Reusing unicorn bottles

Do you guys re use your unicorn bottles? Pretty straightforward, just wanted to get some opinions on re using bottles after they’ve been used to hold your liquid.

3 Likes

Sure, I reuse mine all the time. Some have been reused several times

5 Likes

How do you clean them after use? And does the taste from the other juices carry on?

2 Likes

First I rinse them in very hot water. Then I fill them with cheap vodka and let them soak for a few hours, then rinse them in hot water again. I’ve heard some people soak them in vinegar instead of vodka but I’ve never tried it.
I’ve never had any flavor or smell carryover doing it this way

6 Likes

I do the same as Saxon except I use Isopropyl and shake them up for a minute instead of letting them soak. Then I let them air dry for a couple of days. (I have a lot of bottles.)

3 Likes

I just give them a bath in the ultrasonic cleaner, rinse them and let them air dry. I don’t think I’m as fastidious about cleaning things as many here though. I do use hot water.

4 Likes

I’m strictly a glass user now, but, when I was using plastic, I used straight white vinegar for the purpose of cleaning and ridding the plastic bottles of any risidual odors. Works like a champ if you let them soak for a day or two in a bowl of the stuff! :wink: … cheap too!

3 Likes

So would just hot water and dish soap work too?

wash with dish soap rinse well then give 30 minute bath in the vape product Jacuzzi

1 Like

Can I just use hot water and dish soap to clean and reuse my unicorn bottles?

3 Likes

That’s what I use, but MAKE SURE to thoroughly wash/rinse afterwards.

7 Likes

@Ken_O_Where merge request please. Thanks!

2 Likes

Works for me. I’m not into boiling softer plastic (i.e. not PET), so I just use warm water, soap, agitate, soak, rinse twice, etc.

5 Likes

Steer clear of Ajax brand soap, the fragrance really clings to plastic and can affect the taste of your Eliquid. Palmolive Fusion Clean uses lime and baking soda and rinses residue free, so it leaves no smell or odd flavor behind.

4 Likes

It works for me. I don’t smell anything or taste anything after using dish soap and a good rinse. You’re results may differ as per many other’s here. Obviously their senses are more sensitive than mine.

2 Likes

I use hot water and soap as well, but I make sure to do two things:

1. Use unscented dish soap. some of the cheaper dish soaps out there use a TON of perfumes in their product and these perfumes could potentially stick around in the plastic(I had it happen once with an RTA and it SUCKED.)

2. Rinse the bottles REALLY well. I typically run hot water through the bottles, then cold water to rinse any residual soap that might still be hanging around, and then a final hot water rinse and shake to ensure that no soap bubbles appear.

This is how I’ve been reusing my plastic bottles, both regular and unicorn. Don’t forget to wash out the tips and caps as well!(PRO TIP: Use a loose leaf tea infuser/tea-ball to hold your tips. That way they don’t get lost in the wash)

4 Likes

I re-use them with similar flavors. You can put alcohol in the water you clean them with and it will knock down some of the smell and flavor of the other stuff that was in it.

1 Like

All VG, PG and flavorings are soluble in water, so you shouldn’t need anything else. I just use cold water, rinse, shake and soak (a day or 2) and in 99% of the bottles that does the trick. The 1% of hard smells will get out with a bit of cheap vodka/water mix.

I do recognize that soft plastic bottles are porous and can’t always be properly cleaned. Soft bottles, like unicorn bottles, do stain and hold scents after a while. I’ve had soft plastic tester bottles (10ml) and they’re an absolute pain in the behind. This is why I primarily use glass and a few PET bottles that I tried.
I won’t be replacing my PET bottles when they’re old/broken because they permanently wrinkle with use, unlike glass which stays in pristine condition even after re-using them 100 times.

1 Like

So I take it that’s what you use?

1 Like

It’s what I have found works best for plastics, but I dumped all my unicorn bottles a while ago in favor of glass bottles. With glass, all I have to do is rinse with piping hot water.