Seed Steeping

I have been reading into “seed steeping”. I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds like an effective way of speeding up the normal steeping process . If anyone has used this technique I would love to here your thoughts on how well it works or if it works at all.

2 Likes

Got some links to the topic?

I’ve done this a few times. Mixed older steeped juice with new juice. I’m not 100% sure it’s faster - maybe I used too little “seed” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-steeping-and-then-some.5010/

6 Likes

I started ‘seed steeping’ about a month ago with any juice I remake. Didn’t know there was a name for it, but COOL. :slight_smile: It works for me. For instance, my PecaNilla I normally make at least 120ml of, so I take about 5ml of my last batch and put into the bottle before I start mixing in the new stuff. It takes 5 days instead of the normal 7 before the new batch is ready to vape. I use no heat to mix though, so I’m not sure how that would affect anything. I just mix by weight, then use the milk frother on it, then cap and store.

2 Likes

Good information

2 Likes

Ah, I was doing this and didn’t know that it had a name!

I keep my son supplied with his favorite juices and seed steep his juice. He doesn’t have a very discerning palate, so he doesn’t realize his tobaccos really haven’t been steeping for 4 weeks. Naughty Dad!

3 Likes

Same here been doing this for a while as well on my remakes. Glad to know it has a name. That’s for the info.

2 Likes

Do you mix in a big container in order to use the milk frother and then transfer to your bottle? And what brand of frother do you use?

1 Like

I got mine from Walmart. A Hamilton Beach, It was $10 or $15. Hi and low speed. Comes with a frother and chopper attachment. It will make the juice look like whipped cream in a few seconds on low speed.

2 Likes

Typically whiz my mixes about 5 or 6 times before they go into a bottle. Steep time is reduced like crazy!

1 Like

I do mine the same and then give them a 3 or 4 hr warm bath in the little slow cooker. Most are vapable the next day but better after several days to a couple of weeks. I’ve been using the mag stirrer/ hotplate lately with the same results, maybe not quite as messy and a little easier.

2 Likes

Depends on how big of a batch I’m making. My 30ml and larger batches I mix by weight right in the bottle itself.
The ‘frother’ I use is actually made for mixing paint and fits perfectly into the 30ml glass bottle opening.

Badger Air-brush Co. 121 Paint Mixer
I got it on Amazaon for about $11 or so.

3 Likes

I had no idea this had a name but I’ve done it ever since I started using 100ml bottles.

If one of my bottles has less than 50ml in it I refill it using my recipe for around 50mls.

I had noticed a reduced steeping time but most of my juices are premade in advance these days and when I refill a bottle I move to a different juice and just wait anyway.

The main reason I’ve been doing this is that I have a few customers (friends/work colleagues) that ask what I have steeped ready to Vape.

So it’s nice to give them a few options of liquids to choose from.

CMJ

2 Likes

Thanks @Alisa, I’m ordering one.
Badger Air-brush Co. 121 Paint Mixer $9.19

3 Likes

Thank you Alisa. I was wondering how you did that.

2 Likes