Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

Sweet thanks brother. :yum:

2 Likes

I have about 2 weeks steeping on about 6 different flavors of RF at 8% each, all at 30/70 with no nic. The flavors have definitely improved and no harshness at all. I do like the flavor of all of them, they are all pretty subdued though, a little too much for me. I am guessing at a higher percentage would be even better but from what I have read around here it is still going to be subdued. I am not looking for in your face flavor but they seem to be a little tough to coax out.

I really do like these flavors but the steep time is brutal compared to most other flavors out there, I guess that is just the nature of VG flavors maybe. I also would like a more concentrated mix, I guess I am spoiled by FA and INW were a little goes a long way.

I know @Walt_RealFlavors is working on the PDO line and that is what I think I will need to wait for. The only VG based flavors that will be a re-order for me is the Strawberry and Cream or maybe just the Strawberry Milkshake that is turning out so far to be a mix of the 2. The S&C is subtle as well but not as much as the others and it is really tasty, just had a friend try it and they really like it as well.

1 Like

I just checked and the PDO flavors are in stock but the 25% discount code is not working, maybe it is disabled for the PDO flavors?

I would like to try them but with shipping it comes out to $22 for (2) 1oz bottles, at $11 per bottle that’s just too rich for my blood.

2 Likes

They have released new flavors. And they have a few more of the PDO flavors :smiley:
26 NEW VG Based Flavors
Here is a list of all the new blends:
Aged Bourbon Cream, Black Raspberry, Blue Energy, Blue Moon Ice Cream, Chocolate Passion, Condensed Milk, Dreamsicle, French Vanilla, Fruit Danish, Ginger Ale, Lemon Meringue, Lemon Tea, Menthol Ice, Meringue, Molasses, Oatmeal Cookie, Pear, Pina Colada, Pumpkin Pie, Red Energy, Rhubarb, Sangria, Shortbread Cookie, Strawberry Rhubarb, Stuffed French Toast, and White Chocolate

5 Likes

Damnit! I just spent the rest of my allowance on VG flavors this morning… had I known I would have held off…

Oh well… I’ll enjoy the Chocolate Milkshake, French Toast and the 3 others I ordered in VG… sniff

Fine…

Checked the site again, and they’re still backordered on Chocolate Cake… so it’s not a total waste at the moment… been waiting to get my hands on some of that, heard nothing but great stuff about the flavor and I’d like to try a German Chocolate cake recipe from scratch with it… thank god I can’t gain weight from vaping…

8 Likes

Real Flavors update at 4 week steep. Everything in bold is the new info that I added to my original review. I do want to say that even with a longer steep, for my personal tastes I like all of them in the 12-15% range for stand alone flavoring in tanks. In RDA’s or RTA’s probably 9-12% is better. That is for the flavors that would be good SF. As a mixer in recipes, I would recommend 2-6% depending on the flavor.

Something else I noticed about all these I have tried is they are all naturally sweet. I’m not sure if they have sweeteners in them, or if it’s just normal in VG flavorings. As this is my first time trying VG flavors, I have no comparison. I would try these without any sweetening to start.

Butterscotch Pudding: 10% @ 1 week steep. Slightly weak, but very good and sweet. Creamy sweet butterscotch dominant at this point, creamy backnote. Not really getting an “instant pudding” type flavor at this point, but it’s still early. Nice thick mouth feel. Almost like a creamy rich butterscotch candy. Could easily be a stand alone with proper steep I think. Will try again at 4 weeks. I think with normal steeping times that creamy aspect will really strengthen, and will move more in the pudding direction. Right now I would say 10-12% tank 8-10% dripper for single flavor, 4-6% in blends. Will update with further testing. I really really like this, having a hard time putting it down.

@4 week steep. AMAZING! Straight up (insert famous maker here) butterscotch Instant Pudding! Nothing like the other butterscotches or the ice cream syrup. This has matured wonderfully, I am going to start with 12-15% stand alone for tanks. Must get more!!! This will be going fast. @Walt_RealFlavors please make some famous maker instant pistachio pudding. Pleaseeeeeeee!

Peanut Butter Cookie: 10% @ 1 week steep. Slightly weak at this short steep, but still yummy! Weaker than other RF flavors I’ve tried so far. I can’t decide if it tastes more like cookie dough, or baked cookies? Maybe soft baked PB cookies just slightly on the doughy side? Nice natural tasting pb, not dry tasting at all. Sweet but not too sweet. Getting some kind of bright note, can’t quite place it yet? Maybe vanilla, but almost fruity? Will have to figure it out. Will update again at 4 week steep. Not sure of SF percentages yet. Will wait and see how much it strengthens with steeping, but not a strong/good S&V at 10%.

@4week steep. This flavor is much better now, gotten stronger. Good fresh baked PB Cookie, still moist tasting, but that doughy aspect isn’t as strong. Might consider increasing to 12-15% in a tank. I don’t taste any off or fruity note now, must have steeped out. I’m hoping it holds it’s own against custards for a PB Cookie Custard :slight_smile:

Cream Soda: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is a very delicate flavor. Very good creamy vanilla, not as sweet as the real thing. Definitely not a stand alone at this percentage. Not in your face flavor. Would be great as a creamy vanilla in blends. Going to try at 15% and see what happens, maybe also with some sweetener. I like it, hoping higher percentage and steeping brings it out more. Unless it strengthens with higher percentages and steeping, I wouldn’t use stand alone. Will update after further testing. Going to make an orange cream soda and see how it develops. That is what I wanted this flavor for.

@4 week steep. This flavor honestly surprised me. It had a huge change with steeping, strengthened a lot. Sweet vanilla dominant cream soda. In a tank I would raise to 15% for SF, and have actually changed my mind and would consider this for a stand alone depending on my mood. I am looking forward to playing around with this one.

Cream Cheese: 10% @ 1 week steep. This flavor really surprised me. Actually quite good, and strong flavor even at only a 1 week steep. Unusual for creams. Pretty authentic flavor, slightly tangy but still slightly sweet, doesn’t have that flatness and strong tanginess that you usually get from cream cheese. Sweeter than plain cream cheese, but like the natural sweetness of VG, not like a frosting sweet. I really like this, and I will be using it in a lot of recipes I’m sure. I’m thinking 3-6% in a mix. However, might lower that depending on how much it continues to strengthen with steeping. I won’t be using this stand alone, not because it’s a bad flavor, but because I don’t care for just eating plain cream cheese. It’s an accent flavor for me.

@4 week steep. First impressions were correct on this one. Became much stronger and more tangy with steep. Strong cheese flavor that will overpower if not careful. Due to how much it intensified with steeping, I am thinking 1-3% in mixes.

Vanilla Custard: 10% @ 1 week steep. Sweet vanilla cream. Very mild, not rich. Not surprised, as it’s custard and only been 1 week. No eggy taste to this, more cream than custard. Good, but not memorable. I like it as a vanilla cream type accent flavor, but need more from a custard. Will try again at 4 weeks, it needs steeping for sure. Might need to go 12-15% on this one for SF. I will update and rate after further steeping.

@4 week steep. The flavor has really improved on this. I would still not call it a custard, but it’s a very creamy instand vanilla pudding. No egginess and still not rich. Nice sweet vanilla. Not super strong, good strength in the RDA, I think it would be too mild at 10% in a tank. I would aim for 12-15% SF for tanks. Not sure in a mix, probably start at 4% and go from there. I would not vape this as a custard, more as a mixer, this isn’t even in the category of Capellas. It’s good though and similar to vanilla swirl, but a better version imho.

Sweetened Condensed Milk: 10% @ 1 week steep. Very authentic flavor especially in such a hard to find flavor. Sweetened milk with a nice rich thick mouth feel, with almost a hint of dulce de leche mixed in. Can’t wait to try this again at 4 weeks, assuming it will get noticably richer. Not a stand alone flavor for me, but oh what it will add to my mixes! I’m guessing 2-6% in blends.

@4 week steep. This is very very authentic and delicious. I’m not getting any hints of dulce de leche now that it has steeped. Pure thick sweet rich cream, great mouth feel. This will be getting a lot of use. Among many others, I can see replacing sweet cream with this. It’s thicker and creamier. Can’t wait to play. Cakes, custards, ice cream, 7 layer bars…mmmmmmmmm.

Coconut Cream Pie: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is a delicious, sweet, creamy, strong and authentic flavored coconut cream pie. Even at only 1 week steep, it’s very well balanced to me. Great ratio of crust to creamy coconut filling, topped with thick layers of real whipped cream. I can easily see this as a stand alone ADV. Can’t wait to taste this at 4 weeks, I really like this one. I can see it being changed very easily as well depending on what you are in the mood for. An extra touch of sweetened coconut, or pie crust. Or even a touch of graham cracker to change it to a graham crust. Maybe even pineapple for pineapple coconut pie? Or Pina Colada. Mmmmmm, so good!

@4 week steep. I’m even more in love with this. It will definitely be one of my ADVs. Still very well balanced, slightly sweeter, even more thick mouth feel. It has gotten more creamy and much deeper flavor. This might be my favorite. Maybe.

Cake Batter: 10% @ 1 week steep. Generic sweetness. I’m just getting a pleasant sweetness, and maybe if I concentrate really hard a hint of frosting? Not really sure, can’t pick up any specific flavor, it’s more than just sweetened VG, but indistinguishable at this point. Maybe this needs a full steep, will try again at 4 weeks, hopefully it will develop further. If it doesn’t change, I don’t really see a use for it.

@4 week steep. This hasn’t changed much with a steep. Maybe sweeter and a little thicker? Still generic sweetness, not getting any cake batter from this. It’s not awful, but not cake batter. At this point the only use I might use it for is a sweetener? Would have to test it in something and see how it does. I wouldn’t buy this one again.

Lemon Cake: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is very good, I really like it. It’s very flavorful at just 1 week, so might be a good S&V? I didn’t try, but I also never S&V, I always give a minimum of 24hrs for flavors to blend. Lemon pound cake glazed with sweet icing, also reminds me of the filling of lemon meringue pie just a little less tart. They did an excellent job with this one, well balanced with cake definitely there. Realistic slightly acidic lemon without being bitter or harsh. No window cleaner on this one. It’s very sweet. I could and will easily ADV this stand alone. I can also see it being great to make lemon cookies, or even a great base for a lemon meringue pie if you add a touch of lime for tartness, crust, and some meringue. I see a lot of uses for this in my future. I really hope the lemon stays prominent with steeping, so hard to find lemons that do. I would start at 2-4% in mixes. I will update at 4 week steep!

@4 week steep. This is still a good lemon. It has muted just slightly with steep as is common with lemon, but very small difference. However, the cake has almost completely disappeared to me. Still very sweet. I can see this being used for a lot of mixes. This is the strongest lemon that has survived a steep I’ve tried yet. Haven’t had INW or FE yet. I’m still getting the icing too, but the cake has faded a lot, it’s still there, but barely. I am going to try this at a higher percentage and see how it does, maybe 15%? If that doesn’t work, I will use it more as a S&V and not mix more than a week’s worth at a time, because that first week it was amazing. I still think it will be great in other recipes for a thicker slightly creamy lemon that won’t fade as much. Will be using this a lot.

Orange Cream: 10% @ 1 week steep. I like this one as well. It is a very good realistic slightly sweet orange, not that artificial orange flavoring found in most orange creams. Smooth and no harsh throat hit at all. However, the cream is very light with a tiny hint of vanilla and hides behind the orange. Just get a hint of it on exhale. Hopefully the cream will strengthen with a normal 4 week steep as it’s a lovely flavor. If the cream doesn’t come out to play, I would tend to use this more as just a plain realistic orange. But I expect the creams to develop more with time, haven’t met one yet that doesn’t.

@4 week steep. This is still very very light in the cream department, I probably wouldn’t notice it much if I wasn’t looking for it. It’s still a very realistic slightly sweet orange flavor. Not in your face acidic. Good, but not sure if it’s strong enough to hold up to the added creams that would be required to make it a true orange cream flavor. I don’t see a use for it for me. Please remember that taste is subjective, and while this might not hit the spot for me, it’s not a bad flavor either. Just not in my wheelhouse.

Cinnamon Custard: 10% @ 1 week steep. I’m in love! Even at only 1 week steep! Delicious warm sweet vanilla pudding with freshly ground cinnamon. As others have said, this is the same cinnamon as in their bread pudding. This reminds me very much of rich rice pudding with cinnamon, minus the rice. Creamy, thick, warm, OMG ADV stand alone flavor. Can’t wait to try this at a 4-8 week steep, I can only imagine. I need to make a lot of this or none will make it to a full steep. Did I mention I’m in love :wink: You must get if you are a custard lover like me. Or if you want an amazing cinnamon.

@4 week steep. I am still in love. This has thickened slightly, and the cinnamon has really settled in. This is a cinnamon heavy custard, not just a hint. Very well balanced, not overwhelming, and the fresh ground cinnamon flavor has survived the steep. A very unique and one of a kind custard. I will be using this in many bakery/dessert recipes, as well as a SF.

Blue Raz: 10% @ 1 week steep. Well, to be honest, I have never had blue raspberry. And I know that blue raspberry slushies probably tastes nothing like the real fruit, I have no clue. But this tastes very much like a blue raspberry slushie. Without being sickening sweet, nor artificial. I need to order Koolada. I bet it would take this over the top for summer. I’ve always been a custard and dessert vaper, so not sure where to go with it. It’s very good, just a bit out of my comfort zone. Will have to find my imagination for this one. Is a bright medium sweet berry, very different from all the usual berries when you want something to break the monotony.

@4 week steep. This has gotten noticably sweeter, and raspberry has moved a little more to the front. This is less slush now that it has steeped, and maybe more rancher candy now? Maybe because of the sweetness. Either way, it’s very good. I’m working a white chocolate blue razz cheesecake with this right now, no clue how it will turn out. Thinking blue raspberries & cream too? Need my imagination to kick into gear :frowning:

Shamrock Shake: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is the first one from RF that disappointented me. It’s not a bad flavor, just not Shamrock Shake. I’m not sure if it’s because my expectations were too high. Or because this flavor needs a long steep to develop. I’m hoping it’s the latter, and wouldn’t be surprised if it is. Seems like most mints and creams need a good steep by themselves, much less together. On the inhale, of course is sweet mint. Not overwhelming, very good level. On the exhale I get a generic cream with maybe a hint of chocolate chips? I was looking for the in your face know right away shake. If someone handed me a tank of this to try, and I didn’t know what was in it, I would guess it is some type of creamy mint. If I try hard I can find hints of Shamrock Shake though, so I’m still hopeful. I will wait to rate until a longer steep.

@4 week steep. Very nice thick sweet creamy vanilla mint milkshake. Still only hints of Shamrock Shake. I like it, very refreshing. I don’t taste any hints of chocolate chips anymore, and very close to the shake. But, just not all the way there. I can see myself vaping this often for the summer. The mint gives it a hint of cooling. I am going to raise this and try again at 15%, might just need more to get the full shamrock? But if not, it’s still a very good vanilla mint shake.

Bread Pudding: Tested at 10 day steep 15% standalone. Very good, not too rich, could adv easily by itself. Flavor is good at this percentage, but deepens and strengthens a lot near the 4 week steep mark. Try at 3-4 weeks before raising percentage. Well balanced, just a light hint of cinnamon and really an authentic bread pudding. For my personal tastes would like a hint more vanilla. Would be great with a vanilla or caramel sauce, or topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Lots of possibilities with this one. I have noticed with this brand of flavorings that they really come out at/after 4 weeks. Probably because of the vg, but worth waiting for!

@4week steep. This is even more delicious with steeping. Very good SF for me in a tank at 15%. I have made a few recipes, and this flavor is a little touchy. 2-3% creams added to it in any combination has a tendency to mute it. A clear baking type vanilla Like FA Classic or Tahiti accents it very well if you like more vanilla. I do have one with whipped cream and one with vanilla sauce that is very good, but I had to keep the bread pudding up at 12% and creams under/around 3%. I will be vaping this a lot, awesome bread pudding and hard to find flavor. They do it well.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Tested at 10 day steep at 15%. Very sweet. In all fairness, I have found Real Flavors to get so much stronger and better with a month steep, probably because of the vg, This may end up being fantastic after a full 30 days. I will update notes when I get there.They nailed the cooked pineapple flavor aspect, but for stand alone it needs support. Has a sweet cooked pineapple with a slight background of cakeyness and hint of brown sugar. Good starting point, haven’t found that cooked pineapple flavor anywhere else. I think with some help from more yellow cake, a little richness from butter, and a bit of caramel and brown sugar to provide that caramelization it will be good. It is very sweet though, so the challenge will be to add the caramel and brown sugar without more sweetness. Might add a bit of FA Fresh Cream to tone down the sweetness and help with keeping the cake moist.

@4 week steep. Ok, I didn’t like this as a SF, so I started making my version using this as the main base flavor. And I can’t find my tester, so I must have dumped it, so I can’t give an accurate opinion after steeping. I will say it delicious in my recipe and I’m loving it :slight_smile:

22 Likes

@MysticRose this is an impressive bit of work. As I teeter on the edge of a huge flavor buy this was very important for me …much appreciation~! :clap:

2 Likes

Excellent review!

I am going to try upping the percentages and letting them sit for a month. I am really not use to using such high percentages and really long steep times. I have to admit that the flavors are pretty tasty, the only ones I didn’t care much for were Creme Brulee and Apple Pie, there not terrible, just not great.

1 Like

Thank you. Please remember it’s only my opinion. I have had such difficulty getting any reviews on the Real Flavors brand, hopefully this will help some, and get some feedback going for them. I always research tasting notes and reviews before buying as I am on a limited budget and every purchase counts. Hoping we will all start being able to get more info and recommendations on this brand. I still have to add the 4 week steep notes to my flavors in the database, but I will get that done later today. Hopefully :wink:

2 Likes

I can second this opinion about RF Vanilla Custard from personal experience. My next tester will probably be at 15%.

I also agree with your findings about Cake Batter. It’s nice and sweet, but beyond that I’m not getting a specific flavor from it.

You’ve got me really psyched to try the Coconut Cream Pie I’ve had steeping for almost a month now!

I’m currently vaping a tank of 8% RF Cookies and Cream + 4% RF Vanilla Ice Cream. It’s makes a pretty decent Oreo Shake! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent review, young lady! I know you say its just your opinion, but your opinion is an asset to this thread! Thanks so much for taking the time!

4 Likes

By the way, for the first time… ever, I took my wife flavor shopping with me. One of Walt’s vendors for Real Flavors is near by in Waterford so we went down there… I was planning to buy about four flavors… came home with twelve, and she’s going to help me test a German Black Forest Cake recipe I’m in the works on putting together.

Anyways, thank you so much my dear, it definitely helps me with my expectations for Real Flavors and how to use them coming up here in the near future. Whatever you need from me in further testing… let’s put our heads together, I’m getting a write up done on the following flavors:

• Strawberry Shake
  • Strawberries & Cream
  • Cheesecake
  • Banana
  • Caramel
  • French Vanilla Cappuccino
  • Chocolate Cake (New Addition thanks to the Mrs.)
  • Lemonade (New Addition thanks to the Mrs.)
  • Cinnamon Donut (New Addition thanks to the Mrs.)
3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s my favorite. I think. Can’t decide between that, cinnamon custard, or bread pudding.

How is that Vanilla Ice Cream? Have you tried it stand alone? Do tell :wink:

You all are very welcome.

I’m watching for it. There are a few there I was curious about, so can’t wait to hear your take on them!

And a huge thank you for this statement :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ll tell you this right now, Chocolate Cake = Thank God you can’t gain weight from vaping directly. Also my Galadriel’s Gift is good and I’m running out of the batch to steep longer, and I’m not losing sleep over it either. The kicker is, is that it’s only three days old

3 Likes

Care to share that recipe? I might have to try that chocolate cake, onto the wish list it goes. With all the flavors I tested, I have a longer list now. I am glad I got the sampler sizes, but I think 7 or 8 are on my shopping list now. Tbh, I haven’t found a chocolate vape I care for yet, but this might be it huh. Please let me know how it tastes after a 4 week steep if it makes it that long :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the wonderful review , it is much appreciated! I don’t know if you happen to have Flavorah Creme de Menthe but if so I highly recommend adding it to the Real Flavors Shamrock Shake.I am loving the combination of those two flavors and I know taste is very subjective but I get just the right amount of chocolate.
Here is the mix I have been using , I have gone through almost a full 120ml in the past two weeks.

Kiss The Blarney Stone

Ingredient%
Creme de Menthe (Flavorah)1.5
Shamrock Shake (Real Flavors)6
Sugar Cookie (Real Flavors)3
Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)3
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)1

Flavor total: 14.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

Well of course I don’t…on to the list it goes…along with the sugar cookie as I only have CAP and TFA…lmao. I just love this forum, everyone is so helpful at helping each other spend money :raised_hands:

Thank you for the recipe, have it on my list too.

Truly though, I do love this forum, everyone is so honest, helpful, and truly caring. Thanks everyone!!! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Sugar Cookie would not be mandatory , I added it as an earlier experiment with the Vanilla Custard from Real Flavors.I do like the added sweetness and flavor from those two together , they work without it turning into a heavy bakery profile.
The Creme de Menthe (Flavorah) is simply wonderful by itself though and I think you will love it.Some do not get the Chocolate flavor like I do though.I think @JoJo describes the flavor same as I , reminiscent of an Andes mint.

1 Like

With your tanks, what kind of build/ohms are you doing?..MTL of DL hits…wattages?..SS or Kanthal?..Are the 4 week steep juices giving a super bold flavor profile OR is the flavor mild?..

I experimented with some of these Real Flavors at 18% with only a 2 week steep, and found them to be fairly mild in taste…but you have peaked my curiosity and I’m wondering if the 2 additional week steep makes a significant difference…

1 Like

Even at 3 weeks, they are mild - but that is the key, there is nothing overpowering about them as a standalone.

As a single flavor base however - they are almost integral to set up as a foundation and throw in other flavors as more accents to highlight tones.

However, and another one of our wonderful experimenters is almost two weeks ahead of me for long term steeping on some flavors in watching for as well.

1 Like