Reddit DIY

Not walls of text mate.

2 Likes

Yes, walls of text too, all in relation to the issue at hand. Perhaps you should read some of them.

3 Likes

I have. Being derogatory is just tiresome.

2 Likes

LOL, and still, you cannot see the connection ?? !!!

4 Likes

Asked and answered Squirrel.

2 Likes

“It’s an open secret that a few dozen or so individuals control the top 100 or so subreddits, and calling that fact out is often met with site wide bans.”

This statement is true, there was a post in another post that detailed users and even went as far as tracking posts of a moderator and one account would make multiple posts within seconds of each other… if those twitter files found that social media platforms have been censoring and shadow banning, even Zuckerberg admitted to it recently, but reddit was blatantly obvious. Even when people caught on their (most) post history was made private afaik…

In some it’s more than that

3 Likes

It is the perennial issue of you posting things in their entirety without adding any context of any kind.

It’s something I have raised with you many times before.

2 Likes

Just wondering are you all sure that the original post wasn’t the Reddit AI that has escaped and looking for a new home I’m just saying because I have no clue to what they are asking

3 Likes

@SquirrelSmash clearly, you prefer to be argumentative, and that’s fine. I am tiring of having to RE-explain this to you, someone who claims to be so well read. You seem to be missing the bigger picture here, again.

The OP posted that he could NOT login to his Subs, subs were marked “Private”. You mentioned a strike, I/we researched it, and posted the findings. Early on in the thread, as I have already posted once, the OP’s question, was asked, and answered. Story over. Period.

Now, we are digging further into WHAT is going on, how LONG it may last, etc.

If you continue to post complaints about “off topic”, they will continue to fall on deaf ears. The OP’s question, has been answered, and the reason has been posted.

If you do not wish to continue delving into what’s going on, then that is YOUR choice. The rest of us, may choose to do so. Please feel free to skip if that is your desire or preference.

6 Likes

@Grabbo now THAT, was a good one, hehe, I hadn’t thought of that.

3 Likes

I was never a big Reddit guy… ELR served me perfectly for my vaping needs- and acquired a few friends along the way!! :innocent::muscle:

5 Likes

I’ve taken a LOT of grief over at Reddit for differing things, and there ARE some good people there, including some of the (gasp), MODS, hehe, but despite it being HUGE, the formatting/posting issues are a PITA, and if you miss a rule or something of the like, it can be very unforgiving. I get that it’s got something about EVERYTHING, and that’s good, but if you can’t easily find it, what’s the point. I still dump there, but can’t see myself living in any of the subs.

6 Likes

What a pity there are (were?) some useful 3ds/posts about flavour tasting and notes, are those still there or gone private?
I’m a fairly simple man and never ever loved or understood that interface, probably too old (Telnet/Dial-up BBS generation) a part from the above, won’t miss it.

3 Likes

Some of the Reddit content is available here,

5 Likes

@Iv3shf not sure how it will play out, but every time I try to go to a sub that I’ve been using, all have been “Marked Private”. Time will tell.

3 Likes

This has not been their first blackout, but this time they’ve (DIY reddit) said it could be forever. The last time it was brief. There was even a recipe created called ‘Blackout’ that eulogized the event.

5 Likes

Good find @big_vape.

3 Likes

Not a find. I actually made that shortly after it was published, late 2015. I started DIY right around XMas that year. Back when he was well respected in that sub-reddit.

There were some very influential mixers in there. Abdada, botboy, skiddlzninja, notcharlesmanson, fizzmustard, newamsterdamvape, anniesixstrings, concreteriver, emily, and kokanda. Dave ID10t was a new mixer at the time.

3 Likes

A good find for me. I didn’t even know that this had happened in 2015.

3 Likes

They sub Reddit is done. Discord is still there.

3 Likes