Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Great reviews. Glad I found them as I was reordering and did a quick search to see what I should try
Thanks @SessionDrummer

2 Likes

The Black Cherry Jellybean SC and from the old range tahitian vanilla cream I really like from wonder flavors, have to say not thought much of the others I have tried, which is quite a few. I did find the same with Real Flavors…still have bottles from the VG line and half of them never steeped. Of the SC line I was not a fan at all either really, so many were still really lacking in flavour or body which is what I found with wonder flavors…however there are quite a few real flavors ones I do really like, its finding the ones for you. I like all the real flavors fruit taffy flavours, pazcki, grape, ice cream sandwich, cotton candy, meringue amongst others…the list would be twice as long for ones I didnt like, but that could be the same for a lot of vendors.

5 Likes

I started making my own juice few moths ago & only 1 recipe I did well 2 turned out darth vapour wasso like the 1 I was addicted to but not having mush luck with any more I keep adding flavour so far got 9 btls steeping but resorted to buying the oneshot ready mixed flavour kits from darkstar there candycane was amazing & gingerbread man is still steeping , then I got starter pack from brews bros cowardly custard is 4 week steep & killer cereal also & applelaw too, & monster flavour energy drink all are 250ml but they are good compared to my homemade stuff I have got over 50 flavours scales etc but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong , I nded up spending a fortune on good brand juice 12 x 100ml btls & 4 x 120ml all different makes too do till all mines are ready , been watching youtube vids this helps but you seem to be really good are you American ? I from Scotland I loved reading all your stuff your really clued up lol wish I was but where theres a will theres a way been off the cigs 2yrs, I have emphysema 14yrs just out hospital was on oxygen for 10 days I’m still ill but I cant stop vaping I use 3mg nicotine but starting to use omg now

7 Likes

Hi there! Welcome to ELR! I’m not sure if you were commenting to one person or the whole group here, but I’ll jump in! I am an American (Southern North America :wink: )

A couple of things I’d like to mention:
The thread you posted in is for discussing a particular flavor company and type of flavoring they make, with notes on how they work and taste, ie. Flavor Notes. If you can’t create a topic in the forum yet, you can search for a thread with a similar theme to this and post there to get better and quicker replies that can help you out.
http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=Beginner%20mixing%20tips
Also, if you want any advice on how to improve your recipes, people are going to ask to see the recipes you’re having trouble with, and want to see your “flavor stash” to know what you’re using in the recipes and what other options you have. So, make sure to enter all of your flavors properly on the recipe side of ELR(home). And, make sure to click the part that says it’s ok for others to view your stash.
Other than that, spend a lot of time reading the beginner threads and guides. Searching the forum and recipe site for info on the flavors you’re working with, and if you can’t find the answers around the site, find a similar subject thread and ask! Lots of helpful and experienced mixers here.
Good luck and have fun!

9 Likes

it might be a bit too late to ask…but any chance of all you guys sharing what kit/ wattage you were using? That could be what’s making the difference, couldn’t it?

I got the cheesecake with my latest RF order. But right now it’s on my TSTM (too scared to mix ) shelf :grin:
Well. OK, that might be a slight exaggeration . Fact is, I’ve got to many flavours to try out all at once, wouldn’t you know it? and i’m gravitating more towards the ones that I seriously expect to like! These reviews are pushing it further back in the queue!

2 Likes

PS, on a related note, i just posted this in another thread:

the last part being a reference to my finding that the RFSC Cola Type tastes disgusting at anything beginning to tiptoe in the direction of a hot vape. That one really needs to be kept cool!

2 Likes

I have the circus animal cookies and am currently testing, will provide notes if anyone is interested.

RF SC hype has died down since the flavor fade issues have arose as well as the general hollow flavor. Only reason I got this flavor is because bull city had it in stock.

If anyone had notes on this flavor, fire away but from a weeks steep I can already tell it’s accurate but weak. Sadly…

4 Likes

Personally, I couldn’t disagree more. I am still a Huge fan of the (SC) line. In fact I have been recently playing around with two of RFs Super Concentrates. Yumberry & the Soda base, both have been excellent.
Regarding the fade issue, I don’t think it’s fair to paint with a broad brush. I know there have been some who have said they have an issue with a couple of flavor concentrates (I haven’t experienced that).
Honestly it can be said that every manufacturer of flavor concentrates has their strong offerings. And a few that just don’t hold up to the consumers expectations. Just my two cents, for what it’s worth :grinning::+1:

11 Likes

What percentage do you use the soda base at in a mix. Just got it and used it at 2%, and it seems a bit sharp or harsh? I’ve used all the other flavors in the recipe without issue. Was going to remix with it at 1% and try again.

Do you have a specific range of percenages you like?

3 Likes

Mark’s notes are here:

3 Likes

Hi @MysticRose I really like the Soda base at 2% in Mix. Keeping in mind though that I have been using very pronounced Fruit flavors such as Strawberry, Grape, Blackberry. I think that maybe mixing something like a Cream Soda or ButterBeer that i May be inclined to use a lower percentage.
I see nothing wrong with giving it a go at 1% if you are not happy with your end result.

5 Likes

It’s actually an orange cream soda, so I was thinking the orange is contributing to the sharpness. I have a grape cream soda with the 2% I will be trying tomorrow, so I guess that will tell me for sure. I am liking it a lot. I never thought a flavor could mimic that tingly mouthfeel, but this really does and I am honestly shocked. I wasn’t even going to give it a chance, I’m glad I did now.

I’m also noticing that now that I’ve been vaping it for a couple hours, the sharpness has either settled down or I’ve adjusted to it a bit.

Thank you for your advice!

7 Likes

I get that sharp/harsh feel from several of the rf sc flavors, some of them I need to steep for 2+ months to get it to go away, like I love the cookies and cream but it has to sit for 7-8 weeks for the throat hit to become manageable, makes it hard to mix with but I love the flavor from it so much lol

3 Likes

I have quite a few of their flavors also, and do have a few that have a harsh note until steeped. Not all of them though, just the odd one here or there. I have sensitivities to certain flavors also, from all brands. I think we all have different reactions, just like to meds.

4 Likes

I completely agree

1 Like

Other than Cookies & Cream, what are some of the others that cause this harshness for you? Curious because I haven’t experienced this with any RF I use. I haven’t tried the C&C, though, so wondering if the others are also flavors I haven’t tried.

2 Likes

Black Label Banana: Has anyone tested this out yet? I figured there would be notes in the database by now!

I’ve used it in a few mixes so far, and it is difficult to figure out. Compared to regular Banana RFSC, it is much more subtle/delicate and warmer/more ripe/real. It’s more difficult for me to detect than the regular, which is very good and very noticeable in a mix.

I am just about to have a mixing session, so I’ll knock out a few SFT @ 1, 2.5 and 5% and see how it goes.

Edit: Woohoo! I’ll get to the bottom of these and write some notes!

5 Likes

The cookies and creme was the first, and after a 4-5 week steep it goes way down, fully gone at 2 months. I do a 6 week single flavor test run on almost all new flavors I get, and am about to wrap up sft on rfsc Pina colada, chocolate milkshake, strawberry milkshake, fruity pebbles type, raspberry, blueberry, and lemon cookie, of all of these flavors the only one I didn’t get some kind of harshness from was the blueberry. I’m in week 5 this week and the only flavor that remains slightly harsh is the Pina colada, and that’s only on higher wattage setups. All of the sc flavors I have tried from rf, even the fruits, seem to need at least 3 weeks to become a smooth vape for me, some more some less. Idk what it is that makes it hit my throat like that but I haven’t had one not steep out yet. It doesn’t matter to me, my primary Vapes are custards so I’m used to mixing stuff now for next month lol

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I haven’t tried any of those! I have quite a few of the SC and like most of them. Really, the Cheesecake is the only one I don’t like. Thought I did in the beginning, but my taste finally caught up with the consensus. Still haven’t had any harsh hits from any. Sorry to see you’re sensitive to them, but glad you can steep it out!

1 Like

It’s ok, I seem to get a little harshness from a lot of Different flavors, mostly fruits. i have learned to work around it by adding things to fruit to mellow it out, like creams and for some reason candy flavors like tfa sweet & tart seem to take the edge off without a long steep. It works out though, if I’m vaping fruit I want it to be creamy or candy anyway lol. The rf sc chocolate milkshake has a lot of potential, so far I have only tested it in the 30-45 watt range, this week it will get dripped on some 70w+ setups, but as of my current tests it tastes like the Hershey syrup that came in the can, idk if you can even buy that kind anymore lol not really a milkshake but a great chocolate flavor. I have liked the majority of the rfsc flavors I have tried, and the soda base is quickly becoming part of every fruit and candy mix I make. The aged bourbon creme is glorious, I made a custard recipe built around it lol and I’m working on one with fa oak wood and the aged bourbon creme with a lil toasted marshmallow.

4 Likes