School after 20 years?

Even the teachers hate homework: some of it is illogical, many are unable submit it on time and marking it is homework for me. When I create courses, I try my best to remove homework and replace it with an after-class discussion.

5 Likes

Well, I can happily introduce you to a few podcasts which can engage you in your own terms.

The Infinite Monkey Cage and You’re Dead to Me are great podcasts. And, they’ll make you comfortable with most science and history while being able the effectively join in the greatest question ‘When exactly is a strawberry dead?’

7 Likes

I got an advanced diploma when I was 40. Also got a few Certificate III and IV qualifications since. It is definitely do-able!

9 Likes

It’s ok, people that study medicine properly finish their studies at around the same age. However, if you need some exercises, puzzle, painting and reading done daily or regularly it could improve your memory, concentration, etc.

5 Likes

You are very intelligent. I seriously admire that.

5 Likes

I went back to school after a successful career at the age of 50. I went back for an opticianry associate degree and mostly all the classes were kids just out of high-school. I became friends with many of them. What was scary was having to take remedial algebra and statistics again after some 35 years, but I found that I was much more directed and attentive scholastically speaking this time around. I managed to graduate with honors and a 4.0qpa. Was a very fulfilling experience.

7 Likes