Shelf life of Vg/Pg and Nic

That was an interesting, although a bit dated read. Glad you shared that link.

2 Likes

Oh man, I’ll take that nic off your hands if you still have it.

1 Like

Blockquote

PM sent Dan.

2 Likes

Found this text (with dead links) on a seemingly goofy public farm:

PG:
This is from the Dow Chemical Web site:
Storage: PG USP/EP has a shelf life of two years when stored below 40°C (104°F) in closed containers away from sources of ultraviolet (UV) light.

VG:
Proctor and Gamble Tech Data Sheet:
Storage: Protect material from direct sunlight.
Shelf Life:
We expect the shelf life of Superol VEG, Glycerin USP/FCC to be approximately 2 years if it is kept under the recommended storage and handling conditions. If the product has not been used within 2 years, we recommend to test the product for key specifications. No specific data has been collected for the shelf-life of opened containers of glycerin [, and since glycerin] is hygroscopic, it can be expected that moisture content would increase upon extended exposure to air.

5 Likes

And that affects the quality of your end product. Just try some fresh juice in an RTA or RDA and compare it with another that has been standing still for a few days. The difference is easily noticeable.

1 Like

Picked up 4g of vg for 13.99 each. Flavors are a bit limited but was showing enormous restraint and only got 2 bottles of flavor. I’d always thought they only did lg sizes of flavors until I looked around there more.

2 Likes

The (not common, but still on occasion spontaneously present) snap, crackle, pops (with my 60/40 PG/VG NET juice in my RTA, when raising temps) seem like hitting little “clumps” of so-trapped Water.

Once one lets-off the “Fire” control, in between draws, (I) tend to forget that the e-juice in the coil/wick area slowly cools off from the highest temperature reached, thus increasing chemical reaction “kinetics”.

1 Like