Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Yeah who am I kidding, I’m not going to let this steep. I need to make another bottle and forget about it till Easter.

4 Likes

Thank you, lovely :smile:

2 Likes

I got mine on the 14th and mixed a 20ml bottle with the intention on “letting it steep”… it’s gone now lol :astonished:

4 Likes

Yep, that’s where I’m headed too. This 30ml bottle will be gone in a few days.

4 Likes

lol, this is why I try and make at least 6 or 7 x 20 ml testers at a time and leave then downstairs in the lab. I currently have 14 new RF SC testers down there mixed up this month… and just sent @Walt_RealFlavors a DM about ordering 26 more new flavors for will call pickup. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this… I was just getting ready to transfer the Blood Orange (SC) I had received the other day into a glass bottle (just got my new bottles in today) and I noticed the concentrate has separated. If you look closely at the image you can see a “cloudy film” at the top on the liquid that actually descends like threads into the body of the rest of the liquid. Of course I’ll shake prior to transferring but it kinda surprised me to see actual separation of the base ingredient.

2 Likes

I mixed 2x10ml samples because i knew i would just end up eating one and i did. Happens more than i care to admit…

2 Likes

Shhh, that’s Walt super secret and special ingredient. :wink:

I have seen many concentrates separate. Wait until you get the Cola Type, i think thats the one that i invented new swear words while mixing. Fantastic flavor tho.

3 Likes

Ok, one of my favorite recipes uses 8% of TPA strawberry ripe. Could I sub RF SC strawberry in place at a much lower percentage and if so how much?

2 Likes

Does anyone know, if I log into my account and put things in my cart, will they stay in my cart until I buy them or are they attached to cookies. My cookies get deleted frequently. I had a hand written list but I keep losing it and have to start over. :pensive:

1 Like

I always start at 1/4 of whatever the tpa/cap/etc flavor is when I’m subbing sc flavors. So for that recipe I’d try 2%.

4 Likes

nods… like I said not really worried… I was moving some of my stuff around the other day and I think it was the Cocoa (FA) bottle I had, had really separated, had a half inch sediment on the bottom of the bottle that took awhile of shaking to re-mix it (I’ve only used the ingredient a couple times, so it’s just been sitting and settling for months and months on the shelf). I think it’s @Walt_RealFlavors swag he said he had lol…

1 Like

Thanks! Bunches of these :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Mate I would start it a bit lower than 2% - but i am generally fairly low % wise on the rf - i would start at about 1.2%

3 Likes

Thanks! But no kisses for you. Sorrry.

3 Likes

I don’t know, but you could always add them to your shopping list on the calculator side. It doesn’t get lost, and once you purchase it you can just click the arrow to add it to your stash :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh sweet lord, that list is already dozens and dozens, lol. :joy:

2 Likes

That’s my list…if you log into your account you add your own flavors you want. I need to go through mine. I’ve gotten some already and changed my mind on others.

3 Likes

Or I could write the list on the wall by my couch so I don’t lose it. I have to paint in here this summer anyway, lol.

3 Likes

Or use a stand alone program that you can add your current ingredients to and a shopping list for items you want to get in the future.

1 Like