Scale Suggestions

Thanks for opening this thread. I needed this info as well.

1 Like

I have had the Etekcity model for almost three years and thought it was slightly off. Purchased the Smart Weigh equivalent and in side by side testing, found the etek to still be accurate. Bought some calibration weights (mainly because they were shiny) and they both read accurately. The only difference is that the SW version does not have the ability to turn off the auto-off function. For 14.00 (SW) and free (Etek), I couldn’t be happier.

2 Likes

What if we mix by weight and want a scale to mix up larger amounts? like say mixing up a 4oz, 8oz, or perhaps even more at once? I have a couple ADV that have to steep a while and i need to mix up large batches to keep up with my demand, and it can be a pain to have multiple bottles of one juice when bottle real estate can feel limited, even when i have plenty of extras lol. Anyone know of a good 1000g or even 2000g max scale that reads out in .01g increments?

1 Like

While I don’t know of a scale that will do 0.01g accuracy for the size of a batch your talking about, there is a work around that may help.
Mix your ingredients as a stone (no nic/pg/vg) you can then easily use the scales that many use that do measure down to 0.01g to measure out your pg/nic and that stone into the bottle you wish, then add the vg to top it off not using the scale (or use the scale for the vg by measuring out smaller weighted portions).
I’m saying that since vg is normally going to be in excess of 75 - 80% of the total volume and is what is stopping you from using the smaller type scale, you should be able to measure by weight the ingredients other than the vg into the bottle of choice accurately. And finish off with the vg knowing that end product will measure out correctly.

2 Likes

The idea of having a scale that works at 0.01g is that most people are mixing very small batches, 10ml to 30ml are very common practise.
If however you’re going to mix by the liter (so to say), you’re going to mix as accurate (if not better) with scales that are only accurate up to 0.1g. Scales that are accurate up to 0.1g are much more often found to go up to 5kg.
But Tut’s remark, mixing your flavors as stones, is a very good way to go about it as well.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: been using the etekcity hy-2000 model that was pif’d to me for a couple years. Tho was annoying that it shut off after 3 mins and wasnt aware that it could be changed, it became natural to do a lil tappity before it shut down. Browsing sales i saw the model is still at FT and luckily curiosity had me reading reviews on something i had? https://www.fasttech.com/forums/2050005/t/2219000/auto-off-how-to-change The first solution worked for me but as @Lostmarbles mentioned the smart weight version may not be able to be changed. So now i can mix a bit more laxed w/o need to tappity tap but now ill be double checking if i actually turned her off after a session.:laughing: AAA “add to cart”

4 Likes