Recipe Etiquette. Dos ,Donts and more

Take a screenshot and post that with it. That’ll put your mind at ease.

6 Likes

No real need to. I keep some originals on hand for usually a couple months after putting up a recipe and have never posted them. This way I don’t have to think about it if someone comes along who needs to see…I’ll just send it in a PM. :v:

8 Likes

This discussion is particularly interesting but at the same time somewhat strange. Let me explain: no one forces anyone else to publicly disclose their recipes, especially those of the layers, which we well know, will be the basis for secondary or tertiary use. In my humble opinion, whether it is right or not, and we know the injustice that drives the modern world, sharing means regardless of giving up potential profit, direct or indirect, of one’s intellectual works, the recipes are such, hoping for fair play and honesty of those who will come into possession of it or in the binary recognition, in terms of donations, of those who believe they are deserving. Unfortunately, a world populated by just and upright people remains an utopia that is unlikely to be realized.

10 Likes

100% correct. We choose to make recipes public, and therefore sharing with the interwebs. My only issue not having human decency. My mistake thinking that everyone will have decency.

14 Likes

I dont understand why people want to steal recipes. The whole joy and satifaction is coming up with a great recipe. It makes me proud when people enjoy something i made.

Even from a business whats the point of someone being in a business if they cant even make the product themselves.Go find something else you can do

10 Likes

It’s slimy but can’t judge the guy. We don’t know what’s going on in this person’s life. It may be he really needs money to support his home and family.

9 Likes

You know the only thing that I would have like to see? My name on the label. That’s it. You’re completely right, maybe he needs the money. I don’t even think the one shot was a lot of money actually. Just credit would have been decent.

13 Likes

Agreed, it doesn’t cost anything to give due credit, and that’s what makes it egregious.

10 Likes

We live in an era where quantity matters more than quality. From this perspective, it becomes difficult to give due credit to the discoveries of others because nothing has any value in itself. The only value that is now established is that of profit; profit in its worst sense: fast and without any scruples. Good peace for those who still have moral values, we are now obsolete and in the process of extinction.

9 Likes

The world has never been just.

There has never been an utopia. The word is nothing more than an idea and a silly one at that. It is the province of dreamers and marxists.

People are generally good. There is so much hand-wringing and moral pontification by those who deem themselves to be fair and moral while the majority are viewed as not. The fact of the world is that the vast majority of people are decent and law abiding citizens.

Do we cheat, lie and steal here and there? Yes, we all do. However, we go through our lives every day encountering people who don’t do these things to us. If we were all so bad these things would be an everyday occurrence, we wouldn’t be able to leave our homes without being victims of some crime or injustice on a daily basis.

It’s similar to drivers. Everyday we see hundreds if not thousands of other drivers and we make it through the day without an accident. Yet, when that one jerk cuts us off or parks incorrectly, we tend to think that many more of the drivers are idiots or a’holes. But they’re not, we just want to think that because it makes us think we’re good drivers.

It’s the same with the idea that others are immoral or unjust. Put into the right situation we can all become mass murderers but the day to day reality is people are just fine with each other.

As to the topic at hand, the discussion centers on a couple of people that have appropriated public property and claimed it as their own. How many people have seen these recipes? It has to be thousands at least. But how many are being discussed here? Maybe two, maybe a dozen. We have a tendency to spread the blame a bit too far. This is how many are punished because of the few. We all have encountered rules and laws that are ludicrous and far-reaching.

The tenor of the last few years in the West is the stringent and unthinking belief that simply by thinking and saying certain things we identify ourselves as being morally righteous. Never have so many been so indignant yet so lazy, too busy with their perceived virtue to view the world as it is, not as how they want it to be.

Yes, we all can be, and have been, idiots and a’holes, some more than others. Even though we’re all flawed, we’re all basically good. The way I see it, there are very few options in how we view our fellow citizens. I prefer the half-full and let’s keep the judging to a minimum approach.

9 Likes

While I agree with everything you mentioned, I would still like to think that some decency, even if it’s less than 0.5% still exists.
I’m sure those who are using someone else’s recipes know that they can do whatever they want with it since there are no legal roadblocks to doing so, but some acknowledgment to the creator would be nice.

Call me a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.

11 Likes

@Lynda_Marie I hate that someone is making money off your recipe and not even giving credit where credit is due. I would feel slighted if that happened to me. “Take the money if you must but don’t steal someone else’s honor.”

10 Likes

That’s the whole thing of it. :worried:

12 Likes

Well, we know who you are and have your back, if that’s any consolation. If I ever see your juice being peddled around someone will get a piece of my mind. People who don’t DIY have no idea how much hard work goes into it.

10 Likes

If anyone steals my MAGA recipe, I’m sending my meat eating cat and dog on ur ass, beware they are vicious , right now they laying down in front of the wood stove passed out sleeping. Don’t make me have to sick them on you !!!

12 Likes
11 Likes