Senior Vapors

Now I see why I fit in this place, moreso than the others. No drama because we’re older folks. Aint nobody got time for that shit! LOL

6 Likes

My grandmother’s maiden name was de Vries and my grandfather was William Groeneveld who immigrated to the US when he was in his teens. Anyway, glad you joined our vape community.

2 Likes

you just hit the nail on the head… I think it’s a mature atmosphere around here !!!

4 Likes

Ha! Yes, my year!

2 Likes

I will be 55 on October 14 this year, got in to vaping to hopefully prolong my life after smoking cigg’s for 41 years. I’m a machinist/tool and die maker and wont be retiring any time soon, because wife and myself just bought a new home with a 30 year mortgage.
Love vaping and mixing juice’s and being part of this wonderful forum, but if my chest doesn’t stop hurting I’m going to have to quit vaping. Wish I would of started vaping about 5 to 6 years ago and maybe I would not of developed C.O.P.D

6 Likes

Hah, I started smoking cigarettes at age 9 as well…started drinking alcohol at 9 as well…I grew up in Germany and it just wasn’t that big of a deal…needless to say, I stirred an inner demon and when I move stateside, I continued drinking…
I’ve long since put that behind me…
I’ve made vaping quite the hobby for myself…I enjoy so very many aspects of it!

10 Likes

I liked your post for your enjoyment of vaping and mixing, not for the problems you have developed from smoking.

1 Like

Another 70s child here! Thanks to my career though I feel about twice as old and it has worn out my extended warranty for sure!

I do think it’s pretty damn cool when I see a “senior” vaping. I came across a guy here in town that was in his upper 80s and he had a box mod and a tank and I was just AMAZED!
I think it’s because for the most part, people of that age usually aren’t in to the new “trends” and technology, if that makes sense?
I mean when’s the last time you saw a great grandma with a bluetooth in her ear and rockin out to her iPod. More creatures of old habits IMO

10 Likes

I worked in a computer workshop and we also did home calls to fix computers and we got called to this old woman’s house and she had a whole stack of computer games. She was like a teenager, gaming all day :grinning:

5 Likes

You should never let age get in the way of enjoying things you like. I think a lot of people stop liking stuff because society tells them they are too old and they’re afraid people will make fun of them. I’ve been told many times that I’m too old to do what I do or like what I like, my answer is always the same; I’m too old when I’m dead and not before.

10 Likes

I fought in the Civil War, I mean, I was the first one to fly the Wright Brothers plane, I mean I dated Marilyn Monroe as a teenager, I mean…

7 Likes

I sure hope your chest stops hurting so you don’t have to give up vaping. I probably smoked ciggs as many years as you did, but so far I’ve been very fortunate and have had no ill effects. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Thanks It comes and go’s, I’m not sure whats causing it. May be the amount of vapor I’m inhaling, didn’t happen when I used the Geni tank at 12watts.

2 Likes

The only juice I buy anymore is Cowboy Blend from Slim’s in TN. I’ve been trying to duplicate it, I think it’s a Burley and Virginia mix, but I haven’t hit the right combo yet. I’ve been checking out the NET’s and will probably put in an order soon.

2 Likes

Don’t know, I vape most of the day and pull in 4 to 5 second lung hits with no ill effects. God takes care of children and idiots. I guess I know which side of that coin I’m on.

5 Likes

From which vendor will you purchase NET tobacco?

2 Likes

Don’t really know yet. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

I just had a thought, you know @Pro_Vapes is a big proponent of stainless steel and tungsten for building coils. If you’re using Kanthal, maybe there’s something with the kanthal coils that is not agreeing with your lungs. SS may be your answer.

4 Likes

Using the Crown SS .05 as we speak.

3 Likes

What a coincidence, I just grabbed my Crown with the .25 ohm coil. How do you like the .5 and what wattage are you vaping at?

2 Likes