Recipe Etiquette. Dos ,Donts and more

Ya or people following will pick it up…I use to adapt my own recipe to make sure it was on first page also…It get buried so fast it doesnt matter

7 Likes

I did discreetly call him out. He knows he was wrong, I’m sure he’ll continue to do it. No, I didn’t report it. It’s public, it’s the risk we all take I suppose for sharing recipes. I will be cautious of what I share now though unfortunately.

8 Likes

No because at the time it was only posted on ATF, I had copied over from here. But since he’s on a mixing show some of us watch, he could have credited me at in the notes lol It’s just irritating.

8 Likes

That stinks. And, yes…“he’ll continue to do it.”

6 Likes

Yes he will. It’s happened to other mixers, so I’m definitely not the first, or last. By the way, your recipes look delicious!

7 Likes

If you let us know what show we can boycott the show until he comes clean about what he’s been doing.

6 Likes

She seems to not raise feathers. If he’s selling one shots on Facebook he won’t last long.

7 Likes

A couple years ago, I’ve kept it to myself and I can “relate”. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Now, About your recipe. Mixed it earlier this a.m. The only thing I had to sub was the CAP
Cookie Crumble. I used what I have which is WF Crumble Topping 1.5%. This smells
awesome and will give it some steep time of course! :+1:

6 Likes

No the guy who’s selling one shots is just from FB. The guy who sniped my toffee butter recipe and called it his is from a mixing show.

6 Likes

He sells nic, rebranded flavors, vg/pg, and clearly now, one shots . I don’t know if he used to have a business but I’ve seen some of the nic that people have bought. Let’s just say I hope he’s selling it cheap. It’s just the nature of the game I guess. It’s not like I was selling it. It’s just a grimy thing to do.

6 Likes

I would still complain to Flavorah (ATF). With the statement that they make to the poster of recipes. I know it’s not binding but they can still block him from ATF. Without giving credit it stealing. Why would anyone post a recipe at ATF if it’s being stolen?

8 Likes

Just wondering but what cc license did you put on it in ATF?

6 Likes

@Lynda_Marie, @rcleven, @McDuckie, @TakeMeToTheSea, @D.Sims, I’m going to have Fidalgo EXFIL this conversation to a new thread, as it seems like it’s pretty important, and needs it’s own thread. That way it can run continuous thread, uninterupted.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Isnt this the one i made private the other day? Or is it another?

I will make a recipe private if the original owner contacts me or i see a comment on the other side.

To everyone, please feel free to reach out to me with these issues.

6 Likes

This is the one

7 Likes

Oh jeez, I’ve been mind crafting the Banana / Toffee (Butter) combo myself… now I don’t even want to go there :joy: I’ll just mix up Lynda’s

9 Likes

Yep, that was a different one. I made it private with a message to link to or give a shout-out to the creator.

I dont remember which one i made private the other day but it was one you had also commented on.

Just give me a holler with any issues.

7 Likes

Those license agreements dont mean anything…

7 Likes

True the CC license does protect All the Flavors and their Parent company, but as far as ATF paying out huge court fees to get some one to stop stealing your recipes. NOPE NOT HAPPENING!!! Share at your own risk.

8 Likes