[REQ] The Schwartz Downside - Blueberry Yogurt

I’ll take your word for it and def give the recipe below a try (copied for convenience from just above). Pretty sure I had a FW attempt but I didn’t get dedicated to finding the right percentages. I’m very focused on the right “milk” as one of the flavor notes I enjoyed …more to come.

3 Likes

This is driving me a bit nuts :wink: …short drive. I haven’t ordered Vape hardware online for a couple years. I have a wide selection of local vape shops which I prefer to support. A recent purchase was 2X (deep discounted) 100ml Kilo Kiberry Yogurt. For the unfamiliar that’s Strawberry Kiwi Yogurt. It’s been enjoyable to vape exclusively and is almost gone. It has been an education too, flavor-wise, and Kiberry is just as OG as The Schwartz.

Reflecting back on one of my historical perspectives that The Downside was discontinued (even pulled from shelves, Vape shop owners told me at the time, as the reason I could no longer buy) because that recent (old!) analysis of popular e-juices of the day, during the A/P panic (5 years ago), where The Downside was the 2nd highest “offender”. Many ELR Members have called BS on those old Popc0rn Lung claims, and it’s not my worry either today. After 200mls of Kiberry Yogurt now that historical fact about The Downside is even more of a clue! I have no info re: %s in Kiberry

To repeat from above, I’m not that sure there were any “Yogurt” flavorings available or popular back in those times. I think the Downside made a market for Yogs or at least popularized them. Kiberry Yogurt has some of the things I liked about The Downside, and these Kiberry flavors are more distinct …mostly because I am not going from memory and my Vape palette is more trained. My main problem has been the results when Blueberry mixes with target Yogurt bases …everything changes …and it’s a month long steep for what is basically a high% cream recipe.

One of the reasons I don’t really look for detailed help or hand-holding is this is such a personal quest absolutely from memory. Thanks to folks that have reached out, and so glad to have @peter_penguin voice his similar quest …and his recipe is good. However, everything changed this month after guzzling 200 mls of Kilo Kiberry. As I believe I said above, The Downside was an accident or more accurately Serendipity. I don’t believe a Mixer sat down and said “I’m making a Blueberry Yogurt!”

So profile I’m looking at is a heavy (milky) cream which has a sour grainyness with a simple bright BB. My insanity is driven by the notion this should be SO EASY.

I’m tinkering with a new path. Cream with the highest “bad stuff”? Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) to hit the max D/AP%

In Kiberry the Kiwi is noticeably sour. Also I think Whipped Cream, detectable in Kiberry, delivers a certain grainyness …that powdery sugar note combined with sour makes thick creamy yogurt? My suspicion is there is no “yogurt” in either recipe and the serendipity was someone trying to make a BB/Kiwi-based recipe (Milkshake?) The heavy LB cream with sour fruit and Whipped Cream result in a “yogurt”, any Vanilla should work great with BB. I mean we can ask Kilo, but I suspect there’s zero Yogurt(Anybody). After all the Yogurts I’ve experimented with, NONE of those flavors live there. Also the number one reason The Downside defied cloning …folks were always adding some yogurt flavoring.

As I await my Game Changer homogenizer I’m totally changing direction. Of course there are other ways to get the right sour, but the sour (Malic?) used in something like Kiwi (Double) (TPA) will be easy to uncover …and there’s always just Sour (TPA)

Ok back to work …thanks for hanging in …a long strange journey it’s been. Shout outs to the Folks at Kilo, an honest non-Vendor non-affiliated recommend, from a guy who hasn’t bought Commercial juice in 5 years …Kiberry is clearly a market-proven tasty product with a long history of success. You don’t need my endorsement :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Maybe you want to pick up there:

Unfortunately the original site doesn’t seem to function anymore.

3 Likes

Pinterest!? Pascal a bit genius. Anybody know the story of LeDIY? [Note to self: back up your site]

1 Like