Ready to start diy journey

Really, I can’t stress enough to test your flavors in single flavor mix :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It gives you the option to add VG/PG or a bit of flavor if you think something’s missing. Just make a 10ml or 15ml tester. Try it as a shake and vape. Let it steep for a couple weeks, try it again and take notes of how the flavor evolves. Some flavors may be mightily strong as a shake and vape, but when you let them steep for a week or 2 they actually become weak.

If you immediately start dropping or increasing % before you even know your flavors, you’re going to make mixing pretty hard for yourself. And it’s easier to dilute a juice if it’s too strong than to increase flavors afterwards.

A lot of it depends on what you’re vaping on and how you perceive the flavors. This is different for everybody. Some people are very sensitive to flavoring and drop %, others increase them… based on themselves and the way they vape.

2 Likes

So go with recommended & if too strong add few drops vg, wait a week and revisit? I have full dentures and a salt abused tongue, many juices are to soft for me. Probably why I gravitate to citrus vapes.

What is the “add to stash” in flavor list?

You can try it immediately, but yeah, that’s the idea about it

1 Like

When you buy flavors, you “add them to your stash”, making your own personal flavor list.
With this, you can add personal notes, the cost of the flavor, your personal rating and so on.
Once this is done, you can search for recipes based on which flavors you have, so that only recipes you can make will be displayed. You can also see what your recipe will cost you.

Again, all this info is in the guides for beginners and I highly recommend that you head over to the beginners forum and start reading. There’s so much information there that can be useful to you that I simply cannot type out here in this thread. The most important information is pinned at the top of the forum.
Start here: :: Guide e-Liquid Calculator and continue here: Beginners - E-Liquid Recipes Forum

1 Like

Will do in the morning. Thank for your time and patience.

1 Like

Been doing a lot of reading, and well…Wow.

2 Likes

There’s always something new to learn. Don’t feel overwhelmed though, just take things at your own pace!

Have fun and nice to meet you! :smiley:

2 Likes

You too! Actually feeling less overwhelmed due to finding answers and learning what to focus on for now. Going to sit back and absorb what I’ve learned. Later I will go through bookmarks and attempt a shopping list for the 10th or so time. lol

3 Likes

Since I am going to mix orange flavors I keep coming across the oils. Should a beginner put those on the back burner for later?

Don’t ever use something that is oil based or has oils as an ingredient. The exception to that is with some citruses, the oils (essential oils) that are found in the rind can end up in the flavoring. These oils dont have lipids in them, so they don’t carry the risk of lipid pneumonia from vaping them like other oils do. The commonly used citrus flavors that you find on elr should be safe to use, no need to push them to the back burner.

4 Likes

Good to know, saw one that I would like to try. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks Letitia