Serpent mini help please

Yea that thing was a son of a bitch till I figured out to just cut the wick long enough to “touch” the liquid in the juice well and make the angle of the wick steep like a hill and that worked better for me.

1 Like

I have two Serpent Minis and have never had any trouble with the single coil decks (except for trapping the 28g leads).

I make 2.5mm coils, plain 28g Kanthal. Wick with KGD for a snug fit in the coil. The length of the tails will be about 4mm past the base diameter as viewed from above.

The trick is to pinch the tails of the wick to fan it out vertically (has the shape of a bow tie when viewed from the side) and cut the wick at an angle to make it tapered, leaving a 2-3mm length of shoulder at the coil and tapering down to 1/2 the original width at the ends of the tails.

I like these tanks. Good flavor, good airflow, no leaks even without closing off the airflow before removing the top. Just wish they held a bit more…

1 Like

I tried @DrChud way with the wick that was already in it… pulled the ring off still had to trim it a bit and it seems to be doing pretty good… not great yet im sure i need to re wick it but im lazy tonight so a temp band aid to get me through tomorrow lol along with my two other tanks that i cary with me to work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jayrell - I hope you got this by now, enough people have given some great advice. I had the same problem with dry hits at first. I decided to ditch the ring (although, I’m not sure if that’s what helped). But I did pay a lot of attention to the wick, making sure it was fluffy through and through and not too tight in the coil. I thinned out the tails a bit with a pick/pin and cut them so just touching the bottom of the juice channel (not dragging on it, just touching).

It’s a long way up to the coil, defying gravity, and I found that a wick with consistent fluffiness helped. On the other hand, if your tails are too thin or fall short of the juice channel bottom, you’ll leak.

Hope you’re enjoying, Cheers!

1 Like

I put in the dual coil set up and it’s working perfectly… I plan to use the single coil again but I did get it working good finally :slight_smile: thank you all for the advice!

2 Likes