[REQ] Smoke crossroads Coconut Bay and Carolina Menthol

Yes, we absolutely did! And your advice was very helpful. You suggested I try the RY4, and I wouldn’t have ordered that regularly. But I love it!! It’s the main flavor in my new ADV recipe, Candybeca, I found it here! It’s so amazing, I can’t believe that I mixed it myself! I want to hug the person who figured out that recipe! As for coconut bay, because I found the recipe in an awkward way, now I am back tracking to figure out what I need to do with my percentages, but having the flavors is a huge step! I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without your help and the help of all of the other recipies I looked at!

3 Likes

Flavors are ordered, and I couldn’t resist a few extra while I was on @Nicotine_River Lol! It was my first order with them, and I love trying new flavors! I am very excited about the biscuit and jam flavor that I ordered. It looks so interesting!

3 Likes

My recipie, as it stands comes out to a good flavor, but not the right flavor. I think that I have to try some math again. I used 7 drops to represent 7%, and I have very rough measurement for how many parts of a ML 14 drops add up to. So if I divide that in half, that is the quantity of 7 drops. And that amount multiplied by the mixing % of the flavor should give me the actual amount of concentrate used. If I add together the total amount used and figure out the percentage of each flavor in the total, that will give me a closer representation of the recipe I concocted. Luckily, all the flavors were all in the exact same type of dropper. So, the drops were all similar in size. I obvious came up with this recipe by dumb luck, not talent. Lol!! :joy: I only have crude measurements of the drops, but they will head me in the right direction! I will know what concentates I used the most of, and by how much. I can build the new percentages into a recipe, try it and go from there. I think that will work. Unless someone else has a better suggestion! Because I think I fried my brain just thinking about this! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Definitely not skill or talent! My recipe, as it stands, fell on its face when I made it. Its good, but not right. I def. only had dumb luck working for me!! :joy: I will keep trying though. I know my flavors. I know how much the flavors were diluted when I made them. It will take a few tries, but I will get there!

2 Likes

I ordered this! Can’t wait to try it!!!

1 Like

Are you using the calculator? You can set it to drops (although you’ll get a much more consistent recipe with syringes or a scale…pssst… Get a scale!! :wink: ).

3 Likes

I just put cocopilada in my NR cart, I’m excited to try it!

1 Like

I am still out of likes from last night. Lol! I am using the calculator, I did not know that was an option. Thank you for the tip! Yes, a scale would be great! I’m going to get one, but I bought sooooo many supplies recently, that it will need to wait, sadly :frowning: It does sound so much easier!!

3 Likes

:joy:

Yep! Go to user>preferences and scroll down about half way through you’ll see an option for drops or mgs.[quote=“Jenny1978, post:28, topic:137624”]
I bought sooooo many supplies recently, that it will need to wait, sadly
[/quote]

Oh honey I feel ya! I struggled through with measuring by volume for a while before I could justify another purchase after my initial start up. But when I finally got it it was so worth it. I’d recommend making it top priority when you’re able to order again.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Ahh, I don’t like not being able to like! Lol! :joy: The instructions for measuring by drops is fantastic! That will help a lot for this particular recipe. Measuring out all of the tiny amounts in syringes is time consuming, but also, in a way, it’s calming. I know that sounds weird. It reminds me of measuring ingredients for baking, and that calms me, but I can’t bake anymore. My husband (who still smokes analogs but will try the vapes I make and is sort of slowly getting into it) calls me “Breaking Bad” when I am mixing because it looks like drugs with the syringes and tiny bottles and the tiny amounts. The first time he saw me mixing, he knew what I was doing, but just couldn’t stop laughing at how badly it looks like making drugs. Lol! :joy:

3 Likes

@Jenny1978
I work both in drops and by weight and switch between the two quite often depending on if I’m making a 10ml sampler or a 50ml or larger big batch.
If your working in drops be aware no two companies bottles deliver the same droplets. I work mostly with OOO flavors so it was simple to get a bunch of empties from them and transfer the odd flavors into the same type bottles this way all my drips equal 35 drops per gram.

Alternately once you have your scale do a count out of the various dripper tips and record how many of each it takes for a gram. Capella tips make really big drops as I remember it’s about 22 drops per as a for example.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it! I definitely will put your advice to good use. My problem here is a bit different though. I created a recipe ass backwards, lol, and can’t figure out how to make it correctly. It was pure dumb luck! I have 10ml bottles of many of my flavors mixed at their reccomended single flavor percentages with PG & VG. I did this so I could learn the tastes of the different brands of a flavor, the difference between the creams, etc… I also just like to noodle around with them. I will put a little of this and that in my tank and vape it to learn what works well together. Basically, just to educate myself a bit. I created a recipe that I wanted to try as a clone for Coconut bay. But hadn’t tried to mix it yet. Just messing around, I used this recipe with my pre-mixed flavors in a weird way. If there was 2.5% of a flavor, I used 10 premixed drops. If it was 7%, i used 28 premixed drops. I took all of the percentages and multiplied by 4, put the drops into my tank, gave a shake and vaped it. And it was exactly what I was trying to make! The flavor is perfect! But, my recipe as it is, doesn’t work out the same way because all of the flavors that I used were diluted at different %s. Like I said, dumb luck! The pre mixed flavors were all made in the same type of little plastic bottle, so the drops were all consistent. And I definitely know now the correct flavors I need. I just need to figure out what percentage I need for each as an undiluted flavor concentrate in order to make more. I thought that I could figure it out mathematically, still trying that. I may just have to keep adjusting the percentages and trying small batches until I get it right. I have a bottle made up of the dumb luck version to compare to.

1 Like

Ahhhhh he said.
That’s the one thing I’ve been very religious about is taking and keeping good notes.
Dreaming up a recipe. Getting it down in the computer first and then I’ll mix it up and note any changes as I mix.
I’ll look over the notes on the last mix and see if it’s a solid blend or if it needs some tweaking.
I tried keeping the percentages on tape on each bottle but between my chicken scratch handwriting and any water or juice and my notes are obliterated. Why I do it all on the computer now and just label as to basic flavor and keep the details on the laptop.
Good luck if you take the shotgun approach, it can work but it needs massive numbers to hit the target. Same method I’m down to on my own clone efforts.
Every time I do a mix session I’ll knock out 6 or so more shots at my store juice clone.

As i was reading this…

lol