added Pyure in the mix. Fired a few times and re-juiced. I reinstalled the chimney and did a small test vape. It was very noticeably a different experience. The Orange had more flavor. The Watermelon was more apparent on the exhale. The juice was obviously sweeter and even more enjoyable. And the throat hit was completely gone. I turned the temp to 500 degrees and the wattage up to 120. I took huge draws and never once did I notice any throat hit at all. It went from a Camel non-filter to a Marlboro Ultra-Light.

I am completely sold on the fact that Pyure is a very helpful additive in our DIY concoctions.

16 Likes

Looks like I take a trip to walmart tomorrow. There are several recipes from others I have made that are just a bit harsh for me. Maybe this is what the Dr. ordered.

2 Likes

OK, that did it…I’m writing you in for President. I just ordered two bottles of that off the Pyure website. You made me feel good about spending the money on it. The fruits have been killing me lately on the throat hits, I even cut my VG with 4% water. (That actually did help on the throat hit but muted a lot of the flavors) Thank you Lord Vapor!

1 Like

You should thank @Mofogger . I am pretty sure he was the innovator behind using Pyure here. Not sure if he thought of trying it or found info elsewhere. But he is the guy I learned about this from. I hope this helps you as much as it has me. It’s a real game changer for sure.

4 Likes

@Mofogger THANK YOU!!!

3 Likes

I’m just glad everyone is having as much success with this as I am :sunglasses:

This all started with CAP’s Grape w/stevia; it was the only fruit I could vape at the time. That was the spark that lead me to researching stevia additives which then lead me to the all organic Pyure Stevia :yum:. Vape on Brothers (and Sisters).

10 Likes

lol… love that…

2 Likes

i wanna order a small bottle. tell me exactly what and where, please.
does it also sweeten as it mellows? sorry if reading would have answered my questions…but ive sooooo busy the last 2 months and i’mk typing this with greasy hands as i stuff food in my mouth on a quick 5 minute break!

2 Likes

Amazon sells it here

But it was cheaper at WalMart.

I don’t know that it really mellows anything. If anything it seems to intensify fruit flavors. But it does away with that harshness that I get from some fruits. I haven’t tried this with bakery or dessert vapes much yet. But yeah, it sweetens the recipe nicely.

2 Likes

I got it right off their website : http://www.pyuresweet.com/ I just got it this morning.

The site is safe for credit cards, the e-commerce cart is a shopify site.

They didn’t ship it lightning fast, but not too shabby either. I got it in 5 days.

I put one drop in 5ml of liquid in the tank of what I’m vaping right now. (a cranberry cream type thing)

It mellowed the sting of tang of the cranberry, had no effect on the cream.

It does not taste artificial at all with a drop on your tongue which blew me away. I expected this to taste like saccharin but it’s just sweet.

This is nice stuff. I did notice the one drop in the 5 ml tank dried the flavor feel slightly.

4 Likes

Lookie what I FINALLY found at Walmart!! :smiley: Just in time for spring break and a big mixing session, I hope! I bought 3, but put one in the kitchen for tea. LoL

9 Likes

ordered! thanks! now i just gotta find time…work has been insane! dogs everywhere!

3 Likes

You must of gotten the last bottle, that Amazon link says the product is currently unavailable :cry:

2 Likes

It’s cheap ordering from Walmart website and delivery wasn’t horribly expensive either. If that’s available to you. I think I got 3 bottles with 2 day delivery for less than $20.

4 Likes

I’ll be on a job assignment in NC for the next month (I depart Saturday), I’ll look at the Walmarts there (the ones around me only carry the powder form). If I don’t find it there I’ll order it… thx though

2 Likes

If you go to their website you can search to see if it’s in stock at any of the stores within 50 miles of you.

Mine wasn’t so I ordered. Didn’t even have to step foot in the door. :wink:

1 Like

it has apple cider vinegar in it. interesting.

1 Like

Give it some time and it may show up. Mine only had the powder for awhile. I go every week and this week they finally had the liquid!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took two of my good recipes and added 2% pyure. I’m going to let them sit for a few days and report back, One of them is a fruity thing, another is a creamy cocoa thing. I’m going to focus on texture, throat hit and mouth feel because 2% is high for sweetener. I’m thinking it’s the only way I’m going to be able to discern what it actually does.

2 Likes

I stay below 1% with this stuff as it’s wicked strong.

3 Likes