Significant Others 🥰 What’s yours like?

The Good, Bad, and in Between… let it roll! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I try to tell my husband this every day, he’s a bit of a workaholic and I’ve begged him to slow down but it’s not in his DNA. He’s 52 now and works 5 sometimes 6 days a week 16 hour days, then gets home on the weekends and feels like he needs to constantly be doing something in the yard or working on house repairs, and RARELY takes a minute to sit back and enjoy life. I know he works very hard because as he says living under a bridge is not an option, but to be honest our life is very comfortable and I wish he’d just take a step back and “smell the roses” for a change. Some people just aren’t bred that way, but I’m with you. Life has to be more about working yourself to the bone. Hope that’s not off topic too much :slight_smile: Off to take a kid to the orthodontist (2 hour drive). Blessings

6 Likes

@michellehughes listen I’m not passing judgement on anyone, I loved my work, a bricklayer by trade I use to enjoy getting up and out and taking part in the rat race, when I say the system I’m talking about the government’s of all the countries of the world
but I emphasize the developed world, the thing I see and this is not at you are any particular person, the harder we work the more our governments take in taxes ect, if your working all the hour’s your husband is working 16 hours a day, ask him about a car,
what happens when you drive it into the ground, it may start out been the best looking the quickest the smartest tech inside it, but once that car starts to give us people problems we normally trade it in and get a new one, the problem with us as human beings
we only get one body and okay we might need help with our health along the way but once the body starts to go over the cliff edge it’s very rarely we can fix it. I know your husband is doing the best as he sees it and your one lucky person to have someone
like that. The system is broken and your family just shows it for what it is, We should be able to work and play equally but because of the rat trap (the system) is set up it’s to keep us the ordinary working men and women working and worrying about money,
maybe when he gets home tell him there’s a big traffic jamb and the roads are all closed he might see the funny side and think about is it really worth this too work as hard as he is and he may not ever get to reap what both of you have planted the harvest
will come but will both of you be able to enjoy it, I am not honestly having ago at anyone but once you experience how fragile all of us humans are. We are not sure of tomorrow let alone seeing out today…

You mind each other and you got a good friend in your husband not many people would say anything about this, what made me comment was don’t take life for granted because as I said we are only human being’s and we only have the one body. Delighted to see. You
found your way back to ELR

Regards to you and your family :heart:

6 Likes

Blacker, I worry about him. I work from home something we agreed on when my boys were young, left a job as a respiratory tech and starting writing books. I know how lucky I am to have a man willing to let me stay home and do what I love. I just worry because he doesn’t take the time for himself he deserves. Ironically enough he’s a car man so yeah he’d probably get that reference. He drove to work in a blizzard so yeah the traffic jam wouldn’t stop him LOL. Almost had a HEART attack myself when he drove in that mess. Black Ice covered the road up our mountain and it wasn’t safe to drive. Thank you so much for the welcome and blessings to you

5 Likes

MyTrucker

9 Likes

I thought I would comment on this thread and I hope it’s not out of line but I have no “significant” other. That fact does not bother me in the slightest. It make me happy because I am a loner in the truest sense. I have never been married and I have no children and I believe that is the way it was meant to be for me.

Don’t get me wrong because I truly love to hear people talk about the person they love in a positive way.

9 Likes

She’s… well… is there a word that covers 1,000,000,000,000 times better than AWESOME!!!

She has been there by my side in my brightest moments and even closer when I cowered in the darkness. I even tried my damnedest to shove her away but she didn’t give an inch. She’s my confidant, my muse, my healer and my clown. My lover, my rock, mother of our herd of kitties , my sunshine and my ticket to the carpool lane (inside joke) I don’t call her my best friend, tho.

She’s WAAAAY more than that!

7 Likes

That’s not really true! :thinking: I’ve seen your significant other walking around on the countertops while you do your vids! :joy: I would have to say, for some folks, their pets make for the best significant other… unconditional love! :wink:

9 Likes

She only loves me if I have treats. She’s a traitor! LOL joking about the traitor part.

7 Likes

The complete opposite of me. Drives me mad at times, but it’s why we get along as well. She fills in for the things or traits I lack and vice-versa. This is my third marriage and we just hit 21 years.

8 Likes

She’s a complete Ogre. So perfect!!!

7 Likes

My husband has been named the River Pimp in our little neck of the woods by the locals because he’s who all the guys turn to when they are trying to learn how to fish LOL. My own Giant at 6’7 This pretty much describes him to a tee when he FINALLY takes minute to do something he loves like fishing, hunting, and of course watching Alabama Football :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like my wife!

7 Likes

So goes the old joke- lock your significant other and your dog in the trunk of your car for a couple hours… note which one is happy to see you when you open it. :wink: (Full disclosure, I would never do that of course)

6 Likes

Count me in…

She’s a little confused. Grew up with cats and they chill on the table when the sun is out :grin:

What, open the trunk?

5 Likes

(Un)fortunately, all modern cars have a glow in the dark emergency trunk release handle, so it wouldn’t work out anyway!

4 Likes

I haven’t got a car but I do have headlights

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 22.10.04

2 Likes